How do you lift yourself during this virus recession?

things are bad, people losing jobs. You lose your job, you lose your health insurance. No health insurance you catch covid-19 and you will end up with $30,000 hospital bills, +rent bills, +utility bills, + no job. I feel sorry for everyone

Comments

• edited March 2020

"You lose your job, you lose your health insurance" - only in the USA! Older people on Medicare, don't lose their health insurance since that's not linked to employment.

• The UK has the NHS, "free at the point of delivery" ; in other words, we all pay collective insurance.

This is one of the reasons so many people try to get to the UK. Think of theme parks, like Disney World. Now imagine that some you queue and pay for each ride, while others you pay to get in then everything is free. Which ones do you think people will try to get themselves smuggled into ?

However, this pandemic is an example where everyone benefits, from everyone having healthcare. I want my sick neighbour to be isolated and treated in hospital, instead of struggling to work every day, passing on the virus.

• First I take some frozen berries and pour them in a ceramic bowl. Then I pour some half and half in there. In no time the berries and h&h freeze together, but not solid. It's like fruity ice cream with no added sugar. : )

• I'll bet the UK is just drowning in health expenses right? Haha. I saw a video of UK people being shocked at what our uS people pay for our health care system.

• I am lucky and am still getting paid, but there are hourly workers that can't take a month off. With unemployement and the stimilus I hope everyone can pull through.

• @AceCuddlerMike I'll be right over.

• I am practicing as hard as I can to be the biggest a-hole possible because I have yet to see a real a-hole die from Covid-19.

• I am sleeping on top of my duvet, because most fatalities reportedly had "underlying conditions".

• [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)
    edited March 2020

I try to keep hydrated. I take extra vitamin C. I try to eat healthy when I can find fresh food I don't have to drive long distances for. I still take my walks. I still laugh. I cuddle myself when I can. And I just do me.