Vaping

edited November 2019 in General

Is vaping considered smoking? Should vaping be added to the Smoking dropdown?

Comments

• It falls under the same umbrella. Because, you know, the actions are exactly the same.

The biggest difference is that vapists are at least five times more annoying than smokers.

• @hogboblin hahaha. I have heard of someone displaying "No" to the "Smoking" dropdown in their profile, then vaping. That's why I ask. Seems like the smoking dropdown choices could be added to in order to close up that loophole.

• @littermate

That doesn’t surprise me. Some people are just way past cool.

Maybe an additional option for people to select on their profiles would be a good idea. However, if a person is dead set on being disingenuous over a small matter (that entails being considerate to others who are near), then they’d likely not pay attention to any such options.

Also: vapists are neat and special. Don’t forget that, bro. They gotta make those major clouds.

• edited November 2019

@hogboblin

Snort. Good point. But then one would have recourse to say (let's say to a pro), you represented yourself falsely. As it is now, Smoking? No.

Also: you are hilarious.

• edited November 2019
    "I'm a Master Vaper."
  • @DonLonG

I never would have guessed that Gandalf was, at one point, a giant douchebro.

• @DonLonG how do i embed a .gif here? Do I have to save it or can I embed with a link somehow?

• Also as it continues to become legal in more states ( or at least decriminalized ) marijuana will eventually lead to this same discussion.

• [Deleted User]SoftPetals (deleted user)

@hogboblin I agree super annoying lol. And yes @littermate what he said :D

• [Deleted User]SoftPetals (deleted user)

@DonLonG That looks more like a full vaper alchemist lol

• Vaping helped me to get rid of cigarettes, as I am an avid poker player, I used to play and smoke cigarettes, Fedor Holz said in his interview on fedor-holz.com/private-life/ . But with vape it became much easier for me than I imagined.

• Thanks for that perspective @abrahaam. If you were actively vaping, what would you choose in the Smoking dropdown?

• edited November 2019

There should be five options:

Non smoker
    Smoker
    Vaper
    More than one of the above

I accept two of the five for cuddling and one of them is non smoker.

• @FunCartel Excellent. Agreed.

• I don't like vaping for myself. But, vaping doesn't stink you up like smoking (cigarettes or standard 420). So I wouldn't mind if a cuddler vaped before a cuddle but I sure wouldn't want them to smoke anything before a cuddle.

• I agree with @11rollover, smoking stinks and vaping doesn't.

• I vape. I don’t reek of cigarette smoke. In my mind, that’s a huge difference. Should there be a “vape” selection? Yes. Unfortunately, that also still tends to give that “douche” vibe.

• Vape devices look like fancy perfume bottles to me

• Yeah, vaping is still considered smoking in my book. The big difference is that cigarettes and that good ol' Devil's Oregano won't make your room and clothes reek. I agree with @FunCartel that there should be several options for smoking/non-smoking.

• @CuddlyAce @FunCartel I submitted it for a website change and Mark acknowledged, so I think it's in the works. :)

• edited November 2019

What about chewin tebacci and dippin snuff? For us southern folk?

• Uh oh @Mark another entry for the Smoking dropdown. :)

• What if our flatulence has a distinct burnt popcorn smell. Not as bad a vaping but would clear a room faster than lighting up a cigar. Should that be an option, or should I see a doctor? Asking for a another member who messaged me.

• What if our flatulence has a distinct burnt popcorn smell

@DonLonG patent it and get in touch with the product development team at Yankee Candle.

Their range already includes 'Grilled peaches and vanilla' and 'Frosty gingerbread'. Burnt popcorn will fit right in.

• @travelinmanme Is it possible that you can’t smell how you smell? I used to smoke, and I thought I hid that shit well, but I was mistaken.

• I'd support adding the "vape" option. Some people don't mind smoking / non-smoking, but many do, and I think there are enough people who think it is different. Else why not say nicotine patches = smoking ?
    Geoff