Does anyone run this website?

[Deleted User]SnuggleSymmetry (deleted user)
Several months back I made a suggestion through email that the website should advertise to attract more users. There was no response. I wonder how they survive with only about 100 users, some unactive.

Comments

• Mark is on here and active. He reads the suggestions, but that doesn't mean that he acts on everything that anyone says. Not to speak for him, I would say that most advertisement costs money, but gives very little return. He does promote the site by being active in the larger community.

The best way of promoting sites like this is to spread the word by mouth and being active on the site (posting thoughts on the forum, creating conversations, contacting members). Activity attracts activity. If you look at the posts,, you will notice that most posts simply ask if there are any active members in a particular area. Duh, you can find that out that with a search. If your search doesn't show members around you, asking for such people in the forum is useless unless you want to hear your echo in a large in empty room.

If you have a good cuddling story, post that. If you forming a group of cuddlers, post that. If you are curious about how to find more cuddlers, post that, etc. Advertising, per se, is not the solution. That's my humble thoughts.
  • It seems that half a dozen or more join every day. Eventually that makes the group larger. I don't want to start paying a fee. Could us members post something on our local craigslist under platonic relationships telling readers about this site? I don't mean representing the site but just suggesting it.  A professional cuddling service advertises on backpages. If I reach people around me on cl then it will increase our own browsing crowd directly.          Crispin
  • Good suggestion
  • edited December 2015
    @Cuddle_Power Yes, there is a very active person running this website (me!) and @Gary who gets involved with the technical side. I get multiple emails a day from here and do reply to 99% of them. Sorry you didn't get a reply but ultimately my answer would have disappointed you - being a free website, I don't have a marketing budget to play with. I do accept that out of the 30,000+ members many have not been on for a long time, although from what people have said, they regularly return if they receive a message.

@docgatorb The forum could do with improving. I'm thinking about categorising the forum into at least two sections with one for shout outs and one for actual discussion. Perhaps that will encourage better quality input. 

@Crispin About 7x more than that but nevertheless I'm far from satisfied. Great idea, btw.
  • [Deleted User]SnuggleSymmetry (deleted user)
    You can probably advertise through YouTube. Maybe find some kind of deal.
  • [Deleted User]SnuggleSymmetry (deleted user)
    DeviantArt. com is popular with the millennials and you can advertise there too.