When is it time to leave this country?

Does anyone plan to leave this country if Donald Trump is elected?

Comments

• Doc, I'm a hoarder and my junk is all here. 
    The U.S. is THE superpower so there is no place that is safe.
    I am a white male who won't need an abortion and who already has a 58 page FBI file. I am not politically active except in some very local politics so they probably won't come after me.
    Hey, isn't that many German citizens said who ended up in death camps!

• What if cuddling becomes subversive? Then we will all be outlaws.
  • [Deleted User]SnuggleSymmetry (deleted user)
    Donald Trump sucks.
  • i just don't want to be part of a club who would have him as a member.
  • edited February 2016
    He needs more cuddles....?

Sometimes when I skim the headlines and am reminded that he's actually a contender, I get that surreal "nah, I can't be awake. This can't be the real world" feeling. Bizarre doesn't come close. 
  • Doc, you made my day with that question. I was saying the same thing to someone - that most of the country is going to have to move to Canada if Trump gets elected. Now, I personally don't think I would actually go to the trouble of moving if that happened. Hopefully, it will not happen. According to Western Illinois University who has correctly predicted every president since 1975, Bernie Sanders will be our next president. There's even a video on this page http://www.refinery29.com/2015/12/99193/western-illinois-university-2016-election-prediction that says Sanders is looking forward to beating Trump. I know I'm looking forward to anybody beating Trump too.
  • Nope , I stay here , cause he do a better job than Obama
  • Too funny, Obama is not a candidate. I guess that someone believes that Trump will make America great, as if America is not great. So, in his mind, Trump will make America something that it is not now. Think about it.
  • The time to move was in the early 80s.
  • MnM,  Why do you say the early '80s?

• It's like a Chinese proverb. The best time to plant an orchard was 20 years ago, the second best time is now.
  • [Deleted User]VIPirate (deleted user)
    Ha! Fun story is that I once considered moving to England but circumstances kept me here. I love you wacky British folks, but how you deal with those petrol prices is beyond me. That and I have no doubt that eventually I'd find myself driving on the wrong side of the road. Though technically right in my country. ;)
  • England is a bit pricey, but you can get by without a car or only use a car for fun. I'm amazed at how many countries have welcomed US citizens if Trump is elected.
  • My thought is that it's almost to late to leave, like do it now or never. I highly doubt we will see an election this round. It looks like the Obama administration of whoever is behind the administration is planning a surprise instead. They have been working very hard to prepare for a country wide martial law enactment. All final additional training on all levels is to be completed by some time early or mid Oct. Including Fully documented training of military units to kill their own civilians. There are now 800 fully staffed and operational concentration camps in the USA the largest with a holding capacity of 2 million persons. The new law has been signed allowing for martial law to be enacted in time of peace also including legal rights for the control of all areas of civilian life.
    To name just a very few of the preparations that have been made.
    I just listened to Obama say this in a crude type of joking manner, quote ' it will be , guards get the doors it's like the Red Wedding' end quote.
    He also talked numerous time publicly about remaining in office. If martial law would be enacted, the election stops!
  • Just when I thought that my vision of the future was dismal enough.
  • As bad as he is, he's about 100 times better than Hillary.
  • Oh. You didn't know it was all the same people?