Why is there such a disparity in price? (Price Mega Thread)

Comments

• Last time I looked the “ Snuggles buddies “ are were at still 80 hour

• edited October 2018

They can charge whatever they want. However, you can choose to pay whatever you want. No-one is forcing you to pay more than you are comfortable with. And there is no guarantee that if you pay more you will get a more enjoyable cuddle.

• @MarvinNYC "Not worth the effort?" With an attitude like hers, it makes you wonder why she signed up in the first place. I sure hope you left her some appropriate karma so that other clients don't waste their money with her.

• The industry standard has been well advertised by Cuddlist.com so I would assume that just like me ~ in doing research on becoming a professional that was the number many chose because it's standard.
    I believe that yes, it is also a self value issue. For me though that is two parts combined to come up with the self value. Do I have the experience and knowledge to handle all situations? How do I value my time, body, and personality? While one part of that may be high, the other might be low so speaking as someone who may eventually become professional that is how I would set my rates. But that also means that as experience and knowledge increase the rates would change also.

Honestly though there is probably also the perceived value, is a professional doing this because the rates are attractive or are the doing it for the beneficial aspects it provides to people? That happens in every occupation though. Cosmetic doctor vs Emergency room doctor, protective cop vs bully cop, social worker vs psychologist. The passion, reason, and personality determine the outcome.

• In my experience, the best pro-cuddlers have also been the most affordable. The profiles for the more affordable have also been the most representative, whereas some of the more expensive represented themselves less accurately. The more affordable ones also seem to enjoy it more, and see it as a calling whereas the pricier ones gave off the vibe that they see it more as a job.

• A lot of people come here thinking it's easy money and charge the market average without really thinking about it. Some people charge higher because they think they're super hot, they think the work sucks so they need to charge more to make it worth their effort, etc. And there are some who charge more because they justifiably should (ie - they have gone through lots of training, have lots of experience, lots of karma, etc). I started out on the low end until I got more experience and felt more confident in my work. Once I reached the $70/80 price, I stayed there. That is what I need to charge in order to make what I need to make in the number of hours I can work each week and maintain my emotional energy to 100% be there for my clients. If I work more hours (or get another job), I won't be able to provide the quality cuddles I consider essential in this work. I already feel this is a very expensive service for many to afford, so I want to do all I can to keep prices there. I didn't even raise the price after getting trained by Cuddlist, and I don't plan on raising my rates after my training with Cuddle Sanctuary. I recently upped my Sat-Sun rates because those days are a high commodity for me, so I need more compensation to be available then. People can always work harder to make Mon-Fri work for them though, in order to save the money. I also have different monthly specials each month for people to either save money or get more bang for their buck. Everyone has their reasons for charging what they do, but I would be inclined to be suspect of people who have high rates without a real reason to (though different people have different opinions as to what a "real" reason is - I think an example for a real reason is someone with extra training or certification; same as you would expect to pay more for a certified massage therapist as opposed to someone just working out back in the alley or something ;-).

• @11rollover - I agree 100%, I ha vesimilar experiences.

• *I have had similar experiences

• I started at the market rate $80 and I was told that you never lower your price — business wise, it’s a bad move because you’ll never then be able to raise it up again. I only increased it to $100 for outcalls and $80 has stayed the same since then. Overall no complaints on my end since I enjoy what I do and many do too. I don’t know if I’ll raise it anytime soon.

• But far from easy work — some may charge higher rates for other reasons but i would hope to believe their work stands for itself. $80 Can be a lot and i would hope other cuddlers put in the energy and effort it’s worth! It’s all about making the cuddler happy!

• great feedback everybody! I think something we all have to keep in mind when it comes to this site or other sites for cuddling is that these “pro cuddlers” are still pro cuddlers and no matter how we speak of them, it doesn’t change the fact that they are in the industry and they still are as legitimate as we are about cuddling. Now what they do during a cuddle session or how can be somewhat of a head scratcher (like who would deal with a cuddler who doesn’t even allow closeness or touch at all? A cuddler who is only in it to make extra cash but makes more in their other occupation that they find the cuddling work less worth putting an effort in?)

I personally don’t make more money cuddling than I do in my other profession but that’s not going to discourage me. I enjoy doing this wholeheartedly (and still expect to be paid for the time). Even if I went a whole month without a cuddle session, it wouldn’t keep me from keeping my efforts up to connect with other cuddlers.

In CA, a hot spot for cuddling, I’ve been told I can easily charge $120 per hour and be fine in finding paying clients. I’m not sure if I ever wanna go that high but maybe if my cuddle becomes so demanding that I’d have to open up my time for just cuddling, then that’s something I’ll look into when I cross that bridge.
    But in the meantime, there’s plenty of us charging $80 or less still around? I can’t say the same for all parts of the world but people sign up for this site often so hopefully the one with the right price comes along to convince ya!

• I recently cuddled for the first time with a very nice lady who charged $110 for an hour. While my spider senses told me to stick with my $80 regulars, sometimes I can’t resist the thrill of cuddling with someone new who can host (smile) - I considered it an “low risk investment” - well she was great, no complaints, but I found no compelling reason to repeat at $110 an hour as there are others in the area who are great cuddles for a lot less. But it’s all good -

• Just asked another cuddler in the NYC area why age charges $150 an hour and her response was “because my time is worth it”.

Admittedly the high priced cuddlers seem to be the exception to the rule - I wish them well

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

Spidey senses tingle for a reason.

