Non Pros Are Becoming Extinct

Comments

• edited September 2019

The irony here is the reason we have to channel so many non-Pros into the approval process is because we don't want to promote professional cuddling on the main public website. This means many Pros do mistakenly join as enthusiasts and it's usually not their fault. It's an administrative sacrifice in order to keep this website's image true to its purpose.

• edited September 2019

I do not want to identify

This cuddlers story was a little different than Parker’s .

The enthusiast was not immediately approached by the website , but only after a few months , when after the person was active , and getting good reviews , etc , so , the enthusiast thought that the suggestion from the website was kind of like a compliment, that , she , “ had what it takes “
    I don’t see anything wrong with the website making such suggestions like that .

If you got it , you got it .

By accepting new pros immediately, without being enthusiast first,
    I think that the website has in fact been able to spread a little move love around in the world even if someone has to or wants to pay.

• [Deleted User]SoulcuddlerZ (deleted user)

Pity the unproven conspiracy theories.

• [Deleted User]roamer1999 (deleted user)

@SoulcuddlerZ @Mark Sarcastic remarks from the folks who own/run/moderate this site are inappropriate, so please stop. Ban me for saying this if you will.

• edited September 2019

@roamer1999 The conspiracy theories are inappropriate and genuinely make me feel sad. I love what this originating concept is about and hate the idea that we would be trying to encourage female enthusiasts to go Pro.

• Musings...

Pros, I love you all. I'm not anti-pro, and as anyone who has had me as a client knows, I completely understand the work that goes into offering a service. As someone who has worked for himself as a technician, I get it.

But there's nothing wrong with the truth that not everyone can afford the rates typically charged. There was once encouragement that Pros comp an hour if the client pays for the room, but I've only had that happen once. Given that this site is actively promoted (he said in the passive voice) as a means of finding a cuddle buddy, we are well within our rights to openly discuss that aspect without being told why you charge. We already know why. We're not talking about your specific rates as an issue.

As for women cuddling with strangers...huh?! Who said anything about that? The point of an online community is to engage and get to know people. THEN you can decide if there's chemistry for a meet, and potentially at some point a cuddle.

But, when messages as simple as -- "Hello! Nice to see a new member. Just thought I'd send a friendly wave; if you'd like to chat sometime, I'd be happy to hear from you! Best wishes on your search. " -- result in total silence, then there are other factors at play than "guys send creepy messages asking to cuddle right off" or "I get too many messages."

I know, I come off as grumpy here, and I'm actually a really laid back person. I'm just very disappointed that a community which prides itself as being open and accepting and a means to find and/or offer a little comfort is so focused on money. If there were other sites that were any better...but so far I haven't found one that even pretends to encourage peer interaction.

Ah, well. Such is life.

• @Mark thank you for clarifying why you solicit certain people to become pros. As somebody that does non-pros and pros I was a bit alarmed.

• @11rollover

No, being a pro is NOT easy money. We are always putting our safety at risk when we are meeting strangers and new clients. When you factor in how much effort and time goes into screening and booking, many of us don't break even.

"A young lady without a degree can earn this in one cuddling session." This assumption is insulting. Many of us are college-educated with part-time and full-time jobs or careers, in addition to offering cuddling sessions through this site.

Finally, it is irritating when people suggest pros cuddle for free.

• @babestorm -- I think I'm missing the part where this was about pros cuddling for free...?

An enthusiast is not an unpaid pro.

• To all the pros—quit being defensive as it is very unbecoming considering the OP was asking about the vanishing non-pros. I use both because both offer different experiences. Try as pros may time and money make your sessions different and I did not read anywhere where anyone said pros should go away. I value pros, but the circle your wagons and attack any discussion on pros vs non-pros is just as tedious and shines a bad light on pros because of the animosity. The more pros do this the worse the taste in my mouth and it has nothing to do with money.

Yes, we live in a capitalist society, but show a little tact. Saying to get off the ride or pay is beyond snarky. I have a lot of disposable income so money is not the issue here. Being made to feel like a dollar bill is. If this is just a ride and I need to pay up, shut up or get off then sorry, this ride ain’t worth the price of admission. Just my $160 to $200 or more I pay.

• @babestorm was I believe referencing the assertion that someone should have to first cuddle for free to become a pro. I agree with her , it's prob an insult to say that . Also feeds into the complaint that folks start out not charging then switch. Not a good idea

• [Deleted User]MacaronCuddles (deleted user)

@Chocolatetreat You’re welcome Sir.

I can’t imagine that it’s easy money for all pros. For a few there’s success and they’re making some very good money on a monthly basis. I have received messages from some pros introducing themselves and stopping by just to say hi. Then they say to stop by if I ever want to book a session.

• I also wish to upvote: @RTL1970 @MissAdventurous @mokissia @Catloaf @Annichka. I agree with what they said and I highly value the pro cuddler.

@babestorm
    I didn't say nor mean to imply that it is easy money. I meant that it looks attractive up front. I believe in capitalism and the market sets the price, fair and square.

Personally I wouldn't want my daughter to cuddle because there are far too many guys who try to push things.
    I am aware that plenty of pros are very intelligent and well educated (including some I see) but that isn't necessary to cuddle.

What I think they should be is a little educated and a little experienced in cuddling. The bulk of that experience can be with someone they would choose to cuddle with.

What other field calls someone a "pro" when they've never done the thing they are supposed to be a "pro" at, nor been trained in it?

• @11rollover what other field? US President and parenting for starters.

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)

Guessing it was a kind of snowball effect for non pros converting to pros.

