how many people are active on this site?

edited January 2016 in General
Does anyone have any stats?

Comments

• [Deleted User]SnuggleSymmetry (deleted user)
    What do you expect with the lack of advertising? Very little to answer your question.
  • [Deleted User]SnuggleSymmetry (deleted user)
    CC could do so much better if a few things changed.
  • I would throw in a few bucks to crowdfund advertising.
  • I would ask the question, what would you expect with advertising? Having run a website and a business, I don't think that this is always the answer. I don't want to second guess everything that Mark is doing with this site, I think that he has done an admirable job. It is really up to us to figure out how to make the community more active, Personally, I think that more face-to-face events are needed. I think that the events like the ones that DersEvvak is organizing are the way to go. We have someone doing this in Michigan and I'm playing with the idea of doing something similar here. There are clearly pockets of members around the country. I also realize that there are members in more isolated areas who may not be able to organize events, so I don't expect this of everybody. But everyone has a circle of influence, whether it be big or small, and it is time to use this influence.
  • Imo, very few. I'd say less than 5% of all profiles are active. I live in a huge city and it wouldn't surprise me if there were only 5 active profiles. I like what someone said about us working on making it more active.
  • Is sam1 ready there
  • I think 5% is a good estimate. Most of the profiles Ive viewed were last online 1-2 years ago and the recent profiles online are out of state
  • So, now you need the number of actual members, divide it by how many squares miles of the earth has internet access and you will get an idea of ho ridiculously low the odds are of finding someone through this site. Still, it is a start, like a seedling that has just surfaced. The job now is to keep nurturing it and it will grow, It doesn't help, as so many have done, to keep asking it why it isn't big now.
  • There should be an open cuddle buddy nigth were people meet
  • YES... A all out get together.. Find a more or less spot and book rooms at motel/hotel for a get together for few days or week-end..Could be alot of fun and sure great talks and laughs
  • Couchsurfing.com has meetups in different places. You could start a group from within that if there is not one allready.
  • [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)

Aren't we still having this conversation almost 8 years later? Lots more active members. Lots more professionals. Yet folks are still asking how to make the site better. How to increase by the advertising revenue potential of the site? How to encourage more harmony in the community? How much has the site attained it's potential in the last 8;years? What can each member do to achieve that potential? What are the challenges that face this site 8 years in? What opportunities are out their to be utilized by this community in an ever changing digital arena ?