Prohibition

2»

Comments

• Oh, Lordy! 🤦🏼‍♀️🤣

• "Paying for it will never fully satisfy, because the exchange of money makes it impersonal." It's hard for me to not feel hurt by that statement, but I know that is just some people's perception. Paying me for a cuddle allows me to help as many people as I do (otherwise I would have to get a traditional job and wouldn't have the time, mental energy, or mobility, to do what I do now). It doesn't pay for my care or affection. I appreciate my clients' support in keeping this going. Two years so far. =)

But on the topic of this thread, I agree with legalizing cutlery, lol. I believe it will help keep me and others like me, safer in our choice of work. As it is now, you can't even try to figure out where to find cutlery without risking legal trouble. I don't believe it's just a matter of saving money, but trying to avoid getting arrested. Lol.

• @ubergigglefritz Yeah, it's so not about you and what you bring. I also am in a profession where people literally pay me to love them (no, I'm not a prostitute). If they didn't pay me, I'd be doing something far less valuable to the world and them. Their $$ doesn't effect at all the heart I bring to the table or the very real genuine caring. It just, as you, enables me to give my heart full-time. It's not my job to prove to others that they are lovable, whether they pay me or not. IMO, not your job either. You and I both know the incredible giving hearts that we offer and where we're offering from. Charging money does not mean it's artificial, fake, or mercenary.

In my experience, no amount of love from the outside can fully heal the feelings of unlovableness that people carry. Hordes of people lining up to snuggle one for free can only go so far in healing something that's an inside job.

I think many who feel less than perfectly lovable would look to someone's desire to cuddle them for no money as a boost to their feelings about themselves. Look, I'm lovable because so-and-so wants to cuddle me. Having to pay for it can feel pitiful and like you are one-down if those feelings already exist inside. Like, why would I want to be reminded that I have to pay for someone to hold me? But being lovable/deserving of snuggles and being able to find someone who reflects it in the way you need it are two different things.

IMO, It's not your job to heal people's unlovable feelings even though some of that might happen in the context of cuddling. Your job is to give your whole heart in the way it works for you to the people who derive something from it that's worth what they pay. And from what I see from you, time with you is gold, free or paid. <3

• Thanks for the compliments. 😇 But from what I hear, there is definitely a difference in experience from one professional to another. It's the attitude of the professional, vibe in the session, and their treatment of you that can make people feel like it's superficial and point out that they're paying for a cuddle. I don't think it enters any of my clients minds how it sucks that they have to pay me for a cuddle. When the authenticity and value is felt, then that's what they see, their heart. That's my experience and impression though. 😇🤷

• But you are right that many people have work to do from within, but I also know that for people willing to put in the work, time spent in an authentically accepting and loving environment can be a leg up to that change...

• edited January 2020

@pmvines @MrFirefighter @DonLonG (THIS.... This is why I love to glance through.... You all are killing me. hahahha😂)

@littermate @ubergigglefritz ladies of course thank you.... I completely align with this

In my experience, no amount of love from the outside can fully heal the feelings of unlovableness that people carry. Hordes of people lining up to snuggle one for free can only go so far in healing something that's an inside job.
    Paying me for a cuddle allows me to help as many people as I do (otherwise I would have to get a traditional job and wouldn't have the time, mental energy, or mobility, to do what I do now).

• @ubergigglefritz
    "The exchange of money makes it impersonal"
    Do people think it is impersonal if a man buys both movie tickets, or pays for his train ticket when he is being a guest ?

I see the payment as getting an interview, even if I have a bad resume' ; I still have to work to get the job.

• @geoff1000 Interesting perspective for sure. No amount of money would get you a session if I don't feel respected by you, that's for sure. If that's what you meant. O:-)