Quote of the Day

Comments

• “Thus man is heaven, earth, and hell in one, and his salvation is a much more personal problem than he realizes. Realizing that the human body is a mass of psychic centers and that during life the form is crisscrossed with endless currents of energy, that all through the form are sunbursts of electric force and magnetic power, man can be seen by those who know how to see as a solar system of stars and planets, suns and moons, with comets in irregular orbits circling through them. As the Milky Way is supposed to be a gigantic cosmic embryo, so man is himself a galaxy.”

― Manly P. Hall

[ Art • “The Grand Design” by Annita Maslov ]

• [Deleted User]SOONDELETED (deleted user)

“I hope that people feel like themselves when they’re around me, and feel safe to be themselves when they’re around me. And maybe that makes people think it’s me that they love but it’s really themselves that they love. “ — Tracie Ellis Ross

• I don't belong on earth,
    my soul is from the stars.
    I'm visiting this planet for a while
    so I can help people listen to their hearts.

~ Nikki Rowe

🙏💜💫

📸The Kitten Lady

• Pretty sure this is per person.... But I'll be needing more cucumber than that lol. I like making pickles

• Smoky was a 4 lb, 7 inch tall, Yorkshire Terrier who served in World War II. In 1944 Smoky was found in a foxhole in the jungles of New Guinea by an American soldier who brought her back to camp and sold her to Corporal William A. Wynne for $6.44. For the next 2 years Smoky lived a soldiers life. Because she was not an official military dog, she did not get dog food or medical care. She shared Wynne’s meals and slept beside him in his tent.

The little dog even flew 12 air/sea rescue and photo reconnaissance missions, secured in the soldiers backpack. She survived 150 air raids and saved Wynne by warning him of incoming shells. Like many Yorkies, Smoky also loved to learn tricks and perform.

She did so with the Special Services – entertaining soldiers in hospitals. After the war Smoky was flown back to the US hidden in a oxygen mask carrying case.

For the next 10 years she made television and public appearances in Veterans hospitals until her death in 1957. Smoky is considered the first Therapy Dog.

• Nutmeg (Myristica fragrans) is probably the only plant whose fruits yield two different spices.

When the fruit is ripe it naturally splits to two. The brownish seed is the source of the spice termed as Nutmeg, while the crimson -colored lacy membrane (aril) is another spice known as mace.

Both nutmeg and mace are versatile spices that add distinct flavour and aroma for a wide range of food products. The nutmeg is slightly sweeter and so it goes more with bakery products, whereas the mace goes with hotter items; also a component of 'Garam Masala' powder. Mace has got medicinal properties too; it is used for treating stomach disorders and kidney ailments.

The evergreen tree is widely cultivated in Kerala.

• "In the symphony of life, find your rhythm, dance through the challenges, and let gratitude compose the melody that makes each moment extraordinary."

• @MissAdventurous I didn't know that about nutmeg, or mace for that matter. Thank you.

• Same here! Thought it was super cool 😁 thanks for enjoying it 😎 @MarkBPhx

• Andy:
    “You know what? I respect women! I love women! I respect them so much I completely stay away from them!”

-The 40 year old virgin