Is attraction important for a platonic cuddle

2»

Comments

• Just like any other community this one has all sorts. I personally prefer to see this site as a first choice for the comfort and satisfaction of connection and touch. I'm not naive enough(or I've just read enough on the forums) to believe that's the case with every person here. Yes, some are here with the first thought of if I can just get into a private position I can get something sexual. Some aren't even covert about it, especially since the government has been cracking down on sex classifieds of any type. What I can tell you @RainbowZebraSam is that those people come and then they go. The ones that are here for the right reasons are the one's that stay.

I fully share your view in your last paragraph. The one's who see this notion of platonic cuddling as something bigger, more important do also.

• Yes, @pmvines. Whenever possible each having more than one platonic cuddle partner helps, as well.

• [Deleted User]SoulcuddlerZ (deleted user)

Attraction is very important. However, I must agree with others in that the type of attraction would vary and that the question could be more specific. After all, there are many factors that would be attractive or repulsive when it comes to a cuddle.

@DarrenWalker +1

• As much as I don’t want to think so, I think most people would say yes. In a relationship I would say yes too but sticking to cuddling, no looks don’t matter to me. I mostly pay attention to their personality and if I’m attracted to that I’ll be happy with cuddling and giving personal attention.

• edited February 2019

There is another thread asking who you would want for your celebrity cuddle pal. Not too many choosing unattractive celebrities. Just sayin....

• edited February 2019

One woman even said she decided on her desired celebrity cuddle partner after seeing him take his shirt off in a movie. Imagine the indignation from women if a man said something similar.

• For me, personally, a cuddle partner doesn't need to be attractive.

@DarrenWalker's graph works pretty well for me. There would be some traits I find repulsive that would stop me from wanting to cuddle someone but I'm pretty liberal about whom I will cuddle. Probably the biggest factor for me is do I feel safe with them because that's going to allow me to relax.

Not sure if this fits into this subject or if it's off topic, but I've noticed men near my age will often have their preferred age range as women 10 - 35 years younger than themselves. It leaves me wondering if they are looking for a cuddle partner or a date?

• Obviously the cuddle partner needs to be attractive to you (whatever may be the type of attraction) something needs to drive you to cuddle with that person.
    Anyone has it's own reason of attraction.

• edited February 2019

@Babichev - "Not sure if this fits into this subject or if it's off topic, but I've noticed men near my age will often have their preferred age range as women 10 - 35 years younger than themselves. It leaves me wondering if they are looking for a cuddle partner or a date?" - There are also plenty of older women who are looking for younger guys.

• Is it possible men and women are trying to get some youthful energy from younger people. Or the thought of being next to someone they otherwise would not. Attractive people come in all ages.

• I have to distinguish between pro and non pro cuddling. If I'm paying I won't even contact someone I don't find attractive. They might be the nicest person in the world but If I'm paying the first criteria is that I like their looks. If I'm not paying I would cuddle with a greater range of looks. Regardless if the person is a pro or non pro, if she has a bad attitude or is cold and not fun to be with I won't see her again.

• @UKGuy "There are also plenty of older women who are looking for younger guys."

Thanks for that information.