Not getting a response? Try filling out your profile, you'll have better results.

[Deleted User]RadishSpirit (deleted user)
It may just be limited to my area, but very few of the profiles that I read had the "About Me" part filled out. (I was only looking at the profiles of straight men.)

I'm not griping, just trying to be helpful. If you're seeking intimate, trusting contact with strangers, you're not going to get very far by giving no incentive to contact you. Take the few minutes to extend a bit of yourself, because age, gender, and proximity are not enough info to overcome the inertia of asking a stranger for care and intimacy.

Comments

• Preach! 

This is a deal-breaker for me, too.  If there's no blurb, I feel I can't get enough of a read to consider making contact. Thanks, @RadishSpirit!
  • Generally, I only message people who have a picture, as it is the people I've messaged do have blurbs too but I think not having a picture would put me off more than not having a blurb. Not that the latter isn't off-putting too.
  • I totally understand not having pictures but there's no reason for not having blurbs. I usually don't reply to guys that have no blurb.
  • To be honest, anyone who is serious about meeting people should probably have both picture and blurb in my opinion, I might make an exception if someone detests having their photo taken but even then I'd be wary, there's something about messaging someone when you have absolutely no idea what they look like that I'm not a fan of.
  • I feel better about people who have any picture up than about those who have no picture at all. Even if it's flowers, a landscape with you as a dot on the horizon, or your feet, it's still better than no pic. It just shows me that you put an effort and some thought into it :) that counts!
  • Well, I do exchange pictures upon request after engaging intellectual conversations. I have no interest in anyone who wants to meet solely based on appearance. This is not a dating site. I have made some online friends here that I talk to regularly even though we haven't met due to distance.
  • Although posting your picture might mean someone will approach you solely based upon your looks, not posting it might mean someone will approach you solely upon your name or location. Providing more information about yourself, including your picture increases the chances of someone contacting you, whether it is based upon your location, profile, picture or the particular combination. If someone's picture catches my attention, for any reason, i read their profile.
    Probably the biggest factor for connecting on this site is to initiate conversation and respond when conversation is initiated, regardless of first impressions.