Prohibition

Imagine a country where no-one is allowed to buy cutlery. The only way to get it, is to make it, but it is a two-person job and very time-consuming. I expect that restaurants would either have their cutlery stolen, or be often asked by customers if they could bend the rules.

I'm wondering if boundary pushing on this site is more common in the USA ( excluding some counties in Nevada), than in the UK and other countries where "cutlery" can be bought and sold.

I'm not wanting to open the debate on how the USA is legalising marijuana, or Prohibition gave us Al Capone ; but just wondering if female UK cuddlers ( pro and non-pro ) have an easier time of things.

Comments

• Interesting thought.

• This kind of emergency is exactly the reason why I always keep a pair of chopsticks handy.

• [Deleted User]Spock (deleted user)
    edited January 2020

@geoff1000 - Good point.

In the US, men are touch deprived. This no doubt contributes to some ‘boundary testing’ during cuddling sessions.

The other factor is how women react to men’s approaches. Having lived in both the UK and the US, I can tell you that British girls are much easier to approach. A girl in a pub expects to be approached by men, and responds accordingly. You usually get some chit-chat every time. Even if she is not interested in you, the rejection is couched in polite language. In the US, girls react more negatively to being approached in bars. The ones who are interested are all over you instantly, but the ones who say ‘no’ act as if you just propositioned them in church.

None of this is to say that boundary pushing is OK. Every man must know how to take a hint and back off when asked to, especially on a platonic cuddling site.

• I wasn't aware that one could buy and sell "cutlery" in the UK. One learns something new every day...😬

• edited January 2020

I wonder why so many men would go to a store that sells “placemats” only, and attempt / expect to buy illegal cutlery... Especially when so many different thriving black market cutlery shops are just as close??

• @saramajara It does defy logic, I agree.

• edited January 2020

@saramajara @calineur

The cutlery readily for sale requires one to risk being robbed, abused by the legal system (car impounded), and comes with a tenfold higher risk to your health. Additionally, not many know where to shop. There actually is logic at work.

• This is why i eat with my hands, the way nature intended

• Also remember street cutlery is likely not cleaned, being used by people who miss use it. There may be dents a scratches and stains that won’t come out.

Cutlery that’s nudged into use is much more appealing, I’d think,

• edited January 2020

@Groucho

Agree to disagree. I think it’s more of an attempt to save $, and avoid the vetting process... Not to say there aren’t those that just don’t know. Although illegal in the states, when I’m propositioned I’m glad to define what I do, and mention clean cutlery of all kinds is advertised on (following websites)

• Suddenly I'm hungry

• edited January 2020

@saramajara whose vetting process are you referring to, Cuddlers or the others?

PS. Great profile and pics. Please move to Detroit as quickly as you can.

• @MrFirefighter LOL I had basic American cuisine at home last night. This morning, my thoughts are for a light snack. Alas the cupboard has been bare for years.

• @ Groucho

I’m referring to the vetting process required by sex workers. The stereotype that sex works carry disease, is really very inaccurate. If you pick a survival sex worker off the street, yes, disease is a worry. But booking with a verified sex worker should be no cause for concern. These ladies ( and men ) are so diligent about their health, and the majority wouldn’t consider even oral sex without protection. They have reviews. While the cuddle buddy that seems innocent and harmless, is much less likely to follow the safest sex practices, or get regularly tested.
    When it comes to saw enforcement SW providers are 99% the target of stings. Think of it as arresting the drug dealer vs arresting the drug addict. Not to mention sites like those I often mention require an extensive background check on their providers to ensure their identity. As a client I would think trying to buy sex from platonic touch therapist is much more likely to end in law enforcement being called, than buying from a reputable provider that sells sex work.

Just my thoughts from my experiences

• Interesting hypothesis about a correlation between the prohibition on sex work and boundary pushing during platonic cuddling. Regardless, it shows a lock of respect for boundaries and consent.

• @Spock - I've lived in both the UK and US too and I've found US women to be much friendlier that English women.
    At least the ones I have approached. But then again US women like an English accent so maybe that helps.

