Are their any male professionals on here?

edited January 2017 in General
Out of curiosity,, a search within a 300 mile radius of me only found female professionals. I realize that it might be a supply and demand thing, but could it also reflect whether or not this is seen as a money making opportunity? Yes, it's one way to fill a need, Where does it end? Will people be charging money to say hello when passing others?

Comments

• edited April 2016
    We chose not to accept male professionals based on the fact demand is almost entirely for women and therefore it wouldn't be a good use of our time to monitor those accounts. However, coincidently we have just started giving this another look.
  • That would definitely explain the lack of male professionals. Aren't you concerned that this might be non-equal opportunity hiring practice?
  • edited April 2016
    We don't actually hire employees - we just choose who we allow to use this website for their own business purposes. Monitoring those accounts involves resources so I believe it's reasonable to only work with independent contractors if it's mutually beneficial and doesn't waste our limited resources.
  • [Deleted User]fitrower (deleted user)

CC members: Even though I have unmet needs to be touched (say once every 7 years) by another man...I would consider it degrading and demeaning to pay for that service. To me, as a serious catholic man, it is sort of like paying for a male prostitute. I know that most CC members don't feel the same way...but I would just prefer to go without touch than to debase my old age by paying a younger man for something that is so easy to do. Hopefully, I shall maintain a shred of dignity and not allow myself to waste money like that. Thanks for your attention. -Rob

• i believe that the tab at the bottom of the screen says "hiring" and I believe there is a contract, so you are hiring independent contractors. Although that suggests that you don't have an employer-employee relationship, you do have hiring practices. Just saying that  I wouldn't discriminate on the bases of gender. On the other hand, if no males apply since that would probably be a waste of their time (or maybe not), that's just the way it pans out.
  • edited April 2016
    I guess you could say choosing which businesses to have work on the platform is a hiring process of sorts. The link was named that way as I think it stands out to the right people even if some might initially think it refers to employment.
  • Interesting, it was just food for thought. Even just marketing to a specific target, such as teenage girls, can draw fire. You don't indicate any gender preference so I would presume that anyone could express interest, if they are so inclined. It seems to have attracted interest as the number of new comers indicating that they are professional seems to be on the rise. Let me know if you need help managing the back office.
  • So is craigslist hiring every service that is offering itself?
  • I don't know the answers to these questions, but I have found a useful personal guideline. I ask myself, "is this something Donald Trump would do?" If the answer is yes, then it's too slimy for me.
  • @docgatorb hahaha! Perfect!
  • im a PRO
  • Of course, i meant 'professional' as in 'I'm listed on this site as a professional  and have a picture on my profile,'  Not as in 'Warning. don't try these moves at home, this man is a professional.' LOL, whatever floats your boat.
  • "I don't know the answers to these questions, but I have found a useful
    personal guideline. I ask myself, "is this something Donald Trump would
    do?" If the answer is yes, then it's too slimy for me."

Good one! :)
  • [Deleted User]SnuggleSymmetry (deleted user)
    edited July 2016
    There are none because it is women who are the most desired by both sexes. They are the one's who receive a ton of messages, even average looking one's. Guys in the other hand have to ask and ask only to get ignored most of the time. Straight women are most likely to cuddle with other women. You see them with their bff's holding hands and sitting on each others lap. Guys don't do this. That's why you don't see any male professionals here. An average looking male professional would probably do ok with gay men but I doubt a woman would go after his services. If more male professionals looked like Zack Efron or Changing Tatum then they would get good business. Just the truth.
  • @SnuggleSymmetry And then be subjected to gaslighting in the form of phrases such as "no one owes you anything" when they voice their grievances regarding the disgraceful treatment they are being subjected to.
  • [Deleted User]SnuggleSymmetry (deleted user)
  • edited July 2016
    @IntactivistJedi
    If you sold vegetables at the doorstep, you would not be more successful by complaining to the people with full fridges that they had the audacity not to buy your products, even though you know they love vegetables! If you sold meat by going from house to house, you would not be more successful by complaining about vegetarian people not buying your products, even though you know their fridges are empty!

But that does not mean there are no hungry people with empty fridges left.

[And it certainly does not mean that the people with full fridges or the vegetarians are treating you disgracefully - no matter in which way they avoid your offers of things they do not want.]

When someone tells you that no one is obligated to give you what you want, they are not gas-lighting you about your lack of physical contact. They are reminding you that changing something about it *inevitably* requires patience. They are reminding you to think that if other people are like you but they have more than you, there are just as well people who want the same as you and have the same or less than you.
    Because every one of those people who is looking for something else than you or has already found what you want proves that there are a lot of people looking for things in this world.

Yes, you are grieving. The rest of the world does its part to change that. But most of the world does not really have a part in it. You do, and the people you need to find do.
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    @Laetitian : Beautifully and poetically put. There is also the sad truth that some people know how to get their needs met in this world, and others do not. When one decides that they will learn how to be with others in such a way as to elicit what they are looking for rather than complaining how awful another is for not giving it to them based on hypothetical reasons, then they begin to have their needs met.
  • It's better  to light one small candle than to forever curse the darkness.