Was banned?

edited November 2019 in Professional Cuddling

I’ve been talking with a “pro” with lots of
Good feedback and karma. This morning I see their account was banned. Doesn’t seem right? Does that happen from time to time? Glitch?

Comments

• There are a lot of "professionals" who sign onto this site, but who actually are offering illegal services or otherwise working against the terms of service of the site. Seems odd that it would be with a professional who has lots of good feedback and karma though... :-/

• Unfortunately I've noticed that a few pros hint to "extras" in my area actually have a lot of good feedback and Karma. I've never pushed the conversations to discover what those hints lead to specifically, but I'm pretty sure they are against the site TOS. I just moved on in my search - this was earlier on and now I would report them, but it's months ago.

My bigger observation at the time is that there are a couple guys that use a lot of pros always leave tons of feedback and I know they've mutually cuddled with some of those questionable pros - seems they are working in concert to avoid detection? Or perhaps those pros weren't hinting at other things with them??

• @TouchIsTLC No one in their right mind who participates in these bannable offenses would report them. That's the problem with this system. If someone is seeking "other" services, and a professional gives it to them, OF COURSE they would provide good karma. They were happy. The only way to get caught is to either be careless, or accidentally let out that you offer it to someone who actually respects the intentions of this site. It's frustrating. Really the only way to find a good professional is talk to them and ask lots of questions until you are convinced they are a good fit with you. One thing that karma DOES tell you is that they are unlikely to cheat you out of your money and steal from you =P That people have actually successfully met up with these people. That's something, but certainly not everything you need to know...

• Funny... I made that post and immediately after get viewed by a dozen guys from all over the country. lol. makes me think they're like "DUDE! Don't ruin this for me!" But maybe I just have a low opinion of humans (males in particular).

@ubergigglefritz absolutely agree! And looking back now, I wish I would have 1) confirmed what those hinted offers were about and 2) reported those that were out of bounds. I didn't know enough about the site and what I should and shouldn't report when I was first looking around and figuring things out.

• @TouchIsTLC I have turned in a couple of pros for TOS and they have been banned. So yes, it does exist. The big tip off is those types say the session can be “enhanced” for X amount of $$$. I play dumb and ask them what enhanced means and they spell it out.

• @FunCartel I have too since then, do it often for those that are clearly offering "other" services. I might be responsible for a handful of bans a month - I don't want your "business" or creepiness interfering with and messing up my cuddle time! Go somewhere else please!! Takes a village, if we are all diligent, we will make ground and build a safe community for platonic cuddling.

I know it missed the opportunity on some and had a tendency back then to delete convos once they were clearly not a match - not worth my time to try and find them again, I assume someone else did it for me and/or they realized this was not a good place to peddle their arses.

• edited May 2019

@TouchIsTLC I know what you mean. I touched on something like this a few months ago and I suddenly had all sorts of males stopping by my profile and my reaction was paranoia that they would try at every turn to get me banned but that never happened.

I also wonder about those ladies that have several friends and half of them are banned yet they have karma from those banned members as well. I have to say hmmmm.

The best you can do is do a Robert Mueller and say I can’t ban her but neither can I absolve her.

• RIGHT?!?!?!

Looks like a duck...

Talks like a duck...

Walks like a duck...

Uhmmmmmmm, It's a.... DUCK?

It's probably not a bunny rabbit... just sayin'

• Yeah, if the professional (or non-pro) has karma from a bunch of banned people... Lol.

• @FunCartel LOVE your edit! Spot on! Pulling a "Robert Mueller" will be in the dictionary soon! lolololololol

• The pro in this case had clearly stated the platonic policy, and had no suggestive "extras" or any of that. I was also considering an appointment since I was out of town during my favorite pro's recent visit to this area. She was active in the forums and there was never even a whiff of impropriety.

But while it leaves some of us hanging with "wtf?" expressions on our faces, speculation about why someone was banned doesn't really help. Those who know, know...and the rest of us resume looking, or waiting, or both.

• @Myrddyn Professionals can also be banned or suspended for not paying the CC fees or for advertising their own website on their profile. I would think that would be more a suspension than a ban, but who knows. I can't think of anything else, but I'm not a moderator O:-) To be clear, my later comments were not directed at assumptions about this particular person, but just talking in general about the question of why someone with lots of good karma might get banned and then the slight topic shift that happened.

• I think that karma and friend-lists will tell you a lot about the type of pro you are looking at. There are plenty of male enthusiasts that have been with a few pros I’d consider questionable. There are some common denominators that you can see, i also think they are a lot of the guys that check other guys profiles to see if they are on the same page or friendly with the same ladies. I had a tendency to have a lot of friends, many that i didn’t have much interaction with until i noticed the trend i stayed above. I’ve cleaned that up and many of those pros have since been banned.

• @Myrddyn Dude, the creator of the thread asked and people answered. Perhaps the possible reasons and speculations help him and that is why he started the thread.

• So let me rephrase my question. Or at least add to it. This pro had a long history. Good karma from females and males. Young and old. Zero indicators of any foul play. Maybe ubergigglefritz is on to something. Cc problems etc. I mostly just wondered if it’s common for legit providers to get banned.

