Does anyone really meet to cuddle?

edited April 2016 in General
does anyone really meet to cuddle? Im in chicago but ever girl has zero cuddles under there belt......

Comments

• There are differances in why people join. this site. Evryone likes the idea of it and everyone understands the human need for touch. Yet many don't put the site into use. 
    I have had some nice conversations here and have learned a lot about touch itself.
    Human relations now are very strained and there is a lot of fear and uncomfortableness.
    It will take a long time for people to trust being touched by others. 
    There is a lot of suspicion between the sexes and a lot of feelings of abuse that will take a hundred years to alter.
    Folks here are cautiously and cringfully peeking thru the cracks. That's just the way it is but finding that out is a good first step.
  • I do understand that view but why sign up on a site that is as focused on one thing as this...... its just odd,
  • It is the outgrowth of a new awareness regarding our wellbeing and the need for touch. Women can't turn to men for touch as dating/mating thing gets in the way.
    At least  Guys are warned in advance in the womans profile but guys feel safe enough to push the boundaries, or, at least that is what some women believe will happen. 
    There are potential problems with letting a man get THAT close.
    It may be odd but logical to many.
    This is my generalization but your milage may vary.
  • I was almost able to find someone to cuddle with. Only thing is that they liked to smoke and I totally detest smoking. We almost met up...sigh! One day...
  • I don't know  How many meet to cuddle?  I'm guessing most don't even meet, or exchange messages. Why focus on cuddling? It's funner than listening to the political debates. How many sites seem to be devoted to that?
  • I've met people from this site. I get the feeling there are not a lot of women in my area bothering to  respond or meet people. It is funner to talk about cuddling than listen to the political debates. :) That being said, Trump is pretty interesting to listen to. I just find it hard to take him very seriously as a candidate when he starts making comments about various races and women.
  • Is there a way to make this whole experience or poss of experience, feel safer for women?
    It is a very vulnerable position to put yourself in.

I thought of the poss of a dedicated discussion site/ subject. Something like Protect our Women. With a group of people listed who are willing to defend women, who would be willing to show up 3rd party at a public first meeting and meet both parties and insure everyone feels safe. Maybe even facilitating goals/ desires /boundary, dicussion with the two potential cuddlers.

Any one have thoughts? If we put our heads together there may be a way to make this the best place out there.
  • That's a thought, a reliable, trustworthy, experienced third party facilitator.. Anybody up to the role?
  • I nominate Doc and Grace_anna. Are u ready to start flying all over the globe?
    Joking aside, those who don't take caution will be the first casualties lof 'cuddling gone wrong'.  Not every good person is cautious. Not everyone has common sense.
    Grace_Anna, Trump is an interesting novelty figure. Yet the fact that he has a huge following now shows that women are still fair game in his culture.
    The way to make cuddling safer for women is to simply restructure society.
  • I was envisioning as single person facilitator, but a couple being faciliators would be even better so that there would be a better balance of gender issues. I like that.
  • I'm curious, Crispin, why would you pick Grace_Anna and I as facilitators, if there was any seriousness behind your suggestions. What would make a good facilitator? I would think that DersEvvak would be a better choice since he has actually done this Plus, he lives closer to Grace_Anna and they could cover the northern Midwest of the country. .
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    Honestly I don't think many people are actually meeting on here. I suspect that most people sign-up as a way of saying "me too!" to the idea that friends should platonicly cuddle, but they have no interest in cuddling strangers.
  • No, I think  members of this site are initially joining to cuddle with strangers and not just with their present network.
    They would like to choose among hundreds of local people and hope to meet some new friends in the process.
    The prospect of following through is frightening to most women.
    Eventually this will be more successful so what have we to lose?
    Ifound 2 women who l will eventually cuddle but they are 200 miles f r om me.
  • I've yet to really talk to or meet anyone on here but I'm still quite new and I do plan to meet to cuddle at some point, to be honest when I joined I had hoped there would be more people in my local area so meeting to cuddle would be easy but as it happens that's not the case. The only people at moment that have really grabbed my attention live quite far away so I guess the idea of travelling really far to meet a stranger is something I'm currently a little unsure about. Plus one or two who are quite a bit older than me, age gaps don't bother me myself but I guess it's a question of if they bother them, right?
  • edited April 2016
    Since last year, I have met a few and talked to numerous members with the hope of finding the right cuddle buddy.
  • Except the people that I would like to cuddle with are hundreds of miles away. They have become dear friends as we continue to maintain our online friendship with the hope that we will meet in person someday.
  • I just joined, and I hope to cuddle someone from this site one day! A common issue seems to be distance though. I live in a small town, and most of my 'potentials' seem to be inactive and/or at least an hour's drive away. 
  • [Deleted User]calicuddlebabe (deleted user)
    I just joined last week and I have met with 3 people already. However I do live in LA which is a much larger city than some. All great experiences, however there seems to be a misconception that when I clarify that I am not looking for sex, I don't really mean it. Gentlemen, when a girl tells you she isn't looking for something sexual, she means it. 
  • Gentlemen, when a girl tells you she isn't looking for something sexual, she means it.

Lol, are you really addressing this to the Gentlemen in the audience? Obviously there are areas where people are connecting through this site! Have you considered posting reviews?
  • Although I became aware of professional cuddlers through this site (and had good experiences with them), I haven't met anyone through it.  All the contacts I have had so far have turned out to be romance scammers.  I don't blame the site.  I think platonic cuddling is actually such a radical idea in our culture that most people don't believe it.  And those who do are very few and far between.  And me being over 50 adds to the difficulty because your age is held against you: "You're a fifty year old man!  How could you _______________________!?  That's disgusting."  That was not here, though.  So I keep vising but it is hard to be optimistic sometimes.