Cooking Therapy

Comments

• Wonder what would be a good cuddle food. Maybe something that makes you tired? Like turkey.

• Yes that's a great idea . I do offer that deal . I think it's very therapeutic to enjoy a good home cooked meal with some warm comforting embracing.

• Mushroom and cheese stuffed raviolis with pork shoulder spaghetti sauce. Fresh basil from the garden ๐Ÿ‘Œ

• LOL not quite my cooking... But I do put out the extra sunflower seeds that I don't plan on keeping for next year's planting for the local critters to munch on. ๐Ÿ’—

• Lovely local pro gathering spread from yesterday ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹

• Happily recovering from a successful Thanksgiving party that I threw for friends last night it was a great turnout :-)

luckily I did most the cleaning last night so now I'm just eating fresh fruit and relaxing for the day... I'm sure making a turkey soup is in order.

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

...@MissAdventurous, you're making me hungry.

Seriously though, that looks great. I can well believe your party was a success. Not only does everything seem delicious, it's so attractively laid out! Especially that middle picture. The contrast between the twilight blue in the window and the yellow-orange warmth of the candles is amazing.

I would like to go to one of your parties someday. (I'd definitely finish off all your shrimp.)

• I agree that spread is Amazing for both content and presentation. Mac n cheese doesn't sound as good now :(

• @DarrenWalker @snuggleme123

Thanks guys, I was a mad woman running around to prepare this, I do well under pressure.

I had done a day trip the day before to Seattle to get together with a client, 6 hours of driving, 4 hours of cuddling....totally worth it, but it was crunch time haha.

I hit the ground the morning of. You can tell with the blank wall in the second photo when I was like ehh....this is the table for other peoples dishes, you don't have to be perfect hostess all the time and didn't decorate that area.

Today's dish, banana bread....because I never seem to finish all my bananas on time.

• Hosted a holiday party last night ๐ŸŽ„

Here's a spinach breadstick Christmas tree I made ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ’—

• If I really want to impress someone with food, I make . . .
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    . . . restaurant reservations.

Last time I tried cooking, I burnt the salad.

• edited January 2020

TONIGHT: Made home made chorizo for the enchiladas and a saviche for appetizer. ๐Ÿ’—

Enchiladas just came out of the oven. ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹

• edited January 2020

LAST NIGHT: did a new recipe for cabbage rolls homemade from home! Before it was cooked.... ๐Ÿ˜‹

• It's been a cooking week with this cold weather here in the NW.. 2 NIGHTS ago.

pork chops with homemade applesauce and brussel sprouts

• @MissAdventurous Wow-You go, Martha Stewart. All that looks AMAZING!! That's the trouble with this time of year. It's cold, it's dark early, puts me in touch with my inner fat guy :-)

• @hillbilly
    I saw a guy with a very large BMI wearing a T-shirt which proudly stated "I fought anorexia, and won".

A friend had a 4 week vacation in the US, and reckoned he put on the weight of a supermodel.

• A female friend asked her doctor why she was eating so much. He did some tests, then told her, "You are eating for two".
    "I'm pregnant !" she exclaimed.
    "No", said the doctor. "You have a tapeworm".

• "The way to a man's heart, is through his stomach."

• @geoff1000 You seriously missed your calling in stand-up comedy. Keep bringing 'em :-)

• The "rotund" comedienne Jo Brand clams to be anorexic, because when she looks in a mirror, she sees a fat person.

• I was once so hungry that I ate my left arm. The final meal was a bowl of soup, made by slow-boiling the humerus.

My doctor said I'd make a laughing stock of myself.

• One night I dreamed that I was eating an enormous marshmallow. When I woke up, my pillow was gone.

• edited January 2020

I gained 5 pounds just by looking at this thread. @MissAdventurous should be renamed to MissDelicious.

• @geoff1000 ,,, did you belch feathers after the pillow meal ?

• @sweetsilkie "Those are beautiful! How & what are they painted with? : ) "

I'm sorry it took months to notice this. My apologies.

It's called LusterDust and it's available at specialty cooking shops. Or I suppose you can find it online. I put a little into a bottle cap with a very little bit of vodka and use a small paint brush to paint it on. It's edible, used for cake decorating.

• Please can someone help me to find the "please send me that plate of food by email" button.

• Bacon from the local Russian meat market with chicken cheese stuffed pasta noodles and an olive oil and spice blend of my own simply delicious

• @MissAdventurous
    Thankfully my mobile phone is waterproof, as that photo prompted uncontrollable drooling.

• @MissAdventurous I am going to ask that you refrain from posting any more food photos! : ) I have gained 5 lbs in the last 10 minutes scrolling through your posts! I have found someone here that loves to cook as much as I do! I love Mexican dishes and anything curried! I loved scrolling through this thread seeing all your magnificent dishes! Thank you for sharing!!