• @alexfuntown It definitely can happen. A lot of the legit pros have their own website, their own intake / screening protocols, etc. It can be hard to utilize the resources we have created which work best for us, while staying inside the CC TOS. This is a big reason I'm a huge advocate for changing to monthly payments for professionals. I am on another site that is monthly, and they don't care if you put your own website on your profile. Neither do I care whether clients come through their site or mine, as I can immediately implement my own email address, phone number, intake forms, etc, no matter where they come from. CC forces us to keep everyone on this site until a session is confirmed. It can be a puzzle sometimes trying to stay within TOS while doing what we need to do to feel safe before booking a session. Some professionals might get suspended or banned for failing to do this in a CC satisfactory way...

• edited May 2019

I've had my own website listed on my profile for the last year for the sake of giving info in one place and I've never had an issue, nor have I read that it's against the rules. Where it becomes a rule-breaking scenario is with taking or specifically directing communication off-site, but a mod can correct me if I'm wrong. CC clients can feel free to fill out the session form on my website so that I can have more information about them, but they will need to keep all contact with me here including booking and confirmation of the appointment, since this is the medium which we are using to do business.

• @alexfuntown As someone else stated indirectly, karma really does not mean much because even if the client pushed boundaries or she did no one will say anything for the given reasons stated in that post. You can only assume she never broke TOS. We will never know. This is why you should get some way to contact someone you really like after your first session because if they are good they might leave voluntarily as well. I have one that left the site because she has a ton of regulars. I am one of them because I have her number.

And no, not giving her name or number to anyone.

• @FunCartel "And no, not giving her name or number to anyone." <-- Meanie! lol...

I wouldn't share my regular enthusiasts (don't have any pros I use regularly) either!

• @Catloaf I am pretty sure you are not allowed to market your own website. I definitely want to know if that is wrong!!!

• Just noticed one of my friends (pro) was recently banned... (like yesterday/today) I seriously doubt that she was inappropriate with her clients...

• @TouchIsTLC No, I am not opposed to sharing with others, but she does not give out her number to everyone and she left the site so I have to respect her privacy and wishes.

• We need to form a music festival for these people and call it Banned Aid.

• edited May 2019

@ubergigglefritz Marketing, no, definitely not kosher here. But having your own personal website or blog which clients can check out in order to understand more about the service is different, as far as I've gleaned. If you're using your profile to promote your profile on, say, "the knock off site" (I think we all know which site that is) and then telling people to go book with you on that site instead, that's different and totally not cool given the TOS.

I'm having a look at the Cuddler Contract and it doesn't say anything about not being able to have your own personal website on your profile - just that communication should not be taken off-site for any reason unless absolutely necessary. If somebody from here tries to make most of their contact with me via my website because they've seen it listed, I politely redirect them back here - or else I don't book with them. I recently had to report somebody (who ended up being a boundary pusher using a fake name) for doing this, claiming that he learned about my website through Cuddle Comfort and then making no effort to communicate with me here. Yet his profile is not banned.

Anyway, this is all that's said in the Contract about communcating off-site.

• Flowchart for Cuddle Comfort decorum and netiquette:

1) Are you following TOS? If yes, then #2. If No, then buh-bye/banned.
    2) Are you personally involved? If yes, then #3. If No, then it's none of your business.
    3) Keep following the TOS. #repeat

• I know who op is referring to and I am also surprised . Folks do get banned for some benign reasons, not always for something scadalous so I can only assume that was the case here . Hopefully the matter can be resolved and person can be reinstated .

• [Deleted User]vesnyr (deleted user)

@Catloaf
    "If somebody from here tries to make most of their contact with me via my website because they've seen it listed, I politely redirect them back here"

It's illegal if you advertise your website or refer clients to your website but if clients learned about it on their own why should that be your concern or CCs concern?
    Besides wouldn't you prefer clients booking you through your own personal website anyways?

• edited May 2019

@vesnyr I think you're misreading my comment, or maybe I've used the wrong syntax. If the client finds out about my website through Cuddle Comfort, then I expect them to only use my website for informational purposes and to actually book, schedule, and confirm the appointment here.

I also post ads on online classifieds and paper ads around different neighbourhoods if I'm out. If someone finds out about it through that, then of course they can feel free to contact me via email on my site or through text, or whatever. And in fact, this is where I have gotten the majority of my inquiries and business. The downside is that if things go awry, I have no one to report it to... so I do like and appreciate that if clients are from Cuddle Comfort, they are required to message and book here for auditory and record-keeping purposes.

It becomes off-site communication when someone finds out about it through Cuddle Comfort, but does not want to use Cuddle Comfort in order to orchestrate the booking. At that point, I can be banned so I don't allow it.

• edited May 2019

I think you need to go with @Sideon ‘s point: Terms of Service was violated somehow and that’s that. We will never know. You can only be banned two ways—by violating the TOS or by getting on my bad side because I am as whimsically fickle as Caligula’s finger and I have been known to give the thumbs down because I am just that powerful. And yes, I am a legend in my own mind populated by imaginary yes men and wood nymphs who sing my praises to the forest dwellers.