outside

124»

Comments

• @MonkeyNeedsAHug I am not a fan of Mother's Day or Father's Day, within my own family.

In childhood, these were meaningless dates where I was presented pre-purchased gifts and "chose" one to give to the corresponding parent.

As a young adult, it was pressure to perform for my mom, and an unwanted reminder of a dad I didn't talk to.

As an adult who has been through counseling and finally comprehends the complex, screwed up nature of my relationship with my mom, I somewhat resent this day and especially my mom's expectations that I make her feel special.

Just spittin' truth.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• @MonkeyNeedsAHug: I definitely don't care for Mother's Day (or Father's Day, come to that). But I don't have much to add to @FunCartel's thread: Neither of my parents are dead yet, alas. So thanks for starting this here!

Cathartic rant inside the spoiler.

There's something about being expected to celebrate a woman whose only reason for not killing me was that she didn't think she could get away with it. Oh, I understand her reasons—I was only ten when she actually told me and I understood perfectly—but I don't feel any urge to celebrate the fact that she happened to poop me out 33 years ago. Good for her, great job.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I exist... but I know for a fact the woman who grew me didn't do it on purpose.

She didn't want any baby at all, much less me! So why should I celebrate? "Happy Mother's Day, congratulations on creating a life you've always wished never existed. Here's a bundle of dying plants' genitals and some bath bombs."

No thanks.

• @DaringSprinter I can't speak to your experience but your rant was well-written.

• edited May 2022

Thanks for sharing, all. I think mothers in general are pretty dope. I like to tell moms I meet “thank you for your service.” But my own mileage varies. @FunCartel I can’t speak to the algorithms or why this thread reappeared in the forums after yours did. When I posted this comment, your thread was not yet visible - to me anyway.

I appreciate you starting that thread and did not mean to imply your thoughts weren’t appropriate for their own thread.

This was a reaction to the Mothers Day thread and the person who didn’t react well to it.

🙈

• @MonkeyNeedsAHug no problem. The confusion was on me.

• @achetocuddle: Thanks. That's very nice of you to say.

• Dude:

“ FYI: I'm not going to respond anymore or interject my opinion anymore.”

Dude 6 minutes later:

“And another thing…”

• edited February 2023

Oh....this thread is going to be a train wreck. haha

Grabs popcorn.

OH yes. There will be popcorn, @DreamlikeCuddle . [-Sid]

• edited February 2023

What are you on about, @DreamlikeCuddle ?

You hungry, troll?

Edit: @DreamlikeCuddle called me names I won’t repeat here. When I called him out on that and asked how those names had anything to do with the hypocrisy I was calling him out for… he edited his post here to a benign comment about popcorn. He also went and changed his posts on the other thread to remove evidence of the hypocrisy. Then, apparently, he blocked me. So, I guess we are done here.

He is most definitely done, @MonkeyNeedsAHug [-Sid]

• edited February 2023

@cuddles_ndream please stop trolling. There is a reason you were banned , then apparently upgraded to timed out. May have not been obvious to people reading your posts , but you know why ....

And fyi your comment was already reported prior to you changing it. Antagonizing and attacking people and then changjng your post entirely to make yourself seem like a lighthearted loveable goofball in order to make them appear unreasonable in their response to you is not particularly admirable .

Anywho I'm done for today.

The jury is out on WHO runs @DreamlikeCuddle - and until he verifies identity, he's not coming back on, @pmvines [-Sid]

• Are you obsessed with this @cuddle_ndream person? Did they reject you in a past life?

It's unhealthy. Maybe you should seek help.

• The whataboutism isn’t fooling anyone. You called me a SIMP here and when I schooled you on it, you changed your post to imply that you were here to observe the drama, not cause it. Pick a lane, troll.

• edited February 2023

And fyi your comment was already reported.

Oh no!!! 😳😬😲 What shall I ever do???

And I don't know what Antagomozing is?

Also, the entire point of this thread is: "This is a thread where people can take their arguments"

This is your last thread in THIS incarnation. Whatever shall you do? This mod will not weep for you. [-Sid]

• This is weird

• @MonkeyNeedsAHug “ FYI: I'm not going to respond anymore or interject my opinion anymore.”

Not sure where that was ever posted. Do you remember who said that? I missed that thread.

• edited February 2023

Do I remember who said it?

Sure I do. I literally cut and pasted it from your comment of 4:25 PM today (in the thread in which you try to make a case against virtual cuddling).

The fact that you subsequently went back and edited it doesn’t change what you said in the first place.

You sure you want to argue with me on this?

• Carry on, folks. The trolls who have nothing better to do on a Saturday night have been sent back under their bridge.

• edited April 2023

It’s a beautiful day, out!

Still, I hope no scary menz look at my profile! I mean it. I especially hope no handsome menz look. And definitely don’t ask me to cuddle, handsome pants! I R STRAIGHT!!

S/.

• @MonkeyNeedsAHug Too late. I visited your profile. wolf whistle

• Thanks, @FunCartel .

You get me.

• edited April 2023

A person writes they had a bad experience* with a pro cuddler and so, won’t hire another.

(I think, “thank goodness they didn’t have a bad experience with their first dentist.”)

*They cite the pro’s lack of empathy, respect, listening, professionalism, patience and training.

(But don’t worry; the person doesn’t blame the pro, “per se”.)

• (I think, “thank goodness they didn’t have a bad experience with their first dentist.”)

Some people quit easily. A lot of people have bad experiences in prison but recidivism still runs high. Who knows. But the logic for not seeing another pro lacks logic

• The name of this thread always reminds me of the song