Hair color?

[Deleted User]Keira (deleted user)

Not sure why it would matter, but, do any of you have preferences when it comes to hair color, tattoos and piercings when cuddling? I was thinking about dyeing my hair a bright/vibrant red, I'm just worried it might be a deterrent for some people.

Comments

• [Deleted User]patTheCuddler (deleted user)

It depends on the individual actually. I do not know a lot of people with large visible tattoos or with piercings (other than ears and nose), so I can't really tell how I would react to them. Come to think of it, it would be interesting to meet (and cuddle with) people who are different from my usual circle!

I do not have any preferences on hair color.

• [Deleted User]BigHugsCA (deleted user)
    edited November 2018

@Keira Your hair looks great right now (in the profile pic you currently have posted), but the bright, vibrant red would compliment you, too. I'm around folks with various (artificial) color hair, piercings, and ink all the time (I personally have none of those, but still), and am not repulsed at all. I think in some cases, it might actually make me more likely to seek a cuddle session with them. Just depends on the individual, I suppose.

• I suspect that more conservative people who might enjoy a business like evening would prefer a natural hair color. Natural colours tend to compliment peoples natural skin tone best; however, some celebs are really rockimg deep reds right now and that hue can make blue eyes really pop. Some might see that red hue and think it is super hot and also hope the woman rocking it feels great and conffident roo.

• I have never dyed my hair but I do have 1 hole in each ear and a nose piercing I got on my 50th birthday. I think if a hair color suits your personality and if it looks great it shouldn’t affect your cuddlers. What I am thinking too is that unless you’ve already cuddled with these individuals they wouldn’t know when you did it. I think you look adorable with what you have now but I know some people just feel like a change! If YOU want a change go for it and don’t worry about anyone else, your personality and cuddle skills won’t change because of the color of your hair!

• I'm an old school metalcore kid, so bring on the decorations, if you wish. I'm for it.

• [Deleted User]Keira (deleted user)

@cease2exist I have a soft spot for you guys :) <3 I was a goth/metal girl most of my teenage years. Haven't fully given up that side of me either. I still dress up and go out to goth night downtown occasionally.

Thanks for all the thoughtful responses :)

• @Keira If you're ever in Philly, you're coming to karaoke with me, you'd have a blast with the little punk show I put on.

Ok :)

@CreativeCuddles Thank you <3 :) I actually have strawberry blonde hair now. I just dyed it recently and have yet to take new pictures.

• [Deleted User]lauracuddler (deleted user)

My hair is pink or purple most of the time and people seem to love it when it comes to cuddling. It's a great conversation starter too

• Strawberry blonde would be great on you!

• I wouldn't mind any hair colour, so long as the colour does not stain my clothes. However, visible tattoos and piercings would be a negative for me.

• edited November 2018

Personally, I prefer those who I cuddle to have either green or blue hair—provided that both are somewhat dark in hue. I have a collection of paint samples to help discern if one’s hair color is adequate.

Furthermore, a potential cuddle partner of mine must have at least 33% of their body covered in tattoos before I cuddle them. However, I can’t tolerate tattoos that feature quotes, birds, images of children/infants, religious iconography, or nautical stars. If one has any of those, I would be willing to provide either duct tape or a cheese grater if they still wish to cuddle.

A little off topic, but, kind of goes along with hair color/appearance - When people book me I typically ask them if they prefer perfume or no perfume, make up or no make up and I'm surprised the amount of guys who have asked me not to wear any make up. It makes sense though. One guy told me he doesn't want to get cover up on his shirt. And I feel like in this field being real, genuine, and down to earth and a little vulnerable is much more preferred than being too "dolled up". As a woman I don't see a huge difference between wearing make up and not wearing it (unless it's over done), but, I guess it's different from a man's perspective? I can see the appeal of both though of course and I still love wearing make up when I go out on my own time.

This picture of me is photo shopped as all hell. I tried one of those "let the internet choose your hair color" apps/games and this is what happened. I can't find this hair color anywhere though but if I could I'd dye it this color in a heart beat.

