Where did you think the covid-19 virus really originate?

2»

Comments

• I've been following this closely since it started, and done a ton of research on it, reading, watching, discussing... most likely it came from one of these wild game markets which are generally illegal but still happen a lot, including in China. Most likely COVID-19 came out of a Wuhan wild game market.

There's a good news documentary where the reporters visited some of them in different regions, and you'd be appalled at what's going on, and that there's basically no consideration for germs and hygiene.

I've heard so many rumors about the virus being man-made, but the preponderance of evidence just doesn't validate it, and neither does basic logic, considering it's not a particularly effective weapon... if you think it was intentional though, put the evidence up on a video or site, but all of what I've seen about that just leads back to heresy, just some talk show host or blogger making accusations.

• Seriously??? I will say that it was by alien technology. Since we all creating conspiracy theories here.

• In the UK, three 5G cellphone masts have been set alight recently, on the strength of a rumour that they caused or exacerbated Covid-19 symptoms.

Fake news isn't just stupid, it can have serious consequences. When the source is misinterpreted religion, we call it radicalisation to terrorism.

It is true that production of Corona beer has stopped, but only because it isn't an essential industry.

• It’s 5g killing people, not a virus.

• @JadeGreen
    Anyone worried about mobile phone signals, wouldn't be foolish enough to use one.

We has all this scaremongering about earlier generation phone signals ; people either choose to believe it, or they don't.

• It originated in Fiji, from a mixture of coconut DNA and shark excrement.

• Didn't they say it's a mutation? The origin must go way back than we think.

• Here's my take, for what it's worth.

Human beings are the evolutionary-selected mutations, of the first ever single-celled organism. The points along that chain, at which we say we were a particular named intermediate creature, are determined only by how we choose to define them.

Viruses have been around a long time, but they are short-lived, so each one soon degrades ; and they only survive as a "species", by having a living species which has : cells it can hijack, and a lifestyle which can pass it from one host to another.

In a sense, human DNA is a virus ; the difference being that when the male sperm breaks into the female egg, it does not produce identical copies of itself ; it instead creates a hybrid of the genetic strings of the sperm and egg. It is like having a blue-backed deck of cards and a green-backed deck of cards ; and selecting a card from one deck or the other in turn, to create a new deck, some of which are blue-backed, and the rest green.

In some cases, this hybrid is more suited to the "environment", than were either of the original strings ; so a proportion of each string is perpetuated, and the DNA of both parents partly lives on. It is a symbiotic, rather than an invasive, relationship ; and both parties typically seek a partner that they think has a good genetic strain, even if they call it something else.

The mutation that created Covid-19, was when a coronavirus which cannot latch onto and break into human cells, became one which could. Bats and pangolins are suspected as being the host species of the precursor to Covid-19, because they host coronaviruses which are genetically similar.

It is likely that the original bat or pangolin ( assuming that was the method ) is dead. In any case, the interaction of these species with humans, is much rarer than the interaction of one human to another.

Social distancing has ( in some countries ) reduced the human-human transmission rate to below 1, mimicking a human society in which each couple has fewer than 2 children, who go on to have children of their own. Each "generation" reduces the population, and hence the number of new cases, and hence the number of new deaths.

The source creature, whatever it is, probably only had one opportunity to pass its virus onto a human host. With better luck, it would have died first. Perhaps such mutations are commonplace ; and the lesson we should learn, is that human society needs to practice better "social distancing" from certain wild animals.

Rhinoceros are endangered species, because they contribute to "traditional" medicine, and humankind might regret if they became extinct. I think pangolins are similarly valued ; but in this case, the situation did not simply endanger the pangolin species.

• It started in the Bat-cave

• "It started with a kiss,
    I never thought it would come to this"
    Hot Chocolate