Rent a cuddly pet

I know this is human cuddling but I know that there are those out there , that like the company of a kitty or doggie .
For those that travel a lot , or have schedules that won’t permit pet ownership , perhaps rent a kitty or doggie for a weekend might work , when they have time .

Yeah , pet owners take out insurance for cat scratches or dog bites .

Perhaps a new business with professional kitty kuddlers

Comments

• [Deleted User]ivnava (deleted user)

I love this idea, It would also be great if it could be partnered up with dog shelters, those doggies and kitties need so much love and company :)

• Brilliant idea :)

• Cat Cafe's already perform that kind of function.

• Yes, but if I recall correctly there still aren't a lot of Cat Cafe's in America yet. I think they should do bunny at Cat Cafe's as well.

• There should be! Sergei of the Real Russia channel on YouTube just did a video on a cat cafe in St. Petersburg that is run by the local humane society so that they combine adoption with their coffeehouse cat experience.

• Wow that's awesome! @cuddlerforu24 great idea! Train them to be like service pets and keep the really docile ones for service! I just watched a Netflix show about puppies that are trained to be service animals for the blind, and handicapped. It would be a good format, for an idea on how to train and assess cats in a similar way fur companioning.

• There is already a servuce like this somewhere just dont recall where. Seems nice in theory. I can see where it can be a liability though in terms of risk of imjury to the person as well as the animal and can cause stress to animal. Negative nancy that i am....

• @MizzKitty agree! That would be amazing, but I do see Downer Donnie's logic though. Come on @pmvines you've got furry cuddle companions; I'd think you'd be a Positive Pat not Downer Donnie! ;) I'd be more worried about the animals being injured and not the people. As far as stress, yes. Definitely need a lot of screening and background work before trusting a well trained animal into a private setting without the handler present. @pmvines does the healthcare system you work for allow therapy animals to visit the hospital? I realize you're home care but your office is in the hospital. The animals that some healthcare systems allow into the hospital's all have a handler present to prevent any worries like pm described.

But all a person really needs is a hold harmless claus in the rental contract. Any scratches or bites are most likely going to be the fault of the renter not the animal.

So I guess we need more kitty cafes run by humane societies around the country! Oh, combine that with a few walled rooms mainly glass walled with couches or futons for cuddles of the human nature! Now I just need a besotted millionaire who doesn't mind funding a harebrained scheme.....

• edited February 2019

There's a cat lounge/boutique in Phoenix, AZ where (for a fee) you can go and cuddle the cats.
    https://www.lagattaracatcafe.com/
    Personally, I go to Petsmart on Saturdays where they have cats for adoption and they let you interact with the cats for free.

• Wow! I literally just had this conversation with someone! Cuddling my four legged baby always relaxes me!

• This would be so, so amazing and I'd be first in line for a doggie cuddle! I must admit that my first thought was How to ensure the pets don't get hurt? and then scrolled and saw others had brought it up (great minds...)

• I would love to rent a cat. The cats themselves would have to be carefully screened though. While some cats love being taken to meet people, there are a lot of cats that would hate being taken away from their territory, and do not like strangers.

• my daughter has a dog she cuddles with, i wish i could train him on being a service cuddler..im opened to any ideas though

• I would probably think that there would
    Be a deposit collected to insure the safe return of the animal , not injured . There are also animal abuse laws just about everywhere .

• Boy look at this. We may be on to something here. I'm lovin it.

• My cuddly pet is my bearded dragon, even though she has spikes on her face she loves to lay her soft belly on mine.

• I love the idea. I can't take care of a pet, but to snuggle animals for short periods of time would be fantastic. I definitely love the idea of the cat cafes, and I am disappointed in the cafe's (local one here anyway) shitty april fools joke of making one for dogs too, heh.

@PlushandPerfect - aww how precious! I really wanna cuddle with a baybeh alligator or a chameleon... or elephant or sloth... theoretically. :P I wouldn't actually be able to touch any rough skinned ones...

• edited April 2019

Considering I work with rental vehicles all day and see that people dont even care for their vehicles properly and trash the heck out of them or smash them.... id be terrified to see what happens when you have people rent-a-pet. There are some sick people out there.... And some worse ones with access to too many fake ids....

• I think I’d definitely have to sit in on a cuddle session with my pup! I’m so thankful to have 2 cuddly fur babies to snuggle with! ?

• I knew someone who had a cuddle pet and got cuddle worms. Worms need love too.

• Why not just volunteer at a local shelter? You could do all that cuddling with a dog/cat for free...

If you have enough time to seek out a cuddle with an animal, you have enough time to fill out a sheet online or in person.

• Oh my gosh! I was just thinking the other day about how awesome it would be to rent a doggie or kitty to cuddle with. My apartment's pet policy sucks though.

• Has anyone here heard of cat cafes? Kind of a similar concept, and it's an effort to adopt out the kitties! Not sure if there's something for dogs though... hmm.

@FunCartel Whaaaa? Were they snuggling the dog's butt or giving it open mouthed french kisses? That's the only way I think you can get close to the little devils. They demand a consummate relationship right off the bat, little buggers.

• edited April 2019

It’s common , in gods country, to rent a horse .... and the deal could
    Include ....stable, mucking,oats, and farrier
    ( for riding not cuddling)