What to Write in the "About Me" Section

[Deleted User]NickOutside (deleted user)
edited November 2015 in General
What do the members of CuddleComfort wish people would write in their "About Me" section?

I see many profiles which are extremely short or vague. Quite honestly this makes it a bit hard to break the ice. No need for a novel, but what info do you think might lead to more messages being sent and replied to?

Anything special girls might wish to see on guys profiles or vice versa?

Personally, I like a few short sentences about the person such as a hobby they like so they seem like a real person. Secondly I think it's nice for the profile to explicitly state what the person wants out of cuddling. Strictly platonic? Open to a relationship but not actively looking? Public, private or both? Sleeping/cuddling in bed or more cuddle up on the couch for a movie?

On a side note, I also wish more members would actually post a picture of themselves. I understand some may be reluctant as they may not want to be risk being recognized by friends, family or acquaintances, but seeing a photo personally makes me much more comfortable. 

Comments

• [Deleted User]dreamdean (deleted user)
    Great points, Awake. I agree if the profile is minimal or blank,  it is like playing pin the tail on the donkey, right? All of your expectations are fair. The only iffy one is your side note. The picture thing is rough if you aren't single but a photo exchange  can be done offline with the person you are chatting with before you make any arrangements to meet. If you are single,  a picture is the best way to advertise so kudos for throwing it out there.   =)
  • I think that leaving your profile empty is like saying 'respond only to my looks'. There  can be anything in your profile but give people something to talk about other than your cute or not so cute looks. I particularly like the lack of a profile and a picture of your pet. Apparently people are pimping out their pets but these profiles are missing the little "P" in the corner of the profile. Really, do you really need to conceal your identity on website that only promotes hugs?