Quote of the Day

Comments

• "I shall go on yelling TRIPE whenever tripe is served!"
    ---Please don't eat the daisy's

• edited February 2023

• I was glad my father was an eye-smiler. It meant he never gave me a fake smile because it's impossible to make your eyes twinkle if you aren't feeling twinkly yourself. A mouth-smile is different. You can fake a mouth-smile any time you want, simply by moving your lips. I've also learned that a real mouth-smile always has an eye-smile to go with it. So watch out, I say, when someone smiles at you but his eyes stay the same. It's sure to be a phony. ~Roald Dahl

• "God long ago drew a circle in the sand exactly around the spot where you are standing right now. You were never not coming here. This was never not going to happen."

(You can of course replace God with whatever higher power works for you.)

• “Advice is like snow ~ the softer it falls , the longer it dwells upon, and the deeper it sinks into the mind.”

• "Stay conscious of who you travel with on this journey. See who you’re attracted to and notice who is attracted to you. See how much better you feel when you surround yourself with the energy of love." --Melody Beattie

• What makes you think human beings are sentient and aware? There's no evidence for it. Human beings never think for themselves, they find it too uncomfortable. For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told-and become upset if they are exposed to any different view.

The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity, and the characteristic result is religious warfare. Other animals fight for territory or food; but, uniquely in the animal kingdom, human beings fight for their 'beliefs.' The reason is that beliefs guide behavior which has evolutionary importance among human beings. But at a time when our behavior may well lead us to extinction, I see no reason to assume we have any awareness at all. We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion. Next question. ~Michael Crichton

(Book: The Lost World https://amzn.to/3wUd1AU)

• "The room, though two or three feet higher than the door, is so low that the head of the tallest of the visitors would touch the blackened ceiling if he stood upright. It is offensive to every sense; even the gross candle burns pale and sickly in the polluted air.

There are a couple of benches and a higher bench by way of table. The men lie asleep where they stumbled down, but the women sit by the candle. Lying in the arms of the woman who has spoken is a very young child. “Why, what age do you call that little creature?" says Bucket. "It looks as if it was born yesterday." He is not at all rough about it; and as he turns his light gently on the infant, Mr. Snagsby is strangely reminded of another infant, encircled with light, that he has seen in pictures.

“He is not three weeks old yet, sir," says the woman. "Is he your child?" "Mine." The other woman, who was bending over it when they came in, stoops down again and kisses it as it lies asleep. “You seem as fond of it as if you were the mother yourself," says Mr. Bucket. “I was the mother of one like it, master, and it died."

“Bleak house” Charles Dickens - 1852

• EVEN THE HEALER NEEDS

“Sometimes we are exactly what we need.

Eventually, the Helper will need Assistance. The Encourager will need Uplifting. The Comforter needs Reassurance —and even the Healer needs to be Healed.

Through our emotional needs, Life makes itself known, exposes our similarities and insists on the importance of connection within the warmth of empathetic presence.

Developing an awareness of what we need to be healthy, to take in love and to feel safe in the world, then cultivating clear and peaceful language to express each one vulnerably, is a process that can open the door to Harmony.

So, may you learn to listen and follow your heart's insistent cries of longing back to the origin of your earliest pains and bring forward your needs to be heard, finally, with recognition, understanding, and acceptance.

And may you likewise know the content and deserving blessing of feeling met and tenderly received.”

— Susan Frybort

[ Art • “Lady of the Lake” by Daniela Ivanova ]

• @MissAdventurous some amazing quotes! Thank you for sharing them with us.