Does your cuddler's appearance matter to you?

Hey guys,

I'm new to CC and to cuddling in general, so I could be wrong, but so far I seem to have noticed that quite a few people have specific preferences as to the age range and the physical looks of the person that they potentially want to be cuddling with. I'm not judging by any means. I'm only seeking to understand. For those of you who have a body type in mind before you meet to cuddle, is there any reason why? Would you consider giving others a try, if, say, they had positive reviews or seemed trustworthy on some other merit?

Just a general wondering. As I say, I'm new here and I'm mainly trying to get a feel for the etiquette.

Would be happy to hear any of your responses, and hope everyone's having a great day.

Comments

• I think that you have a valid question. I don't remember how I answered that question, but I didn't mean to indicate that I have a strong preference. I like cats too, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't cuddle with someone who has a dog.
  • That's cool. Thanks for commenting, @docgatorb.
  • The main reason I would politely steer clear of anyone is because they reminded me of someone who treated me badly in the past, such as having the same demeanor, mannerisms, facial appearance, etc.  I firmly listen to my gut instincts about people because they have saved me from some scary situations in the past- you can tell just by looking at a person and gauging their aura if you'd feel safe with them touching you.  
  • I'm not as convinced that you can truly tell that much from a picture, but I feel more comfortable approaching someone with a picture than someone who doesn't post one. It's a gut feeling too and I keep feeling that someone who can't post a picture is hiding something. It's the same reason that I want to see someone before I answer the door or why I want caller ID before I answer the phone. I know there are a lot of reasons that have been expressed on this site as to why someone doesn't want to post their picture. Most of it is baggage from previous interactions. Although I feel a little caution is advisable (meet first in a public place, etc.), I'm looking for people who can free themselves from the effects of previous experiences. If you can't drop the baggage, then you doomed to repeat your experiences.
  • I'm not going to judge what others do or what I think is their intent.  I'm willing to provide a photo after we've talked if asked but I'd like to be given the chance to get to know them first. Age, race, build don't matter to me.  I would want the person to be clean, showered, hygienic with comfort in mind with clothing.  When I look around I see humans and want to connect on a fundamental level.  I want to have a conversation, quiet, be helpful by listening..really connect on what the mood dictates.  I prefer depth!  I just think if I make it about the physical then I will be focusing on the wrong aspect of connection.  
  • Hey, I'm quite new here too. Personally, appearance and age doesn't bother me so much, I might feel a bit weird cuddling someone who's like twice my age or something but I might possibly give it a try if someone who seems nice asked. Ultimately as long as they seem nice I just care about distance, there's no one in my local area so travelling to meet someone is kinda my only option but at same time I wouldn't want to spend like 3 hours travelling each way just to meet someone I'd never met before, London is my absolute limit and even then that's still quite far for me.
  • [Deleted User]BunnyBear (deleted user)
    As a professional, I dont have a preference but sometimes you do have to deny someone based upon how they come across via chat? Like if I don't feel the person is safe or has alternative motives for cuddling I'll deny them service politely.

As for stuff like cats, etc I mention in my profile that I have one just in case people are allergic etc. But I have no preferences :) Though I do prefer it when they have pictures because it makes me feel safer knowing there's a face rather than a random person showing up at my house.
  • So far I am more likely to message people who have both a picture and a descriptive blurb in their profiles. My feel for whether I would actually meet anyone is based more on the blurb than the picture, and on our subsequent chats. Perhaps I interpret posting a pic as taking a risk and being willing for transparency. 

I admit to still holding on to some of society's definitions of attractiveness, even though I think it's absolute rot that the image of good health is culturally defined by a mere handful of body shapes. Most of what I haven't let go of has to do first with my personal battle with self-acceptance. This is something I continually work on. I anticipate that body shape in cuddle partners will matter less the more comfortable I become with myself. 

I might use a picture to get a feel for whether a potential cuddle buddy cares about personal hygiene and basic neatness of appearance. 

Guys posting photos of themselves without shirts in front of a mirror might be nice to look at but are pretty quickly disqualified - I'm doubtful they're looking for the same kind of cuddle I am. 

Just some thoughts!

amateur newbie cuddler, one cuddle date so far (not a result of this site)
  • I completely identify with this perspective.
  • [Deleted User]danOnCloud (deleted user)
    It's important to me in a cuddling partner.