Goals that took a while to achieve?

2»

Comments

• @geoff1000 if there were more individuals like yourself we could rid the world of the stigma associated with mental illness. Sometimes when people don’t know the real us they define our “ailment” by our actions instead of understanding no matter what illness we have, the real us is who reacts. Thank you Geoff 😊

@SunnyD You are very welcome!

• I was married in my early 20s, divorced, then before the ink dried on that i was married again up until around 5 yrs ago. And before all that i was in a long term relationship with somebody. So these last few years i feel i have really come into my own in terms of being my own person, not being responsible for another persons happiness apart from my child and my own, and not relying on another person in my life to feel secure and comfortable. I have a lot of quirks and am really starting to get comfortable with myself and accept myself. I am enjoying being independent, and am learning to love myself in a way that i used to rely on others to do. It feels really nice.

• @pmvines good to hear ☺️

• [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)
    edited January 2020

• The aircraft safety card tells us that if the oxygen masks drop, we should put on our own, before helping anyone else with theirs.

When aid workers drive a lorry full of food to starving disaster victims, they have to eat some food along the way.

Being apparently "selfish", is sometimes necessary, for us to be able to help others.

• @geoff1000 ...... psychology 101

• I had a close friend pass away unexpectedly at 45 in December of 2012, starting me on my path to live my life with purpose, intention, and no more time wasted, no more regrets. Today, in January of 2020, my life is unrecognizable. Seriously people. Whatever you want, just take it one step at a time. If you try to plan for the end goal, you'll often get overwhelmed and never make it out of the starting gate. You don't have to have all steps planned out, just take it one step at a time. =)

• An ex-Manager often told me, "I'm a great believer in trends". That if things are even slowly and intermittently moving in the right direction, that's good.

• @tm700 thank you for the compliment!
    @MrCuddlenity !!! that's not less important! I think it's a major deal! even more so because it is personal! kudos!

• Want to update my response. Better frame of mind is I finally have learned to coexist with my depression. I realized this after talking to a friend about my depression. Also only saying this works for me. Not speaking on behalf of people with depression. Want to make that clear now.

• @UKGuy - it took me about 7 years to get permanent residency too. About 15 years later, my management started actively wondering why I didn't file for Citizenship. $700 and a couple of interviews later, I was sworn in as a citizen at the Federal Court in Norfolk.