A suggestion for CC developers.

1. Who would want to know who favorited your profile?86 votes
    1. Yes
      54.65%
    2. No
      45.35%

Comments

• edited January 2020

That sounds like juicy info @Riverside77 but I like the privacy of favoriting who I want without anyone knowing. I also like the feature of visiting who I want (by putting their name in the URL instead of clicking their profile name) without anyone knowing. I also like people not knowing if I've read their messages. I like privacy -- so while I'd love to know all that myself, the trade-off is that others would know all of that about my activities. No thanks! :) <3

• edited January 2020

I would like, so I can send them a thank you , and favorite them back .
    Imagine alarms and bells and whistles and email notifications that trigger . Perhaps fireworks and cannon fire .

Next there could be a counter displayed on profiles indicating this person has been favorited x number of times .

I just “ favorited “ @littermate

• I like my privacy

• @littermate
    URL instead of clicking, doesn't flag as a visitor ? That's useful to know. Maybe the default should be that visiting doesn't automatically show, but one can optionally say that they visited.

That's effectively what you've worked out for us. 😀

• @geoff1000 that's what someone said. Here, I'll test it with you, let me know if I show up as a visitor.

• OK, visited you big spoon. :) Also, your age range filters out awesome humans like me.

• I don't always use Favorite for profiles I like. Sometimes I use it for bad profiles I have reported. That way, I can see when/if the profile is subsequently banned. I'm with those who voted "No" on the idea of people being notified that they've been favorited.

• I wanna KNOW! 😂💀💀💀

• @littermate
    49 minutes ago. Sorry, it was an urban myth.

• edited January 2020

@littermate @geoff1000 I think the only way to see someone's profile without appearing in their visitors list is to open the link in private browsing mode. But that won't let you access profiles with the "members only" setting turned on.

• Unless the user has blocked public visitors to their profile (one of the options in account settings), you could still look at a profile anonymously by using an incognito tab in chrome or the equivalent for your browser.

• [Deleted User]2dogmom (deleted user)
    edited January 2020

@Drop_the_Mike 🙋🏻‍♀️ I just visited you. May or may not have favorited you... 🤔😁

PS, that outfit is fly AF

• Add @2dogmom one of my favorites

• Ah, @geoff1000 I was either led astray, or I didn't understand the guidance. I've gotten in the habit of using that method to visit and it's funny that it doesn't work. I'm not sure how that is different than what @respectful writes above... What is a link in "private browsing mode?"

• See, I figure if you can see who visited you, it’s more useful to see who earmarked you as well. Sometimes I favorite people with the intention of writing them soon. Maybe they beat me to the punch. Thought it was worth a poll and discussion. I wouldn’t mind people knowing I favorited them.

• edited January 2020

Private browsing mode is called Incognito mode (CTRL+SHIFT+N) in Chrome, or Private Window (CTRL+SHIFT+P) in Firefox. It is called something else in Edge, I wouldn't know because I used to work at Microsoft and I know better than to use it. But this wouldn't work for someone with a Members Only selected to view their profile, because that would require you to log in and negate the incognito effect. However, I find most people never changed the default setting of public viewing.

For example, I snatched this screenshot as proof I visited @geoff1000 and it won't show me in his visitors log.

Fixed image breaking mobile layout. Please don't embed images in tables. [Mark]

• @DonLonG
    I can confirm, no digital footprint on my Visitors log.

• [Deleted User]EdoubleN18sngl (deleted user)

I wouldn’t like this. I enjoy the privacy that we have. The only thing I’d like to change is I’d like the option of looking up people by username. It would make it easier when people are trying to communicate together. Like for a 3way cuddle or whatever. It would just make things easier to find each other!!! Not in favor of the other addition though.

• @EdoubleN18sngl
    Searching by User name was worked out by @sillysassy ; you type in the CC site URL with backslash their user name, jumps to their page.

• Well, if you want them to know... you friend them.
    If you don't... you favourite them...

Makes sense to me, you have both options.

• I absolutely agree with the option of stealthiness. I think the ladies see this as more of a chance to not be pounced on (especially for enthusiasts) @littermate and @2dogmom will correct me if I'm wrong. I have a personal preference about "friending" people. I don't treat this like Facebook where I'm trying to have a lot of friends, I use the function of "friends" once I actually spend some time getting to know them or meeting them in person. Everyone gets to have their preference about that.

As far as the FAVORITES go.... I absolutely wouldn't want everyone to know. There are times someone makes an interesting comment in the forums or they might be in a place I will be visiting soon. Putting them in the favorites category lets me remember them and see when they were last logged in etc without having to constantly try and visit their profile. (which again might invite lots and lots of messages which is sometimes hard to stay on top of without hurting someone's feelings)

The best part of it is that @Mark just recently upped the number of people you can favorite!!! So fabulous. What an amazing guy he is. 3 cheers!!!

Fabulous thread @Riverside77.... creates some very interesting conversation. :)

• Are we supposed to actually select yes or no for the survey to work?? 😂😁😊

• Everybody is my favorite

• As parallels :

Advertising websites have
    "cookies" that we can accept or reject, which let them know we visited.

Restaurants have to put menus and prices on the outside, so that potential customers know what is on offer before stepping inside, then feeling obliged to buy something.

Some people enjoy window-shopping, without the risk of a high-pressure sales person.

• I want you to know i favorited you

• I like cookies.

• Just to confirm, this feature's privacy will not be changing. The only scenario I can imagine where there could ever be flexibility there is as part of some sort of paid premium perk but no such plan currently exists.

• @Mark please don't sell our privacy.

• edited January 2020

That's a dramatic comment. We're talking about the publicly known characteristics of a feature. If a feature were to change in that way, then it would be done so transparently and publicly so your privacy expectations are not compromised.

I'm surprised the poll results indicate most people would rather the feature lose its privacy element. I obviously disagree and think its value primarily comes from it being incognito.

• If that were ever changed, people who like the privacy would simply stop favoriting people and would use a notepad.