Does cuddling build friendship or strickly business?

[Deleted User]Stillworkin247 (deleted user)

What’s your thoughts.

Comments

• When a person's feelings become more important than the activity, a friendship can ensue, as long as both people are sharing the experience. That can happen anywhere at any time.

When the cuddle is the most important thing, then no.

• There is no steadfast and true answer to this beyond it depends on the people involved. I have become friends with a couple of people from cuddling as we have cuddled more than once and talked during and after the cuddles. It just depends. I had one that wanted more than what I was prepared to give so that fizzled.

• I'll bet this varies widely, not only for each of us, but then for each of the folks we snuggle.

Personally, If I were closer to my first and only (so far) cuddle partner, I'd likely be cuddling with him weekly (if he'd have me) and feeling open to being part of each other's lives in some way, just because of the person he is.

I'd most like to cuddle with people who I'd find nice to be friends with, because the same things that are yummy in a friend for me are yummy in a snuggler. Not sure the scope of each of those friendships as it would depend on so many factors, and I'm quite a busy person with a full life already, but I like to bond and love and can't imagine too many peeps I'd want to snuggle with on a consistent basis that wouldn't become SOME kind of friend. I'm not shopping for friends, I'm goal-oriented in my seeking snuggling, but can't help but bond and be interested in them if they are compatible with me.

• And damn, that oxytocin thing is real - after snuggling, I'm bonded. What I do with that bond may vary.

• @Stillworkin247 If you're referring to friendship with professionals, here's an older thread with some thoughts about that:

Friendship with clients

• [Deleted User]Stillworkin247 (deleted user)

Maybe I should have been more direct. Do you think it’s become more of a business instead of relaxation and therapy?

• Seems like for some, @Stillworkin247 . For me it's very much about human connection.

• I have became friends with a few of my clients. We have things in common and talk here and there. It’s nice to meet new people and if you have a friendship, it makes Being comfortable easier.

• [Deleted User]brotothenight17 (deleted user)

@littermate I'd snuggle you all day every day. As a matter of fact... where are you now darn it?

• [Deleted User]creedhands (deleted user)

I am amazed the number of new pros just in the time since I joined a year ago. When I approach these pros to ask about training and credentials, most don't have any. I a think a lot of pros are women who want to cuddle and see the man-woman ratio in their favor that they can make a few bucks while getting their cuddling needs met**. So, to answer your question, I think it has become more business minded rather than relaxation.

** I have not attempted to contact pro men, so this statement is obviously biased according to my experiences. I also have had great experiences with pro's who have been professional, relaxing, and very relational/ friendly. So I am definitely NOT saying that all pro's are just out to make a fast buck at the expense of the male community here.

• @brotothenight17 Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Where are you? <3 <3 <3

• I have become friends with a lot of my clients. The downside to that is that they don’t want to pay to cuddle with me as their friend and while I would love to cuddle for free in most cases my husband would never be okay with it.

• Not in response to anyone of you, just my own self judgement. If you are jaded (shitty thoughts), move along, these aren’t the droids you’re looking for.

I feel like climate change and time’s inescapable impacts cause me to right my ship, lift off the box that’s bound me, and rekindle the love I have for all so that my next twenty years are not as void of touch as my last. This new found agency to champion my needs is refreshing. Apologies if this is TMI. You all have given me permission that I could not have given myself sans clan.

• Not too much for me @Crataegus. Yay for more touch in the next 20 years!

It appears many of us are occasionally too much for some of us, but we seem to be lurching along despite it.

• [Deleted User]RTL1970 (deleted user)

I think men need to keep in mind when cuddling pros that it’s a “friendship” only during the time that is paid for. I read some ridiculous posts in this section from confused men who seem a bit too attached to a preferred pro and maybe are under the impression that this is a dating site. But, there are also some women here who aren’t shy about encouraging that, though. You know why.

• My experience it’s just been business but friendly business.

• [Deleted User]brotothenight17 (deleted user)

@littermate I was here waiting for you...

• Today marking my one year of cuddling on this site, I can easily say I have made many friendships from the site and through our experiences together.

Kind-of an anomaly of a Pro, I tend to be extremely communicative and like to stay up to date with clients. Being bit of a pen pal type and working from home for a law office, I get plenty of screen time. :)

However, I have always been in TUNE to others and I do not believe how I personally feel after a cuddle session is false, or a transaction - we are not machines, none of us. I feel the trust, the kinship of holding you near and listening to you breathe, to take yourself back from the edge of stress and things uncontrollable to delve into something we all need - balance.

It is natural to develop friendships, as long as you communicate healthy boundaries and make sure to respect the other persons time and energy. Some can and want to, some will not. and that's OKAY.

To me, my last thoughts about this....It's knowing you got that peace of mind. It's the rewarding opportunity for growth and those new understandings that happen between us. It's so many things, but genuine and meaningful. I too, do not like to feel cheapened out of a genuine connection but I understand if my client would/wouldn't want that in return. I respect their boundaries, and through that action -- is a true friend.

