Touch Positive Michigan - Cuddle Parties in Detroit and Grand Rapids, MI!

[Deleted User]DersEvvak (deleted user)
edited January 2016 in General
There isn't yet a specific section on here for events, though the idea has been brought up in the past. For now, a forum thread will have to do!

I have been working on organizing cuddle parties in MI since last May, and am now hosting events roughly once a month in Grand Rapids and the Detroit metro area. Since it isn't possible to edit the top post to update info, I will periodically bump the thread with info on new events as they're scheduled. Info and registration forms are at touchpositivemichigan.org.

Cuddle parties are events that provide a fun, friendly, and safe space to be open, honest, emotional, and vulnerable with other like-minded people, all while satisfying the basic human need for positive touch. We encourage you to explore your personal boundaries by giving you an opportunity to practice asking for what you want, and to appreciate the power of responding to a request with an honest "yes" or "no."

This is not a place to "hook up" with people. If you are expecting to come away from this event with anyone's phone number, you will be disappointed. This is a strictly non-sexual event - our first rule is that everyone keeps their clothes on. Many people find themselves deprived of touch because of an unspoken expectation that it must lead to sex. Our message is that a cuddle can just be a cuddle, and you have no obligation to go beyond what you want.

Comments

• It is great. That u r doIng this. Cuddling is an awareness that society has extinguished. It has emerged as an acceptable counterculture so far.
  • [Deleted User]DersEvvak (deleted user)
    Latest event dates have been posted: April 16 in Grand Rapids, and April 17 in Detroit!
  • I  like to bump this posting every time someone brings up the topic of real face-to-face facilitated events as a way to get the ball rolling. I'll point out that DersEvvak has been doing these events for a while and no one has posted that they attended one and how it went. It's time to put your money where your mouth is. There are several members on this site in the vicinity of these events. Perhaps if there was more support of this, there could be more organized in different parts of the country, I'm just saying...
    Next events will be in Ann Arbor on May 7, and Kalamazoo on June 11.
    Kalamazoo cuddle party is this Saturday! Also have one in Flint coming up on July 10.
    Flint party is this Sunday!