• Speaking for most traditional guys (or professional career type guys) I think, piercings (except ears) and tattoos typically detract from the beauty of a woman. Nose piercings offset from facial symmetry, which is a key aspect of beauty.
    Natural is usually best. Big tattoos on thighs are one of the worst things a woman can intentionally do to destroy her beauty. There is nothing wrong with a cute little tattoo or two however. Think the long game since tattoos are permanent. Will this be attractive when I'm a mom or a nurse or a teacher or doctor or lawyer or biologist or engineer or whatever it is you aim to become? If you are a musician that is different, or if you work in the arts or certain other fields.

Hair color changes can be fun, particularly if they are realistic, but the crazier colors can backfire big time.
    That being said, you look stunning in that picture above with the orange/red hair, striking blue eyes and make-up. Your natural blonde hair is beautiful too.
    I think it's best if your cuddle makeup matches the profile pics. Light makeup is really nice too. No makeup is fine if that is what is in your profile pics.

• Man, some of these bleak reviews on tattoos are blowing my mind, as both a strong appreciator of good tattoos of all kinds and as someone who is gradually building sleeves himself. I thought people who didn't care for them were very few and far between, anymore.

@11rollover Yes... My bad ass Celtic arm tattoo will still be attractive when I'm a mom or a nurse or in any other profession and I personally wouldn't want a job where I would be judged for having a large tattoo as opposed to my level of experience, education, etc... I think tattooed moms make the best moms actually. Tattoos are art. :P

I can understand some men having hesitations when it comes to cuddling or personal things of that nature. I don't really get it, but, I understand that the older generation lived much differently than we do today. Tattoos tell a story about who a person is though so I'll never understand why that's a determining factor for anyone when it comes to career/employment.

And thank you :) I love that hair color, I hope I can find it some where. I usually just ask men what their preference is, I think I'm wearing light make up in my pictures.

I've never gotten a nose ring but I used to have a lip piercing. I'm considering getting another small/cute piercing but not quite sure where.

• edited November 2018

I don't tend to judge those who choose to colour their hair brightly or have a bunch of body modifications, so it makes sense that no matter what you look like, as long as you take care of yourself, you're cool. Everybody should be free to be themselves, and if my hair weren't fried from trying too hard to maintain my wish to be a brunette in my teenage years, you bet I'd have blue hair that's the same colour as the top bar of the site. :) I've also planned six tattoos since I was 16, but I may never have the spare cash to actually expend on them since I have more important things to worry about. I envy those with tattoos. I am pierced in three areas of my face though.

Some of the previous generation who are a tad more traditional or conservative might be put off by it. A lot of people I have met in general or for a cuddle have tried to make some assumptions about me based on the piercings I have. Some have remarked how it's odd I have no ink but instead chose to stick "a bunch of metal in [my] face". They assume I'm rebellious or a trouble maker. They assume I'm politically far left-leaning (I'm actually in the centre!). Body piercings and tattoos aren't rebellious in my family, it's rather a quirky Generation X rite of passage which is getting passed down. When I was 6 months old, I had my earlobes pierced. When I turned 16, my mum suggested I get my nose pierced. When I turned 21, I made an impulse decision while on a 2-week vacation from work to get my tongue pierced (they were NOT happy when I returned :lol:).

My tongue ring causes the most assumptions, because in society there is typically a stigma associated with tongue piercings although historically, it is a ritualistic or spiritual practice. One well-known assumption is that it gives an enhanced skill for certain types of...ahem...activities. Not only is that perpetuated myth entirely bollocks (it's subjective), but this is not at all the reason I got it done; rather I did it because a) I was curious how much it would hurt, b) my aunt had a friend growing up in the 90s who had one, and I found it funny when she did tricks with it or poked her tongue out... and 3) in doing it I was actually reclaiming a body part which I had negatively associated with my own experience of sexual abuse since childhood. I don't expect people to know that of course, but when they notice it and drop their jaws, I often have the inappropriate questions following me around too. This is no exception with the clients I see who happen to notice it, and they almost always ask why I have it at some point.

