Ideas on adding references?

I've been thinking about how well the reference section works for air bnb. Is there an easy way we could do something similar for cuddling? I was thinking it would help provide some safety and alleviate some of the awkwardness.

Comments

• I think this is a great idea!
  • Profile reviews here exist for that exact purpose. Or am I misunderstanding something? 
  • Profile reviews? I want to make sure I'm not missing something. The profiles and pictures are helpful for a way to get a feel for somebody, but if you had personal references from other people, I think that speaks louder. When I've been a host for air bnb, the way it worked was that I got friends to write me some personal references to get me started; then once I started getting guests in, they were required write a review of me and I of them. So whenever you think about staying with somebody (or hosting them) you can see reviews of all the people they'd hosted (or stayed with). It seemed to help keep everybody upfront and honest.

On here it would mean I could add a reference from a personal friend to give me a vote of confidence. Then after I've met and cuddled with someone from this site, they could write a review of me and I'd write a review of them.
    I think that sorta thing really helps to let you know what you're getting into.
  • Thanks White Sage :)
  • me2, there seem to be Reviews here on this website.
    Go to a person's profile, you'll see (About) (Photos) (Friends) (Reviews).
    The Reviews section is where you can leave a review, or read reviews left by others (although I've never seen it yet) (although I usually don't check)
    Hope that helps!
  • Oh yeah...
    Hmm, doesn't get used much does it? It didn't seem to wanna give me the option to write a review of people that I've messaged with either, though I might just be missing something again :)
  • It gives me that option for some people I exchanged messages with, and doesn't give me for others. But as far as I understand it should.
  • You can only review members who you have communicated with thus indicating that you may have actually met them.
  • So only if there's something in the messages that indicates you've met up? That would make sense ;)
  • I don't know if AI is at that level yet ;)
  • Ha! Yeah I thought so too, might be some bugs in that section? I couldn't figure it out
  • edited May 2016
    You can leave a review once you've had a brief online conversion with them. A couple of messages is not enough as you wouldn't know them by then.
  • I would suggest that you do the same for friends. Don't treat this as Facebook and add every friend request but stick to those you know.