Glad you took the risk and found out for yourself tho.

• @chococuddles - life is short, just looking for nice ladies who can host to cuddle with

• @ubergigglefritz you are so right!

One would think if you had so many people contacting you to cuddle you would have a lot more karma. Those numbers don’t represent people knocking down your door to get in. Just as the ladies above stated if you want to build a client based business you have to work with the cuddlers and have prices the average person can and will pay. It has nothing to do with how cheap THEY are it has to do with whether or not they think YOU are worth 100$ and if there are 20-30 others that cuddlers in the area charging a lot less you may not hear so many knocks. You don’t charge someone based on their income and how many people want to cuddle with you. Ultimately, it all comes down to how YOU treated the cuddler. It isn’t about bring them in, cuddle while you watch the clock, give me my money, get out. It’s how you made them feel the time they were there with you. Cuddlers have said they can tell who is just doing this for money. People aren’t stupid. Humans communicate more with their bodies than they do with words.

• [Deleted User]needzcuddlez (deleted user)
    edited October 2018

Do you feel there should be max price per hour for professional cuddling through this site.

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

Mama Mia. And people think I'M a rabble-rouser around here. ?

I eagerly await answers.

• edited October 2018

No. That would be like Craigslist setting a maximum price for used cars sold through their site. Pros here are not employees of Cuddle Comfort. They are independent contractors, in business for themselves, and able to charge what they want --- just like a plumber, a handyman, or a consultant. Are there overpriced pros? I think so. But rather than hoping for top-down regulation (price controls), I vote with my feet. I'd rather give people the freedom to price themselves out of business than tell them what to do.

@respectful or anyone keeping track --- have we hit our one thousandth pricing thread yet?

• I don’t know if we’ve hit the thousandth pricing thread yet but we have a brand new “erection thread” on the pro forum so I’m sure that one is also close to that milestone.

• Nope. Free market. I don't agree with all the prices I see people charging. And there would be some who want to argue that since I don't pay to cuddle that I don't deserve to have an opinion on the matter. But I do fully support the right of folks to charge as they feel they are worth, particularly in a service related field.

• Honestly, price is another clue as to who you are and the services you provide. I'm cool with people saying whatever they want. Someone who picks a hot body for $200/hr and nothing substantial in their profile isn't my ideal client anyway. Sorry if that offends anyone :-/

• @ubergigglefritz my thoughts exactly! When I see some new and older profiles with outlandish prices I think what service is being provided but then think maybe someone is up for some quick cash because they have 0-1 karma and haven’t been on for a while. Are new ones that start their prices at 90-120 going to flourish here? I keep thinking God should I change my price? I came into this because I was in need of the same thing everyone else is and some of the people I have met is just a bonus to what I came here for. I think, here I am being paid 65$ an hour to do what I love and if I raise my price some of the people I cuddle would never be able to afford that. I have professionals I see that could easily afford double or triple the price I charge and that’s fine but I also have men in their late 60’s to almost 80 coming and what kind of Pro would I be to raise my fee to one these amazing cuddlers couldnt afford. If it means I lose out on a few extra dollars, then I miss out.

• @CreativeCuddles - amen!

Would be nice if more cuddlers shared your insight.

• Yes. Good to have a balance between affordability and worth my time. I'm not going to make my rate super expensive just because there are some people willing to pay :-/

• @quietman775 & @cuddleversed That was my exact thought when Q mentioned the 1000th thread!! It needs to be close on the erection count.

Being the opinionated divisive woman I am I just indulged in telling a new professional my thoughts of her complaints. She's brand new as of October no idea what day in October, and her chief complaint is that she is mainly hearing from men who want to know if she's willing to offer other services besides cuddling. She has 15 pictures listed on her profile and less than five are body shots for size and figure, the remaining are all shots of her bust, her bust, duck lips and her bust, and a few face shots that have the camera focused on her tits. I get them because I am listed as being willing to cuddle either sex. She readily admitted that she hadn't even heard of the cuddling movement and the only reason she's on this site is because she did a google search for easy at home ways to earn money!! I am worried that this site comes up in a search of easy ways to make money. I think we all should be, but it does explain a lot of professionals who started burning brightly only to be gone within a month or less.

At least she's only charging 80 an hour but if she knows nothing about cuddling what makes her worth even that price? I let her know that if she didn't like the fish she was catching she should try changing bait!

• [Deleted User]princessplushie (deleted user)

I charge $85 per hour because I host and provide refreshments and accomodations. I think that's reasonable.

• Why isnt a girl suggesting only older men with money will pay for a younger girl banned. These kind of stereotypes only perpetuate problems.
    (@cuddlekittycat )
    Seems the mods have a double standard.

Free market place. Apps are filling in niches where CL and BP had a collage of too much of everything is possible.

I just joined, hoped to find more groups and amateurs.. but at this point meetup still seems the way to go. And safer in a large group environment

Maybe this app could market local group cuddle parties, aka, match.com and its speed dating..

• [Deleted User]Spoonie (deleted user)

New cuddler in LA. $500/hour. Seems legit to me.

• edited October 2018

@Spoonie is talking about BellasBubble in LA. Funny thing is, her profile pic (and much of her text) is identical to that of AlexisJones in NYC. The NYC version wants "only" $150 per hour. I would not be surprised if BOTH profiles were fake. Here they are: https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/AlexisJones and https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/BellasBubble