Artwork Around the World 🌿

Comments

• [Deleted User]violinfem (deleted user)

Ive been working on some art

• That's wonderful @violinfem 🥳🥳🥳

• We all know Leonardo da Vinci. But did you know that he had a bunch of devoted followers?

Marco d'Oggiono (c. 1470–1549) was one of them. We can even call him a chief pupil of Leonardo da Vinci, many of whose works he copied. He was a hard-working artist, but his work has since been criticized by some for paintings that are wanting in vivacity of feeling and purity of drawing, while, in his composition, it has been well said that "intensity of color does duty for intensity of sentiment." He copied Leonardo's Last Supper repeatedly, and one of his best copies is in the possession of the Royal Academy of Arts in London.  

Today's picture combines elements of portraiture and allegory while setting the stage for genre painting. The richly dressed female wearing an enigmatic smile is crowned with ivy and holds a bowl of cherries. The meaning is enigmatic: it may allude to marriage but also suggests a connection with sophisticated literary circles. 

• One of my favourite English painters, John Everett Millais. This painting is entitled "Three Sisters":

• John William Waterhouse, English painter 1849-1917. This one is entitled "The Crystal Ball":

• Art by Annie Stegg Gerard
    @anniestegg | IG

• edited April 2020

One of my favourite Renaissance painters, Sandro Botticelli, 1445-1510, Italian.
    This is entitled "Portrait of a Young Woman". One of his few non-religious subjects:

• These paintings by Edward Hopper during the Spanish flu (1918-1920) are called “Images from Self-Isolation and Social Distancing”.

• Cartoons are such a fun form of art.

• Cartoon:

• Person who has just received their stimulus check:

• by Fritz Baumgarten

• Painting called "Demons in the Tree" made in 1933 by a famous painter named: Franz Sedlacek, a true work of art 😱👌🏻

• Believe it or not this is a chalk drawing on the street that the model is pretending to hold. By Russian street artist Nikolaj Arndt.

• edited April 2020

A swimming pool that really isn't there. Street art by British artist Joe Hill.

• Dutch artist Jan Is De Man, paints giant 3D bookcases on the flat sides of buildings:

• As a motor head type guy all my life, I find the art work just amazing, I can't paint a darn barn with a 4" brush, LOL

• Cinema is a wonderful form of active art

• One of my daughter's favourite things to do when she was growing up was to draw and paint. Here are a couple of efforts when she was 10 years old. One is a self-portrait and the other is of her painting a picture.
    Notice anything in common between them?

• @UKGuy
    "Notice anything in common between them?"

They are both better than I could manage. 😀

• I like flamenco dancer art posters. Here are a few good ones:

• I've spent almost am hour just looking at these amazing artworks. Like walking into a virtual art museum.

• So glad that you enjoy it @PlushandPerfect 🌺

• Amazing shot by Phil Waller! 😲😍
    Credit for his art: https://www.instagram.com/thephilwaller/