Off to make banana bread. Thanks for listening all.

• edited November 2019

Happy cuddaversary (if someone has a better word for that, let me know) @MissAdventurous <3 <3 Your comment makes me happy and

It is natural to develop friendships, as long as you communicate healthy boundaries and make sure to respect the other persons time and energy. Some can and want to, some will not. and that's OKAY.

^ This, this, this.

Maybe my opinion will be unpopular, but sometimes I read a hint of entitlement when people ask this question. Implying that the pro cuddling industry is taking more of a "business" turn wouldn't be a wrong observation to make, but it has nothing to do with wanting to be someone's friend outside a session.

Two days ago I celebrated my third year as an indie. Over these three years, I have personally connected with two male clients who are now dear friends. We play video games together, we occasionally go out for a coffee, we might send each other memes, what have you. I have cuddled for free on occasion with them. And these friendships conjured not because of our cuddle connection, but mainly because these two shared my personal interests, were kind and caring, and they were folks who understood that just because we're friends doesn't mean I want to cuddle all of the time, nor does it mean I get to overlook my boundaries for you.

As a professional, I am just that - a professional. I can be friendly, accepting, kind and genuine with you, but no, it does not make us friends. We are professional and client, until otherwise is broached and communicated. The distinction to me is pretty clear. Also, just because a professional does not make personal friends out of any of their clients, it doesn't mean they're only in this to make a buck. I only have so much emotional energy to give out, and if I honoured every single request I got to start a friendship, go on outings, etc., I would have to drop a lot of other stuff to tend to that. For me, the boundaries between professional and client need to be clear otherwise I can get burnt out very easily. It's no different than being a barista and having multiple customers who want your number, want a friendship etc. The barista might eventually dread coming to work if something like that is pressed too often.

If you think a pro would make a good friend, communication and respect of their boundaries and time is so important.

• I usually click with every single client over something mutual. An opinion, music, movies or our love for cats. Lol. I had one client where we cuddled into a hotel bed For four hours just watching cat videos and a YouTuber named Markiplier playing scary games. That was a good time! It’s exactly how others have already stated. It’s business but it doesn’t mean you can’t make a connection and bond with them. I also agree that boundaries and respect of our time is crazy important. If you feel you have to send a message saying “ it’s been over a day. Why haven’t you talked with me?”, maybe you’re uncertainty of the pro should have you checking with yourself in respecting their time or find someone else. The best way to handle that kind of situation is to simply send a message being honest about your invulnerability. “I’m sorry for messaging again. I’m just feeling lonely and seeing your message to me would make me feel a bit better. Anytime you’re free to talk, just message me”. That’s just an example of respecting a pros’ boundaries while still being able to carry on an honest friendship. I hope that made sense 😐

• edited November 2019

No, becoming friends would interfere with my marriage. I don’t want to mix business. Some people tend to catch feelings easily. That’s what being a professional consist of. When feelings are involved, things tend to go down hill from there. Don’t get me wrong, it’s nice to enjoy a cuddle session with others and move forward.

• cuddling make handicapped , emotionally handicapped or in polite words emotionally weak or depended.
    if a person feel emotional dependecy with a person ,they must be stay together , otherwise it will make more problem .

• It’s strictly business for me, however i do see cuddling clients as potential acquaintances and people I could work with in other entrepreneurial ventures if the opportunity arose. I don’t like to mix business with pleasure, and I don’t form attachments or emotional connections with people easily .. so .. I guess my main purpose in the cuddling experiences is to provide a safe, peaceful, rejuvenating and compassionate cuddling therapy with the goal to sooth and nurture.

• Without specifying if you're talking about professional cuddling or not its really impossible to answer this

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

@melancholy: 👍🏻

• If you're looking to meet someone for the purpose of more than cuddling, you shouldn't be here! If something more (mutually agreed upon) forms over time, then okay, but that shouldn't be the expectation. I've had now 3 cuddle buddies want to make it something more and that's frustrating because that's not what I want. That's not what this site is for, and I feel any mature person should be able to honor that.

• With nonpros you can build a connection pros are here strictly for business

• [Deleted User]Stillworkin247 (deleted user)

I’ve seen a lot of response and some that seem to be defensive on the cuddling activity. To be very clear just because you’re cuddling or in search of a cuddle partner and asking if it’s a business doesn’t mean that someone is looking for a relationship. Spending quality time with someone and paying for that time should not warrant the person to be strictly business especially with such an intimate and emotional contact.

• edited November 2019

I had developed close bonds/emotional attachments with a number of ones with whom I have cuddled. But I wouldn't really call it friendship, because in most cases we didn't even come to know each other on a personal level, and may never see each other again. But the fond memories stay in my mind like beautiful sceneries that come to mind on occasion and even bring tears to my eyes. And yes, these were paid professional cuddlers. So, at the end of the day, maybe it is just business...

@Chocolatetreat +1