Best Cuddling Positions

I was just wondering what are usually the best positions to cuddle in, in general and for platonic professional cuddling?

Comments

• As a giant 6'5" man, little spoon is the best cuddle position.

• [Deleted User]CharlesTwisted (deleted user)

@oberon

I agree.

I also enjoy being the mattress, and simply letting my cuddle partner lay full out on my torso, or back.

• My favorite cuddle positions are the tangle, side tangle and mama-bear / papa-bear. It varies with the person your cuddling too, some are passive cuddlers, some more active cuddlers and some like pressure. It varies I try to pick a few and see, changing positions help find new ones that are better fits for the person your cuddling too.

• @happybear "the tangle, side tangle and mama-bear / papa-bear"

Could you describe those?

• For me whatever suits both of us. I donot predecide.

• I have arthritis in my hips and most major joints. I generally need to change positions every #0 minutes or so to be comfortable. This can be a challenge for some cuddle partners.

• @respectful
    couldn't find pictures easily but here goes trying to describing them. I found them in the cuddle sutra or one of the other illustrated book of cuddle positions
    the tangle - same as the honeymoon - where your laying down and your facing one another arms wrapped tightly around one another legs intertwined, cheek to cheek, while my hands massage your back and my fingers run through hair, my favorite position
    the side tangle - my cuddle partner is on their stomach, my hand is under their head, i'm laying sideways legs intertwined and overlapped while they face me and I massage their back, very relaxing
    mamabear-papabear. - its a sitting cuddle position, I would sit on the center edge of the bed, and my cuddle partner will sit behind me and straddle me grab on and massage my arms, neck or back or chest, and we are cheek to cheek or neck on shoulder and I massage legs and feet. its a great starting position.

• @happybear Thanks! The tangle sounds something like my favourite too.

• I love lap of luxury, both giving and receiving. I am not a fan of picnic, but have found that a LOT of my clients love it, so it has become a go to for at least offering to them to try =)

• [Deleted User]Wine66 (deleted user)
    edited July 2019

Being a muscular, fit man, being the big spoon feels very good, platonically, with the women I have cuddled with.

• My favorite cuddle position involves both persons making a t-shape, with one cuddler directly on top of the other, facing away from their partner. I call it “The Crucifixion”.

In actuality, I enjoy clinging to legs.

• [Deleted User]Snuggles22 (deleted user)

I really like to face the person I'm cuddling, usually laying on our sides, with my leg either on top or in between theirs, veryyyy cozy. I usually keep the dead arm tucked under me so that my hand sticks out on the other side for hand holding, makes good use of the awkward arm instead of just laying on it. It's so hard to explain in words, ha.

• Learning a lot of names here. : ) The mattress....haha. I like feeling a woman's weight on top of me. It's just figuring out where her head should rest. Chest is good if she's a lot shorter but I'm only 5-8 so some are too close to my height to use my chest. Is sitting on me considered cuddling? lol

• @Fairbutfirm Can't she just position herself lower to put her head on your chest if she's tall? It depends on the type of sitting. I know I've cuddled sitting on laps and had a cuddle buddy or two who wanted to sit on my lap to cuddle.

• Sure if there is enough room, but if on a sofa well, it's only so long so her feet would be on top of the arm and it might not be comfortable. That's when you have to go to floor cuddling with lots of blankets and a fire in the fireplace! ;D

• edited July 2019

I have no idea. I'll let you know when I find someone to cuddle. When I had a cat, he would sit on my chest and purr and I would stroke his neck - which he loved.

• I had my first cuddling experience today. We briefly tried spooning (alternating positions) but ended up face to face, on our sides with legs tangled and chest to chest. Probably my favourite position tbh.

• hello im keirwin mattew im 30 years divorced with no kids for three years now will like to meet new people if you interested in me i dont play games

• I can tell you do not play the Punctuation Game.

• He's gone. What kind of a name is Keirwin, anyway?

• Irish?

• @ItsKemp I had a message from her. There was a photo attached, it was a her, not a he. Her message to me was totally within bounds, but she had already been banned so I couldn’t reply, nor could I see what was in the profile that probably got her banned. So much for excitement this weekend.

• Another favorite of mine:

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

@hogboblin: Pffft. Suits your username.

I like sitting side by side, myself.

One of my favorite cuddle positions involves a larger sibling on their side on the couch, while I sit on whichever of their hips is upward and a smaller sibling sits right beside me, on the first sibling's legs. It's a great way to watch a movie (but you do have to be ready to let sibling one slide out from under siblings two and three when stuff starts falling asleep).

I also don't at all object to sitting in a cozy chair, or on a couch, with somebody on the floor leaned up against my legs. Or even hugging one of them. The Klingon (Cling-On) is a nice position. Good for reading.

• I once cuddled with someone sitting back to back. It was better than I thought it'd be. The key was that we both had to trust the other to support us, and then it was awesome. Personally, I don't really have a favorite, but that was interesting to try.

I have a picture book with maybe a dozen or so positions, and I take it with me for first cuddle sessions, especially with novices. It's a good conversation starter and gives us both some ideas to decide what we'd both like to try.

• Trust? What were u guys on an I-beam at a high rise construction site? : ))

Just teasing.

• "Best" is subjective. It's like asking for a favorite at Baskin Robbins. No one flavor or cuddle is going to be a winner for everyone, so go with what works for you and your cuddle partner.

• [Deleted User]DocA (deleted user)

Spooning in either direction for me.

• Spooning is the best by far and tangling legs together.

• what about sitting on his laps and Hands on his shoulders.