I don't really blame them though. I knew what I was signing up for when I got it done, and I am always prepared to educate and explain that just because I have a tongue piercing, it doesn't mean I'm a circus freak, sex-crazed or unemployable.

• @Catloaf That was a point I forgot to mention, a point that is something I've been working hard on for myself: being your fullest self.

If I'm not doing anything wrong and people are just put off by my being me, then those people are just not meant to be in my circles. If I change unnecessarily to force a fit, those people don't actually like me, per se, but the approved version I've become.

• Please don't confuse what is optimum and what is off-putting. I was responding to Keira's request for preferences. I really hate large thigh tattoos from an aesthetic standpoint, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't hire somebody with them.

For example I don't have ripped abs but certainly wish I did. Probably most women on this site probably like ripped abs and that is their right and I don't mind them saying so.
    If they are off-put by my definitely un-ripped abs however, then they are shallow.
    If they would bias hiring towards someone with trim abs, they are shallow. (modeling, acting or personal sales being an exception of course).
    Frankly I'd love to cuddle with Keira or Catloaf or lauracuddler regardless of metal or tattoos or fun hair colors.

• And I'd love to go have a beer with you cease2exist.

• @11rollover I don't drink. Smoothies? Haha.

Good on the clarification, though, you might have come across a bit harsher than you meant, as I know I have a number of times.

• I never could understand the appeal of tattoos. There are so many other ways to adorn yourself with removable objects like clothes, jewelry, make-up and hair-styles, so why do something permanent? When I was younger tattoos were only seen on sailors or prostitiues. Now they are big business. Where I live, there are tattoo parlours everywhere. But for me there is nothing more perfect than bare unblemished skin, so any tattoo is a disfigurement. I've never met a person over 35 who did not regret the tattoos they had. And I've never seen any person with tattoos who would not look better without the tattoos. Just my opinion of course.

• I often have smoothies in the morning. Power greens, berries and a scoop of protein powder. Yum. (Not bad with a shot of vodka either, but I never tried that in the morning....yet)
    So hey, I'm game for smoothies. Message me if you are ever in So Cal. OC to be precise (not "the OC" because that is just for TV).

• edited November 2018

And I've gone back and looked at that picture of Keira with the red/orange hair. She looks straight out of a fashion magazine. Just beautiful Keira.

• edited November 2018

And I've gone back and looked at that picture of Keira with the red/orange hair more than a few times. She looks straight out of a fashion magazine. Just beautiful Keira.

I too love the look! Yes, @Keira go with the red for sure. If you are looking for yet another colour suggestion, maybe also try something similar to Clairol Natural Instincts Cinnaberry (The name is discontinued but the box colour is 5R/22? I think?) It's such a dark but deeply intense colour which could probably be replicated even better in the salon, and fades out rather nicely unlike a lot of reds which just bronze over. Your complexion is made for it. But show that to a stylist and see if they agree!

I've never met a person over 35 who did not regret the tattoos they had.

I can concur with that a bit though I've personally met a few rare exceptions. There are probably a handful of things we regret doing in our younger pasts, tattoos included... anybody here with a "tribal" tattoo from the by-gone era of the 90s who doesn't regret it? Show yourselves! B) Speaking of this, I remember an article on Helen Mirren who is 70 now, and still has a "sailor style" hand tattoo she got while younger and drunk with her friends on a Minnesota reserve. It was apparently done with a needle...and now the lady is a Dame. Yes, she regrets it apparently, but there have been reports she is planning for more tattoos! Hopefully with a trained and qualified artist this time, LOL.

• edited November 2018

I also understand that many women think guys with tattoos are sexy. I think very few guys would feel the same about women but most wouldn't mind depending on the amount and location.
    Personally, I might think they are cool though.

Which leads me to request, on behalf of all of us: @Keira, please post a picture of your "bad ass Celtic arm tattoo".

• Doesn't bother me for vibrant hair colors, piercings and/or tattoos. I Actually like them a lot, it's artistic and expressive.