Lack of pictures on CuddleComfort

I realize that there is a little risk of posting your picture on this site, but is it really that dangerous or that hard for so many members to post their picture? Please enlighten me. Can we all take this small risk to get an important site moving?

Comments

• I'm thinking that maybe membership is too easy. It has the downside of not requiring the posting of any information, but gives you complete access to everyone's profile. Perhaps you should have to post more about yourself, maybe even a picture before you can view the profile of everyone else. Maybe this would reduce the perceived risk of being seen by your boss, your students, or whoever  may concern you.
  • edited December 2015
    We're looking into private albums as well which might help.
  • I kinda like unpictured people. I like the concept that looks aren't the primary thing people care to convey or search for. They're useful to identify them in a public meeting place, but I'm not gonna use my eyes to cuddle their face.
  • I think that private albums would do the trick
  • private albums would be for what, friends? 
  • I think that the idea is that since some people are in sensitive jobs, such as school teachers who don't want to be recognized locally, this would let you have some control over who could view your pictures. Mark would have to explain if he us envisioning something else.
  • edited December 2015
    Initially at least I want it to be very simple. You have your standard profile photos but also a private album. When you message someone, you have a button in the conversation page that you can use at any point to grant access to the other person.
  • Unfortunately non pic profiles tend to come with one line descriptions. Not much to go on.
  • Would my mugshots make good cuddle bait?

• I have nothing against people with no photos, but it does give an idea most just sign in and never use the site again. I'm in London, I participate in some hug events at times and yet I find it very hard to find active people here.

Also, why isn't there a feature to list by time someone last logged in, like last week/month?
    I agree with the private album idea, although a basic profile picture would be a minimum. This is a 
    cuddling site, nothing to be ashamed of...?
  • The search results should be based on last logged in by default.
  • Those w.o. a pic do not necessarily think arranging to be touched is anything they are ashamed of.  If we didnt live in a somewhat puritanical culture such a thing as a cuddle site might not be needed.   
    I still have to interface with those who would prey on any irregularity they could find in my life. Teachers, holders of public office, those exposed to office politics, all require some descretion. Remember that we are broadcasting our sexual preference, our children, marital status etc.  Many of us have to remain anonymous as much as possible.  A woman is in much vulnerable as she is putting herself in an intmate setting to begin with.
  • Thanks Mark.

Good point Crispin. But i still feel there is an issue of trust/safety, specially for a woman.
    My view would be the option to either allow access to your private album, or better, attach photos with messages, which at the moment are not options. This should solve the privacy issues and reassure people they were talking with someone genuine without having to have their photos all over the internet

Just out of curiosity I used google to do an image lookup using some members photos and they are not returned on the search results, which is a good thing, privacy wise. Many dating websites make the main profile photo available on any search engine.

• [Deleted User]hurray4cuddling (deleted user)
    Thank you Mark - I love the idea of a private album feature - that would totally solve the pickle for me!! I have a bit of a public profile with my job and I'm a musician as well. Privacy is important to me in a public sense because there are those in those realms who may discriminate against me - there are just too many mis-conceptions about cuddling at present. Additionally and from another context I have been stalked in the past. Not a fun experience for anyone either male or female. It's easy for someone, once they know certain information about me to show up at music gig's, yikes!! It's important for me to really screen for safety sake - no worthy connection has ever had a problem with this. Also, I write a FULL ON essay for my profile description and simply crop out my face on the photo. No one liners on my page!! I share the full shot plus a few more once I get the other person is for real. Totally not been an issue.
  • edited December 2015
    I was contemplating giving out my fb page if I thought the person was serious.  Now, after rethinking it, that is not a good idea either unless it done a at the get together itself.  I sincerely hope every woman on here has a fallback safety such. As a room mate that is in the next room or some way to avoid danger.  It's obvious that some very bad press would follow an assault or rape.  Can u imagine the soundbite--Cuddle rapist being sought ..news at 5 o'clock.   I think the reviews are the besr hope but very easy to fake.  I am on another site called Couchsurfers and they have a system of reviews that helps lesson the risks.
  • edited December 2015
    @cts_casemod Whether your profile is indexed in Google also depends on your settings. If you don't want it to show then you should go here and click 'Yes' for blocking search engines.

Selfishly I always hope people don't choose that because I know how valuable a profile is in Google when it comes to bringing in new members here.
  • [Deleted User]hurray4cuddling (deleted user)
    p.s. Hey Mark - any idea on the timing of the private album feature roll out? Let us know!! ...and thank you for all you do!!
  • edited December 2015
    This one is for @Gary ... I'll try and summon him to the forum for a rare appearance....