[Appreciating self] 3 things I recently discovered about myself...

Hello lovely people out there (in their homes)!

I wanted to talk about our hidden talents that we discovered during this time and appreciating that each one of us is indeed special in our own way.

I started thinking how I can utilize my free time in something constructive. In the process, I discovered that i have some innate talents.

A few things I discovered about myself:

Recovering "Halal Guys Addict!" For past many years, I have been ordering food on almost daily basis. This lock down gave me an opportunity to explore YouTube to learning new recipes. Now, 2 weeks into Work from Home, I can call myself a decent cook (with YouTube). Best part is I am saving money.

I can write sensible articles: Till now I had only written emails at work place. But this work from home stuff gave me some time to write a few work related articles to be posted on some blogs. The articles are getting some traction with around 50+ people having read those articles. I call it a win when I wasn't expecting more than 5 people clicking on it.

I have some great friends: During this time, I got an opportunity to speak with my High School friends (No brownies for guessing that most of them are married now =) ). They are doing great in their life and they are a great source of knowledge. My video calls with them extended more than an hour on average. And they were happy as well to connect. <3

I would love to know about your self-discovery stories. B)

Comments

• I like to write fun stories...and let other people participate in the story-crafting!!! <<Thanks, CC!

I will never own another pet. I'm the only "animal" allowed in our home, now! lol

I have watched the movies Gladiator, 300, The Fifth Element, Stargate, and The Matrix, each, over ten times. I realize I should probably get some new movies..

Imajen

• THAT'S MY MOVIE!!!! YAAAAYYYY!!!! Oh, wait. I've seen that...like 15 times. But hey, it never gets old watching her kick alien butt!!! Maybe I'll dress up as her on Halloween, this year! :)

Oh, and I've learned that I am pretty good at tiny repair work on my sewing machine... Now, to figure out how to "sew" orange plastic! lol

• edited March 30

****I've learned I really don't need anybody's validation but my own.

I can compliment myself. Pat myself on the back when I succeed. Comfort myself when I fail. Reassure myself when I doubt.

****I've learned that I'm strong enough to stand on my own two feet.

That I can appreciate the resource of others time and effort. But only to augment my own.

****I've learned that I can truly enjoy others without wanting or expecting anything from them: a response, continued contact, time commitment etc.