Tickling?

[Deleted User]teapot (deleted user)

If someone asks you to tickle them as a form of cuddling, is that a personal boundary issue, or is it something that needs to be shut down? Not the playful occasional tickle, like an entire session of tickling.

I want to politely decline and block the asker, but I'm wary of shutting someone down if there's nothing inherently wrong with it. I also don't want to do it if it's bad practice and risk another person being pressured into doing it because the asker saying "Well, other peopleon the site do it."

Idk, it just feels like it's a fetish, and more than platonic.

Opinions, please.

Comments

• Without reading the context of the messages; from the way you are describing it it sounds like a fetish. But laughter is therapy and maybe the cuddler is willing to put strict guidelines in place to keep it from going to a bad place.

Personal boundaries is a personal issue, does it feel like it to you? If so, let it go. Wow, I couldn't imagine tickling for an entire 60 minutes, or even 30 straight. That would be a headache from the tickling and laughing. Laughing is an internal workout and you can overdue that type of exercise also.

This is a friendship site, not a dating site and the rules are in place for personal protection. Plus being able to confidently say no is a must on this site.

Good luck,

Paula

• I personally always turn this down as it's a common fetish and outside my personal bounds of a platonic session. As Paula said above, though, if in context it seems harmless go for it.

Based on what you wrote, and the fact that you've asked, I believe you aren't feeling comfortable with the request and would say feel free to decline; blocking might not be warranted, but again, that's up to you and well within your right to do so.

Happy Cuddles!

• I recently had a request for foot massage and tickling. It sounded like a fetish to me, so I said no. He didn't communicate any further after that, so I figured I'd been correct. A month later, he was banned. Draw your own conclusions.

• [Deleted User]teapot (deleted user)

There are so few people online in my area that it makes me feel like I'm almost obligated to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I don't think there's a way to get around this one.

Thank you for your input.

• [Deleted User]Shan79x (deleted user)

That's a hard one because it can be non sexual but to some people it's sexual. Personally I despise being tickled in any way so it blows my mind that some like it but different strokes for different folks. I guess it would depend on if it seems sexual to you or not

• Tickling is a form of torture to me. Maybe it’s a cuddling antonym.
    My personal opinion would be that it would not fit into the cuddling realm.

• Politely decline but don't block. You can always feel them out and see if their intentions are pure or not.

• During cuddle session my light on arm touch was proving to be ticklish to lass, so I discontinued it

• It sounds fine to as long as both people agree. Laughing with someone is good medicine.

• If areas are ticklish then person can say to their cuddlier not to touch me in those area like that ;)

• Hi, I haven't actually seen this film but it looks really interesting. Of course it's probably on the extreme side and not necessarily relevant to the original question, but it's interesting to see how dark things can get from something that could seem innocuous.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tickled
    http://tickledmovie.com/

• Anyone remember playing sleeping lions where if you did move whilst being tickled you are out ;) ?

• I know someone who has a genuine tickle torture fetish. To her it is not sexual, or not always at least. However I would stand to venture that it may be a sexual thing for the person if they are specifically asking you about it for a session.

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

Tickling? No.

Wrestling? YES.

• I would go with your initial gut reaction "I want to politely decline and block the asker." That was the most telling part to me. Put your wants and needs first and don't compromise. It would be better to wait for that one good cuddle than to regret having not listened to your own instincts. Trust yourself. I think you're right about this.

• I personally like to be tickled... it feels good and gives goose bumps, not like torture at all and isnt more sexy than snugging and spooning. Like for me, tickle me - you are my friend! i immediately shift into child like mind state, carefree and fun!

• And i love to tickle! i admit i feel sadistic if person is responding too dramatically! and i just must tickle if i can!

• I've gotten tickling session requests from potential clients who is obsessed about tickling me, whom I've politely declined because I'm extremely ticklish & to me, it would feel like sort of torture lol. I didn't report them, but soon they got banned.
    I also got another potential client requested a playful wrestling session with me. I didn't report him but he also got banned.

• Put YOUR comfort first and foremost before any client - you need to feel safe and secure and not being objectified or used for anything other than platonic intentions. If you FEEL off, it doesn't matter what their intentions are does it?

If you still feel some sense of need to be fair and non-judgy, meet in public and see how he/she reacts and go from there - I firmly believe those with wrong intentions can only keep the rouse up for so long before their sheep's clothing falls away.

• I like a certain kind of tickling, too: the kind that pushes my nerves close to (but not over) the point of overload from a slow, light caress. Attack tickling is really unpleasant to me, but caress tickles are heavenly. And it's not sexual at all -- about equivalent to a good scalp massage.
    I sometimes even do this for myself. I drag my fingertips lightly across my exposed chest, shoulders, sides, and as much of my back as I can reach. It makes me feel like all my nerves are awake and alert. I have to be careful with my sides, though, because they are very ticklish and easy to push over that point of overload into unpleasantness. The first few times I used one of those wire scalp massagers was pleasantly ticklish, too, but that quickly wore off as I got used to it. Now I don't even know where it is.
    When my little sister and I were very young, we used to gently tickle each other's feet when we were watching TV. One of us would lounge on the couch with our feet in the other's lap while they absent-mindedly tickled. After a few minutes we'd switch off. There was nothing weird about it. It was just a pleasant experience. And it's not given either of us any kind of fetish as far as I know.

• When I was younger as kids I would cuddle my little sister, she was about 2 yo but not tickling so much

• If you say tickling that would be kind of awkward. I’m all for scratches though I would give / receive light scratches and maybe light tickles on the head or neck.
    But scratching is where it’s at.

• I'm glad this is a topic, because it's been coming up more frequently for me in inquiries. I really am not a fan of being tickled, so for me, it's definitely a personal boundary. Like what has been mentioned previously, it also seems like it's borderline (or is) fetish, which is definitely something outside my scope of practice. I've politely declined all requests, it's just not worth it for me to find out if it's just tickling or something more. More than anything, it seems like boundaries that need to be clearly discussed between cuddler and cuddlee, making sure both parties feel safe and comfortable! :)

• @inparadise maybe put something on lines of no ticking on profile? Would add feet rubs too? ;) x

• At first, I wondered what kind of tickling. Like, hard tickling or just using your finger to trace along their back or something..but, ultimately, it doesn't really matter because by your description of it being the entire session, it kinda sounds selfish to me. I admit I am brand new here (just registered today) and I haven't quite got the hang of things but I kinda figured the point of sessions were for both people to gain comfort from cuddling. Again, I could be wrong (and please correct me if I am) but it kinda seemed selfish to me for them to request an entire session.

• @ldn Hey welcome to CC. I don't think it's necessarily wrong to assume that it is for both people to gain comfort from cuddling. Just know that people receive comfort in different ways and all have different reasons for wanting to cuddle. Some people are givers, some people are receivers and most people are switches. I think if someone gains positive energy from tickling someone and the other person wants to be tickled then there shouldn't be a problem even if it looks one sided. Also with pros it's different story their objective is to provide care and comfort to their client. Ideally the cuddling session is mutually beneficial, aside from financially. Maybe some pros want to comment on that. I'm just assuming here.