As more enthusiasts became pros (for whatever reason - to streamline the process, because they need the money, to cut down on the messages they get from people who don't seem serious etc) the ratio started shifting. As the number of non pros decreased the number of messages from people not interested in pros increased, as all that traffic would be getting focused on a smaller and smaller number of enthusiasts. The shift was happening faster than the site population was growing, so it didn't get compensated for by an influx of new people.

Then as that goes on you get non pros going inactive due to bombardment, going off and settling with a friend or group of friends they found for cuddles or making the switch to being a pro because of the benefits as a way to make up for the negatives - lowering the number even more.

When you consider what it must be like for a non pro woman to join, with how few other non pros are around their first impressions will be that it's primarily a site for pros or that non pros have a bad time ahead of them.

• I understand the risk pros take and i respect capitalism all the way but the feel this site gives off is a cuddle enthusiast feel. How is that possible if 9/10 want to get paid the ratio is to slim and when somebody tries to solicit there service then blocks you once you say your not interested in paying gives off a weird vibe. Also with the increase in scammers its really frustrating i think things would be easier if the format was changed a little bit. The people who run the site do a good job but this is just me venting. Since i been here for a few years just commenting on how things have changed.

• @Chocolatetreat Thank you for restating your point. I understood it the first time but somehow people got it twisted.

• edited September 2019

We are talking about cuddling aren't we? Cuddling that releases the feel good hormone? I didn't think a topic on cuddling could bring out such steam.

I will step in and solve the problem. I offer this solution. I will cuddle with all of you. I'm 6'1, fat, bald, ugly and have most of my teeth. And the best part, I won't charge anyone.

Also, If @Mark sends me a request to become a pro, I promise I will not accept it, and I will report Mark to @SoulcuddlerZ requesting he be banned from his own sight.

BOOM --- all issues resolved. Let's get back to cuddling.

Picks up the mic that @MissAdventurous dropped and drops it myself.

• @CaliCuddlingGuy After reading this thread and the venom some pros had, I think they need a hug. Unfortunately they would charge you to make them feel better.

edited September 2019

@Catloaf Agreed that it should be made harder for enthusiasts to become pro. I think a good idea would be to require enthusiasts to do a couple of free cuddles with other enthusiasts before they can get the pro badge. Cuddle Comfort would keep a record of the karma as proof. This would separate the ones that actually believe in "health and benefits of cuddling" from the ones that just want a paycheck.

• edited September 2019

@FunCartel I think part of that is cus a lot of the pros who have been on here a while likely feel they are scrutinized and have to defend their decision to do this. I do notice a rash of bitterness that comes from some men on this site who use pro services but complain every chance they get about it , or folks who don't use pro services and resent pros for being on here , and seem to think them being here is the reason they can't find a cuddle pal. So I don't really see it as being venomous. To me it seems more like frustration on their side . I would prob be frustrated too if I were in their shoes .

• @pmvines Oh I get that, but that was not even the OP’s topic. Why get bent about an observation he had especially when so many others have noticed the same thing? With that being said, I have an appointment with a pro in a few days so I still value them, BUT choosing your battles wisely is good PR. Smart corporations do not tell their customers screw you if you do not like it even if it is what they think. Speaking in anger often exposes the ugly reality behind the mask.

In short, yes I know I am getting screwed but it goes down easier if you tell me it’s just a wedgie.

• @FunCartel Thank you always for the more or less level headed comments and the sarcastic follow ups to keep people guessing. You always make the site forums fun, even if I don't agree with you.

@babestorm I was on board and supporting the pros (more or less) until you chimed in... Barely break even? How much is YOUR time worth? How long does it take to book and screed a prospective cuddle? You're charging $90/hour. Assuming your time goes into ONE client that you only cuddle for one hour one time - how much time and energy did you spend to earn that $90 (less CC fees)?? I'm guessing less than 30 minutes15 minutes? And what about your repeat clients and those that start with 2 or more hours?

If you "don't break even" why would you do it? Seriously? I've talked privately to dozen of pros here about the business end of things and a number of them do not work, do not have degrees and this is their ONLY job... they are obviously doing better than "breaking even" for their time vetting and booking clients.

Pro tip in vetting: pay the $30 a month for a background service with unlimited searches and require your clients to provide a valid phone number and name (DL picture is common for some pros) and POOF! Your vetting procedure just went to about 2 minutes of entering data, going to get a cup of coffee and coming back to a screen of all the info on the web for that person, which you can then scan to the important sections in another 30 seconds and review for 2.5 mins... BAM 5 min vetting process!

I have paid pros for cuddling, and have met with about a dozen non-pros from the site, most of which I cuddled with multiple times (read as 3-4 and as high as 10+ and ongoing). This site does work and those pros that always jump on the defensive - you might want to reconsider, because if their is any attitude in your tone and words you might have just lost handfuls of clients to make a point that didn't need to be made.

• edited September 2019

@11rollover Thank you for your clarification.

@FunCartel "@11rollover what other field? US President and parenting for starters." LOL well done!

• @FunCartel "@CaliCuddlingGuy After reading this thread and the venom some pros had, I think they need a hug. Unfortunately they would charge you to make them feel better." Ew, how rude. All of us obviously have people in our lives that can give us hugs and people we cuddle with. Happy for you that you do not have to experience constant sexual harassment from people on this site; maybe if you did you would understand why us pros can get so frustrated when our work is not taken seriously or is constantly looked down upon.

• @CaliCuddlingGuy LOL you are hilarious, thank you for that!

• edited September 2019

@TouchIsTLC

Yikes!

I am going to encourage others and the mods to step in on this one. Nothing I have written on this topic has been inflammatory to deserve such a response.

Our site moderators and other pros know intimately how much goes on behind the scenes. You are completely and totally not as knowledgeable as you think you are on this subject. @SoulcuddlerZ @reurbo @Mark

This discussion has been locked.