Cuddling while having a Covid 19

2»

Comments

• edited March 2020

When people get tested they may get a positive wait a while, test again with negative results. This isn't one virus we're dealing with. SarsCoV2 has subtypes, in other words similar but slightly different mutations. I know there are at least 4 subtypes identified. 30% less aggressive S type and 70% of a more aggressive L type. 2 other subtypes were identified in the earlier genotyping but we're less aggressive and accounted for a small percentage of cases. I heard rumor of 8 subtypes identified but have not actually seen it documented in any clinical study. Let's say you and your cuddle partner want to cuddle and you both are carriers of the different subtypes. Or suggest that both have tested positive and been medically cleared, do you know what subtype you had been infected with? SarsCoV2 is mutating and highly contagious. Japan compared this virus to the flu. 1 person carrying influenza in a room full of people may infect 1 or 2. 1 person carrying SarsCoV2 will infect 12. I am not downgrading influenza, it is a serious contagion as well. Influeza also has different species and subspecies, which is why you can be infected with influenza A, medically cleared, then infected with influenza B or be infected with both at the same time. HIV was so hard to treat because it mutated often. Our President declares we are at war with an unseen enemy. Wouldn't knowingly or selfishly cuddling while being at risk to yourself and others be considered aiding and abetting the enemy? If we don't work together we will lose; for so many, the war has been lost already.

• I can't believe I am still getting requests for cuddles. It's so irresponsible. We are probably a couple weeks behind the situation in New York right now. Yes it absolutely sucks that we can't do the things we used to do, while being isolated from loved ones but we don't have a choice. It's either this, or see many many more people dying, possibly our own loved ones. All we have to do is stay at home, and stay away from other people - 6 feet distance - and do our part. Remember that people can be carriers of COVID-19 without showing ANY symptoms. So even if you feel fine, and the person you want to hang out with feels fine, OR you're not worried because you feel you're in good health one of you could infect the other, and then go on to infect more people, who may not be in such good health. And so on.

I'll be checking in here periodically if anyone needs to talk, I know that this is a very stressful time. We will get through this. ❤

• @CuddleWithJenny
    Some or most of those requests are probably fakes, people making a bad joke in the circumstances ; like someone on the International Space Station phoning for pizza delivery.

• I haven’t been on the message boards in awhile, have representatives from the site made any type of announcement discouraging cuddle sessions during the coronavirus outbreak? I would think the right thing to do at this time is to altogether take the site down until this all clears up.

• @Morpheus No they have not, and I am beginning to be bothered by that as it is the socially responsible thing to do.

• You may run into someone who wants the virus so they don’t have to worry about getting it between now and next year. Plus 4 out of 5 have no symptoms from the virus.

• @FunCartel That is very disappointing to hear.

• I think many people on the site are currently using it for social connections, at a safe distance.

• There is no safe cuddling right now. I'm personally discouraged that people think there is. I'm in higher demand than ever, and refusing even regular cuddlers who I truly love. While I truly understand the need for support, I won't even see my family, and haven't since 3/3 when I flew home.
    This is a good time to hold yourself, and think about all the love and warmth you have had, and hope you will have it again soon.
    Sending love to all of you.

• Which is better :
    A physical cuddle, with someone whose mind is elsewhere ; or a virtual cuddle, with someone whose body is elsewhere ?

• [Deleted User]SoulcuddlerZ (deleted user)

It has been decided that the site will not repeat advice that has been saturating the air-waves non-stop.

We've received multiple complaints about members still cuddling during this pandemic. Such members are continuing in those activities at their own risk, but that alone doesn't constitute a breach of the site's Terms & Conditions.

At this point, it's a matter of personal responsibility. As a reminder, no member of this community (professional or otherwise) is obligated to meet with another unless that member makes such obligation for himself/herself. And even then, such missed obligations are addressed on a case-by-case basis.