Half an hour

2»

Comments

• So you are going to punish the bulk of the males here who are actually good guys?

Uh, what? How am I (or anybody else for that matter) punishing anyone? The majority of people who've booked sessions with me, both here and on my own website, book on average 1-3 hours to start, and I actually don't even have a minimum time frame as a requirement. Like I said, I will work with someone who needs a shorter time frame if I can verify that they are serious about the service and really understand it. I am wary however if someone is asking for half-hour sessions, and is displaying other red flags along with that... because of past experiences.

I'm just going to bow out of this conversation because it's making my head hurt having to repeat over and over why pros take more caution when someone asks for a shorter session. You seem to translate these explanations into man-hating, money-grabbing, and other pretenses that simply aren't there.

• Would I go from $70/hour to $10/hour? Probably not, but I would have a chat with him, meet up for coffee and discuss what works best for both. Just because I have that agreeable offer on my profile, doesn’t mean I’ll cut my price down to almost free. The fact that I’m willing to go less than my normal price is fair but if you think I’m unfair or greedy for not doing $10/hour, by all means.

• @catlouf I meant the women here who don't offer 30 minute sessions are punishing the good guys who actually want a quick cuddle.

You said it's not all about the money for the pros and you are 100 PERCENT wrong. If it wasn't about the money a pro would be an enthusiast.

• @catloaf I think we’re done here.

• edited December 2019

If it wasn't about the money a pro would be an enthusiast.

There you go generalising again. I haven't had a client here in six months, and that isn't because I'm on hiatus, it's because my city is dead and most of the people here are looking for other enthusiasts, not a pro. Going by your logic, I should have left the site a very long time ago. :)

@Sheena123 Indeed...

• @catlouf I'm so confused. So why are you a pro instead of an enthusiast?

There is nothing wrong with charging money, but please don't say it has nothing to do with money when you CHOOSE to be a pro.

• @sheena123

"Would I go from $70/hour to $10/hour? Probably not"

It's very interesting that you say that because you say in your profile that you don't discriminate against anybody. You clearly are discriminating against people who don't make a lot of money.

I don't know if you actually work for a living, but for a lot of people $10, $20, or whatever is a lot of money. I was just having this conversation with my aunt the other day talking about money and she said some people just don't understand how hard it is for people out there.

If somebody offered an $1 an hour I would take it. Why? Because I love cuddling.

• edited December 2019

So why are you a pro instead of an enthusiast?

I was a Craigslist cuddle enthusiast before I was a pro, FYI. And I'm still an enthusiast, both at home with my husband and also with any of the clients I've been lucky enough to have develop into awesome friendships. Nice try though.

The Catloaf gracefully pounces away from this thread. 😇

• @catloaf You didn't answer the question. Why did you transition for a enthusiast to a pro? You're saying it had nothing to do about money?

• edited December 2019

I'll send you a PM, since I don't feel like further de-railing an otherwise useful and productive thread into a debate/argument. Watch for it. Promise I'm a nice gal, I just tend to get a bit zesty at times when it comes to standing up for things.

Edit: Oops, seems the system doesn't want to let me message you, so I will definitely be open to discussing this with you if you open up a message with me. I've actually got the answer to this on my FAQ, but I can always go into more detail.

Basically, this is way more to me than laying next to somebody and getting paid for it. It's activism, it's passion, it's even partially psychology. I'm passionate about the lessons platonic cuddling can teach, because I myself have had an unhealthy perception of touch and I understand how that can affect quality of life. I've worked with clients who are trying to learn how to receive touch again following sexual abuse. I've worked with two recovering sex addicts who wanted to learn how to separate touch from sex. Largely, that's what the work means to me. It is work to me. I already have a day job that pays my bills, but I don't have the time nor resources to do this at the magnitude I want to, for free. This is absolutely not about money for me, nor for a lot of the other women who actively post on the forums, blog about their experiences, and attempt to educate society about a new way to regard human interaction. Hopefully that makes sense?

• @baseball87 you have changed the discussion from a half hour to attacking pros for charging. Yes, you are confused.

• @funcartel I never attacked anybody. There is nothing wrong with pros charging money. All I said was of course it's about the money if you choose to being a pro vs. being an enthusiast.

• @baseball87 Then why are you asking Catloaf why she became a pro? Are you going to ask every pro because they all have their own story why. I know one common factor is that so many guys violate the TOS and cross lines that many become pro because it takes so much time to screen out the boundary pushers and those that do not respect boundaries even after being told. The thread is about half hour Cuddles not demanding pros explain themselves for going pro.

• @FunCartel I asked her because she said being a pro isn't about making money. I think most pros on here will admit that they cuddle because of the money. Again, nothing wrong with that at all.

• @baseball87 you need to dive into old threads to find you would be wrong. Your assertions are not new or accurate. No your assertions have a ring of bitterness to them because you cannot afford some of the pros. You will find that if you meet many of them halfway in a friendly manner this is not true either.

• @FunCartel What am I wrong about? Where did I state I can't afford $75? Now you're just being ignorant.

• @baseball87 Now you are just trolling.

• @FunCartel Where have I trolled? You're the only person who is being ignorant and think I can't afford $75.

• I can see why someone who is apprehensive about seeing a pro or even someone who is short on time or money would want a 30 min cuddle session. Do I think it's something more pros should be open to offering ? Yes ... It could potentially open up the possibility for more clientele especially in a market where they're struggling to find some. With all that being said they are under no obligation to offer 30 min sessions whether it be for safety purposes , financial purposes or otherwise. As independent contractors like it or not they set their schedules , rates , and so on. Now on a personal level 30min sessions don't work for me. The way I figure it by the time I go through the effort of finding a cuddler that matches my schedule has reasonable rates and can offer the session Im looking for through our communication and if you factor in travel time if they're the host 30 mins isn't worth it to me. I reach out to every pro figuring Im going to want at least an hour ( assuming reasonable rates ) but I usually book for 1.5 hours even for the 1st time seeing someone. I use factors like travel time , the few minutes of get to know you & other exchange of pleasantries when I arrive for my appointment and the possibility that either me or the pro will need to change into cuddling gear. If I host I take all that into consideration plus the obligatory 5mins of fawning over my cats 😒. If any of that were to cut into my session time potentially 50mins or 80mins sounds a lot better than 20. But thats just me. Sorry about being long winded.

• Thirty minutes is not enough. It takes me that long to pee after a long flight. So according to the pee spectrum a Cuddle should be longer.

• This is a long thread, so I didn't read every response, but I typically don't offer 30 minute sessions because it takes more than that just to get ready for the session. Not really worth the time :-/ I sometimes have time in my travels for meeting up with a person casually, not a session (so much less prep for me), just to meet, but with the intention of having a session another time. I rarely even do 90 minute sessions. Most of my clients are 2-3 hours or an overnight. :-/

• @ubergigglefritz I can see that. It would be like going backward as a pro. As an enthusiast, especially meeting someone new, thirty minutes is the point where nervousness and anxiety begin to fade. I normally want two hours at least.

• If I were in one place, I could see offering weekly 30 minute sessions or something. I could see how that could be potentially more beneficial to someone than once a month or every two weeks. But traveling full-time, I see most of my clients every 1-2 months. At that interval, you really might as well spring for a full session =)