What are you reading? (The CC Book Club)

124»

Comments

• I'm a member of a book club and so have to read what they assign. Current selection is "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell. The one before that was "Farsighted" by Steven Johnson.

• I get my books these days via Audible. Currently, I’m listening to a Gray Man novel by Mark Greaney. Candy. I find them very entertaining while driving long distances for work.

• I've got three going:

Reading:

The Finders by Dr. Jeffery A. Martin - a book summing up his global academic research on peeps who are spiritually "awake" - just starting this - met him at a conference and got a free book so we shall see

Ahead of All Parting: The Selected Poetry & Prose of Rainer Maria Rilke, ed/trans Stephen Mitchell - freaking love Rilke

Audio:

River of Fire, Sister Helen Prejean (autobiography by the woman who wrote Dead Man Walking) - this is a little dorky but interesting view into a nun's life... so far like spying on a midwestern women's crafting circle, but hoping it will get meatier as it proceeds.

I just got over listening to all of Jane Austen and all of Charles Dickens. I dearly adore falling asleep to a British voice reading yummy stories.

• I am looking forward to reading what @littermate is writing

• Awwww, @snuggleme123 .... I'd have to come out of anonymity to announce it when it's done, but that sentence just made my day. <3

• As of 9.23.19 I'm reading:

"The Mirror Effect: How Celebrity Narcissism is Seducing America", Dr Drew Pinsky
    "Brainwashed: Challenging the Myth of Black Inferiority", Tom Burrell
    "The Poppy War", R.F. Kuang
    "Malice", John Gwynne
    "Futuristic Violence and Fancy Suits", David Wong

• I'm currently working my way though an entire shelf of Terry Pratchett's Discworld books.

• The subtle art of not giving a fck by mark manson!

• The Brothers Karamazov, Dostoevsky

• Oh and Joan of Arc, Mark Twain

• Im currently reading this thread.

• I’m currently re-reading A Clash of Kings, and bits from The Poetic Edda.

For non-fiction, I’ve just started We Believe the Children: A Moral Panic in the 1980s, which is about how a bunch of people thought things were Satanic and out to corrupt their children. Stuff like He-Man and Dungeons & Dragons.

• You Have the Right to Remain Fat - Virgie Tovar

• I read Tolstoy backwards. The first one I tackled was Peace and War.

• Reading: Unshakeable by Tony Robbins
    A Happy Pocket Full Of Money by David Gikandi (2nd time)

Audio: As A Man Thinketh by James Allen

All of these are excellent!😄

• Never broken by Jewel audiobook.
    Be driving n helps me when I get tired of tunes n podcasts. Just finished Sister brothers and Harry Potter 1st audio books.