• @saramajara
    Telling people where they can find what they are looking for, sounds like a good idea. They might be glad of the direction.

I presume you wouldn't mind if people did both activities, providing they kept to the rules for each.
    I'm thinking of a vegetarian restaurant which made nice desserts, wouldn't mind customers from the steakhouse next door coming in for the second course. Or having vegetarian soup as a starter, before going next door for the steak.

• @DonLonG that was funny! 😁

• @saramajara I'd love to discuss the pros and cons of each distribution channel. Unfortunately, we'd both end up banned.

• [Deleted User]2dogmom (deleted user)

This discussion has become too metaphorical for me... lol

• @geoff1000

The women that I know who do sex work generally seem to be thrilled when the occasion client buys more of their time to cuddle / talk.

As a pro platonic cuddler I would not be thrilled to be a SW provider. Clearly I’m an advocate of SWers, but it’s not what I do, or want to do.

I would however be thrilled buy the decriminalization of SW. but even were that to happen, “placemate” only stores would still exist, and the purchase of “cutlery” at black market stores I assume would just become safer all around. If these stores sold placemats with cutlery, cool, but really i don’t care, I just want suppliers and purchasers of all kitchenware to be safe and comfortable.

• Decriminalizing sw needs to happen but i do wish people who seek it could find it now. I wish those who offer it could offer it in places that were meant for them.

• @BashfulLoner I believe it may be moving in the wrong direction. There is a push to label ordinary prostitution Human Trafficking. This ploy is intended to generate more opposition to decriminalization.

• Some people oppose the animal testing of medicines ; but are happy to have them tested on poor people, who have no real choice. Some people are opposed to eating meat, but cheap food is often harvested by cheap labour. Some people are opposed to wearing animal-based clothing, but cheap clothing is often made by cheap labour.

Suicide bombing is bad for the person involved, but a cruise missile spends the money which could have gone on healthcare to save the lives of many.

Some SW can't make money any other way ; but I'm sure some pro-cuddlers are in the same position, and don't have much choice. The physical contact is different, but both can mean a person is having to cross their chosen boundaries, with an adverse psychological effect.

Am I better to : pay for the company others get for free, go without ; or blunder through life looking for it like a bull in a china shop, upsetting hundreds of people ?

The world's problems are caused by there being too many people, but there is no nice way to limit the numbers or the rate of increase.

I really do struggle with these dilemmas. There is no really good path through life. I guess I just try, on balance, to behave "better" than average ; and make up for my shortfalls in some areas, with over-delivery in others.

• edited January 2020

Am I better to : pay for the company others get for free, go without ; or blunder through life looking for it like a bull in a china shop, upsetting hundreds of people ?

@geoff1000 one may have to go without, at least for a time (countless millions did for their entire life, I'm sure).
    Paying for it will never fully satisfy, because the exchange of money makes it impersonal. Even if it's just cuddling.
    As for "blundering through life...", the answers exist to everything, but sometimes gaining knowledge requires effort and patience. A simple library or internet search might start you on the path to practical information. I'm on that path myself...

The world's problems are caused by there being too many people, but there is no nice way to limit the numbers or the rate of increase.

Some believe that there is a programmed cutoff, where reproduction slows and ceases naturally. But when or at what number, no one knows.

According to The Georgia Guidestones, that number was supposed to be 500,000,000, if I remember correctly. But who knows where they got that number?

• I just want to know how police think setting up stings using female police pretending they are Prostitutes stops sex trafficking? That is complete nonsense. They need to spend that time going after pedophiles.

• @2dogmom It is for me as well! 🤦🏼‍♀️

Everytime I see sw I think of @pmvines and I know he is a SW and not a sw but it just makes me chuckle. (I know you have a M in there but medically I always just see SW). 🤗

• When i was in college i thought of getting my msw, i really gave it a shot. I knew i would never get a MSW though, that’s to much like work.🤣

• @BashfulLoner as long as it’s not sw your fellow cuddlers here will support you 🤦🏼‍♀️😁😊

• @CreativeCuddles i was trying to master sw 😂