viewing; but not commenting?

lol people view your posts but don’t respond, if it were interesting enough to open why not contribute to the discussion? I’m sure all opinions have value to at least on other person on here!

Comments

• There is a thread precisely about this topic that's half a page down, still on the first page even, here's the link. https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/4530/say-hi-we-dont-bite/p1

But if you mean the forum topics, the number of views to the number of comments then that is indeed a different thread. Mainly people don't contribute because this isn't a live type of site, this is a mainly private message site. Many people on here either aren't comfortable posting publicly or don't have anything worthwhile to contribute. Or like I am finding myself over the last 10 days or so, a member will view a topic such as this and then respond privately. I have multiple private discussions going on about the topics and replies. Things we could relate to but not necessarily forum appropriate. Like when I sent a private message about plaid item of clothing and if it had chains. We chuckled ~ others might think it's idiocy or not worth posting.

• @PaulaDahla - it’s definitely the 2nd part of your reply, yes the forum topics and i’ve never received any private responses as to a thread besides who would cuddle me while i’m pregnant. But like i said i feel everyone has something valuable to say and at least one person would agree from the site, but i hadn’t thought people don’t want their names on the thread; that’s a great vantage point!

• [Deleted User]RelaxingRemedy (deleted user)
    edited October 2018

With your last topic titled "Men!!", that gets people interested in the post itself. Could it be someone looking for men? Asking a question for men? Praise for men? Then, the post is a critical piece against men without profile pictures and little text in their profiles. That flavor of vinegar is not going to attract the flies to parley.

• It may not necessarily be they don’t have anything to say. Maybe it’s the post they choose not to respond to.

• @RelaxingRemedy there were two post before that .. but i mean i guess you are right but i’m not actually looking tbh .. i have no issue getting messages to cuddle.

• @CreativeCuddles right .. that’s very valid!

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

Curiosity and boredom, most likely.

Then regret.

I envy lurkers.

• @chococuddles why do you envy lurkers?

• [Deleted User]creedhands (deleted user)

I like to read all the threads that are recent. But if I find that I have nothing to contribute to them I leave it alone. Or if I see it is getting trolled or immaturely controversial I'll just stay out of it. I don't particularly care to associate myself with stupidity for people who are just trying to stir up the pot for no reason.

• It is a sense of keeping order for me. I open every topic that shows new posts, even if they are topics for which I hold no interest. I like to keep from having new post flags keeping those topics near the top of my list.

• @creedhands - valid vantage point indeed, being informed is pretty amazing also.

• @mickcuddle - very understandable! thank you for your input.

• I'm normally a quiet person. Many times I'll agree with someone else's response so I don't need to repeat someone else

• Good point, it would be very nice to have a like tab on posts. @Mark could you make that happen please? :)

• a like tab would be super clutch!

• Not every thought or opinion is worth posting for a variety of reasons—redundancy, not worth the fight it might bring, no feeling one way or another, etc. These are the reasons I would not post. In addition, I think refraining from posting for these reasons is good—judgement and reflection of one’s own thoughts and opinions is in short supply these days. If you disagree, look at the Twitter of our public figures.

• @FunCartel - i am simply curious .. not here to agree or disagree but thank you for your comment!

Ugh no "like" tabs please.

Fakebook is that way ---->

• edited October 2018

More often than not, I compose a response to a topic, but I don't post it, because I don't know how it will be received, or how it will reflect on me. A lot of times I sense there is an unspoken 'agenda' on a particular topic. If you disagree with the majority view, you are seen as weird or disruptive and people do not react well. Usually just composing my response satisfies me, I don't always feel a need to share my thoughts on the forum by clicking the 'Post' button.

• @UKGuy - i love the honesty, and that is also true i think there is an agenda too, so it’s best to not be judged for your personal opinion.

• edited October 2018

No comment.

this guy ^^^^

giggles

• @UKGuy , I appreciate your comments, even when I don't agree with them.

I'm pretty active but I don't respond to everything. Not everyone needs or wants to contribute to the conversation. I do sometimes wish there was a "like" button because I'd "like" a bunch of people's comments.

• I sent messages out to lots of people in my area and they all viewed my profile but didn't respond. They could at least say no :/

• @Djorge Hi, welcome. Yes it is just caching, I had the same issue with my profile picture a while ago and it's doing it again also. Messages are always hit and miss here, the key is patience. Believe it or not it happens for us women also.

The commenting she's talking about here is the number of views compared to the number of replies. A viewer can see those numbers on the home page of the forums under each title. I guess she just wanted to know why so few people read the thread but don't reply to it. But you are already posting so you are a commentator like myself! Welcome, have fun, don't get discouraged if it takes a while to find someone. I am just this week getting my first cuddle dates off this site and I've been here over a month and for me those aren't local cuddlers, they are travelers. If I waited for locals it would be even longer before I had a cuddle!

I think our site by it's very nature tends to be more readers, listeners, & observers rather than posters, talkers, or active participation. In fact too much needless commenting on the forums tend to push the regulars away unfortunately. I personally like it the way it is, feel free to read all you want without comment. But I at least, will enjoy any comment that you as a poster decide to offer!

See the wonder,

Paula

• Thankyou Paula that's very encouraging!