Next step suggestions

Although this site may seem small to those searching their area for members, it really represents two situations. One is the fact that the membership encompasses the entire world, so the likelihood of new members appearing in your neck of the world is small. Second, it seems that many members create an account but then don't take any other actions such as completing their profile, attaching a picture or responding to messages. Thus, there is a feeling that the site is not active.

So I am proposing next steps that everyone can try in order to boost the activity level. First, I would say complete your profile. I know that this takes a little time, but this is sort of a minimum. It doesn't need to be a novel, but provide something that would give another member something to talk about, such as a particular interest, some personal issue you are dealing with, whatever.

Second, welcome new members to the community, even if they are far away from you. This goes a long way to encourage others. Think of yourself as a diplomat of the cuddle community.

Third, post something in the forum. Resist the urge to ask if there is anyone in your area after you have already searched and found that there isn't. Pick something that can actually be discussed, even if it is only your holiday or travel plans. Positive stories about your cuddle experiences are always welcomed.

So those are my suggestions, I would love to here from other members.

Comments

• These are excellent suggestions! I remember coming to this site a while ago and thinking, "it is really dead in here... is this place even active?!" I did get a response earlier this week, but still... we need to reach out and be an actual social network. :-).
  • Well the pulse of this place is rather weak, but if everyone chips in, I sure we can bring it alive.
  • [Deleted User]CuddlesRock (deleted user)
    I am new here (as of today). This post was helpful. it seems like a lot of the people in my area haven't logged on recently. If I message anyone, will they even get the message??
  • If you message them, they will be notified by email that that they have a message. Now, whether they respond or not is a different thing. Give it try, what do you have to lose?
  • Sadly there is nobody active in my area, but you never know when someone might come along. I really like your proposal to get this place a bit more active, I hope more people are willing to contribute accordingly. Look for a new thread started by me soon - I have an idea for good conversation, hopefully it helps people get more involved.
  • I don't know where Novi, Michigan is, but there is a member named DersEvvak who has been organizing cuddle parties in Ann Arbor and Chicago.
  • [Deleted User]SnuggleSymmetry (deleted user)
    I had luck only once. Back in September a girl actually contacted me first to cuddle.
  • Do tell more
  • It's so frustrating that I've been away from the site for a while. I tried organizing a local cuddle group on facebook as well. It doesn't help that people are busy and you need a private place to be, undisturbed by friends, family, etc. I often think of how other mammals just naturally touch and groom and how touch-phobic our culture is. I like the idea of trying to encourage activity, but really, how fulfilling is talking about cuddling? Clearly we're here because of a longing for touch. 
    Still, thanks for trying!