Has the cuddling industry slowed due to the virus threat?

Comments

• I think yes

• edited March 2020

It hasn't slowed me down. No cuddles before the crisis and none now. Hopefully both pros and their clients will take common-sense precautions like washing their hands before and after every session. And it wouldn't hurt for pros to waive their cancellantion fees if a client has to cancel or postpone due to being sick. What will slow down the 'industry' is the increase in prices. Some pros in my area are charging $150 plus per hour. $50 for just a meet and greet. Greed spreads like a virus and will kill it just as fast.

• I would think it would in the areas that have a lot of reported cases. I know I would not meet anyone if I was in those affected areas. No real reason to take the chance, I could wait a while my self.

• I haven't had a lot of new clients, mostly flake out after flake out. I caught a cold so I couldn't schedule with someone last week, I'm over that, but I do wonder if I should focus on my day job (which is also a risk) and not try to meet new clients. It also depends how many recorded cases are in your locale, there are 7 in my county. My immune system is probably good, and I'm basically living my life, but one of my housemates is over 60.

• @rivka Yeah I was supposed to be in Boston this week but I was grounded. No flying until the end of the month at least. My next trip at the end of March is in Dallas, which I can drive to, but it is a conference, so I am not sure that will happen. I would not be surprised if this puts a damper on pros’ business. I have no plans to cuddle anyone anytime soon. Just common sense.

• edited March 2020

This week has been pretty good for me, however I had two cancels for next week due to concerns over the virus. Im getting pretty worried about how this will financially impact me in the coming weeks.

• edited March 2020

As I posted in another thread I thought the financial aspect of the tanking stock market would have more of an impact on the cuddling industry than would the health risks and concerns, at least for now. But reading posts of cuddlers saying there has been not been much of slowdown it seems this isn't the case. It would be the case for anyone relying on investments more than those with at least a decent income from jobs. So going by what I'm reading on this forum, so far the virus hasn't had much of an impact. However If it continues to spread significantly then the health risks and concerns would impact the industry much more than is currently the case.

• Depends on who you ask. It is a personal decision for all. I personally touch tons of objects at my job and see many people so it is business as usual. I just pray and go on with life to pay my obligations and do cuddles. It the regular cuddlers choose to protect themselves and wait awhile then I respect that

• Since everything is being cancelled cuddlers might get busier. I've had three events I was to attend in the next two weeks that have been cancelled. People might not have anything else to do or anything else to spend their money on and have more time and money to cuddle.

• I cancelled a cuddle today because of it. I plan to not cuddle until the spread slows.

• I was in Nashville this past weekend and met up with a couple friends from the site. However I dont intend to go anywhere I cant drive to. I was hoping to see one of my best friends in MD next month but am likely not going now. Though the thought did cross my mind about airfare and potentially lower prices due to less demand.

• For those that travel.... both pro and enthusiasts, I presume its slowing down for them. Here in Ohio the government has placed a ban (with exceptions) of gatherings of over 100 people. I think I read somewhere ironically that a coronavirus convention was cancelled due to the coronavirus .

Has anyone heard of Cuddling Parties/ Gatherings being postponed or cancelled? I think those would be impacted pretty quick.

• @OhioMike ... no gatherings of 100 .? What happened to freedom of assembly in Ohio ?

• So far, for me, cuddling sessions have not showed down. In fact, I suspect I may see a rise in requests for sessions if people (that are not sick) end up having to take time off from work.

• @cuddlerforu24 the ban of 100 people or more does have exceptions so keep that in mind and people need to look at the ban to see if they can gather. Also making laws and then able to enforce them are a whole different matter. I’m going to presume current cuddle parties have been postponed. I think one on one cuddles probably will slow down some A lot to think and plan next few weeks for sure though.

• Cuddling is, however wonderful and beneficial, a discretionary pleasure if you are paying for it. In times of financial and medical uncertainty, the frequency will decrease for a while.

Once we're past the worst, the need will be even greater :)

• I saw the ban and it’s sounds vague . Not specific . What gathering I wonder . An organized gathering .. concert ...sporting event , indoor? Outdoor? How about 100 unorganized people on a beach somewhere , in close proximity? Spread out ? Ok , someone organizes an event inviting the first 99 people , 299 show up etc

• A ban on assemblies? Who could imagine that being abused? Gee ,if only we had something like a constitutional amendment that covered that.

• Definitely a concern.

• I think that every part of the Constitution can be over-ruled ; the Right to Bear Arms doesn't apply to visitors to the White House, and the Right to Free Speech doesn't allow someone to shout "FIRE !" in a crowded theatre.

• @OhioMike I got an email that DC metro cuddle parties have been cancelled.

Myself, I happen to be on my break at the moment. Hoping everything goes as normal once I head back on the road in a little over two weeks. Money needs won't wait. 😝 Unless the government initiates an emergency UBI. in that case, I would be willing to wait a little longer before starting my cuddle circuit... But that's not going to happen.

• [Deleted User]cuddlealldays (deleted user)

Ohio every thing seems to be shutting down slowly. I don’t think people dare cuddling with fear factor

• In Massachusetts and Rhode Island, gatherings of more than 25 people are prohibited. Austria banned gatherings of more than 5, very smart. I think all optional gatherings should be postponed until the rate of new infections is negative. The way to stop this virus is to stop spreading it.

• For me, it's remained the same, a flat 0 cuddles. On the flip side, right now I'd rather be safe than sorry, so I'm not even considering it until this passes.

• I don't know if it has slowed, because I've withdrawn. There's definitely extra loneliness right now.
    Everything in my city has been closed, so many people are completely grounded. I'm personally very scared of this, and do not care to be part of the scourge, even if I don't personally get sick. I travelled through 2 international airports few weeks ago, and self isolated almost as soon as I was settled.
    I'm not accepting new cuddlers. Ive seen 2 people in the last 2 weeks, with much trepidation, not because I think they're immune, but because I consider them as close as family, and know we depend on each other. I can't even fathom doing business as usual. I only cuddle when I can confidently share an abundance of love and trust, and now is not the time.
    When it's safe, I'm going to cuddle as much as I can.
    I do look forward to celebratory reuniting of humanity.

• I would think it has to, I know I would be very uneasy if I was in an area that had a lot of cases, so far, in my County, only 3 cases, all 30+ miles away. To everyone, be SAFE!!!!!!!!!

• I was just messaged by a pro who said she was sent to Birmingham for two weeks by the company she works for . Interesting that a corporate employer would send you somewhere during all this

• [Deleted User]SoftPetals (deleted user)
    edited March 2020

Yeah the cuddle industry will feel the social distancing the most. I still cuddle and just take precautions, washing hands, taking good care of personal hygiene (which are the usual things I do) and cuddle. Aim not to touch each other's face and things should be fine.
    I've started offering virtual cuddles for those who are adamant about social distancing for lower prices as touch is important to cuddling yet, video chatting does help bring some ease anf comfort.

• There is a serious slow down in Dallas.

• I don’t see pros responding like before