Where did you think the covid-19 virus really originate?

So who is patient 0, and how did it spread? Kindly send your thoughts and opinions

Comments

• https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus#tab=tab_1

These are the facts from the world health organization

• The answer is they do not know for sure but they think that it started at an open air market in China. But no one knows for sure. And does it really matter now?

• Not sure and won't drive myself nuts trying to figure it out or will end up needing one of these.

• Please. No more threads adding to paranoia. Just dont.

• Maybe I am missing something because I don't watch the news, but I don't understand what this thread is about?

• This thread only has one purpose.

• [Deleted User]outdoordude28 (deleted user)

From a Chinese lab!!! Either someone released or it somehow accidentally escaped from the lab!! They where probably screwing around with different kinds of viruses!! Biological warfare!!

• sigh....posts like these ...

• @Melancholy
    "posts like these ..." are a good way to identify trolls.

It's a pity that carriers of Covid-19 can't be identified so easily, but any information is useful.

• This guy predicted the pandemic and explained where coronaviruses comes from over a decade ago in this video. He is doing a webinar 4/8 which is available free the next day for a non-profit organization.

https://nutritionfacts.org/video/pandemics-history-prevention/

• In 1994, Tom Clancy published "Debt of Honour" which ends with an airliner being deliberately crashed into the United States Capitol Building, 7 years before 9/11.
    Everything that happens, does so according to someone's pet theory.

Perhaps those who predict disasters, should put more effort into thinking about what to do when they occur.

Similarly, all those Climate Change protesters, could spend their days more usefully by improving carbon-free ways of generating power.

This news just in, about a medical breakthrough which might significantly reduce the fatality rate :
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52087002

The "SETI at home" project uses people's idle PC capacity to analyse radio signal data. Perhaps everyone who has a 3-D printer at home, could be asked to manufacture components for vital medical devices. The design for a DIY gun circulated fast enough.

Apocalypse "survivalists" seem to focus only on how they and their family will cope with a disaster. Perhaps the lesson here, is that only a collective response will work, some Amazon tribes people have been so isolated, that they have no natural immmunty to common ailments, and contact with anyone else could be fatal. Hiding out in the wilderness for a few years, might not be a good strategy.

• I'm more interested where the Spanish Flu started and what measures we're taking to protect Spanish-Americans against violent attacks.

• it is an American-made bio-weapon

• [Deleted User]outdoordude28 (deleted user)

@sergi4011
    Then why did it come out of China then?!?It's a Chinese made bioweapon!!

• Most likely cause: Originated in a Chinese "wet market" in Wuhan. Bat faeces got near a pangolin. Then the pangolin transmitted to people through proximity, or by being eaten. Covid type virusses are common in bats.

Conspiracy theory cause: seems much less likely. But the virus coincided with stocks and other assets reaching an unsustainable bubble. It could have been released on purpose, to drive down stocks and other assets, so the vultures can move in and buy them up. Hate to admit it, but i am doing that now,

• @sergi4011 Chinese propaganda is suggesting that the virus comes from the west. They are doing that to move blame, from their lack of control over Chinese meat products, in wet markets. I hope wet markets are shut down after the virus. I read that the Chinese government are already banning Cat and Dog meat, with fears over safety.

• @outdoordude28 it was planted there during the Wuhan military games.

• @alphares
    The aim of a weapon is to damage your enemy far more than yourself, so if the US planted it in China, they would have been better prepared for when it got back to them.

• There was a Dean Koontz novel back in the '80s, "The Eyes of Darkness". The story played out almost the exact timeline we are on now (except the time from infection to illness was much faster). Was originally written to have originated in Russia, and then edited a few years later to China. Called the bug the Wuhan 400. Kinda eerie for a story written almost 40 years ago, or maybe we're just that predictable.

• @geoff1000 because it was an accident . There was spillage that happened in Fort Detrick . It was not supposed to be out . That is why Fort Detrick has been closed by CDC in August .

• @alphares
    So you're saying the US has had 7 months to work out how to combat it, and yet now has more cases than any other country ?

Can you explain how it took at least 3 months to get to Wuhan, without spreading fast everywhere ?

I'd have thought that beating a virus, would be child's play, compared to creating one.

• @geoff1000 of course . Nobody worked to contain it . It was covered up

• @alphares
    And how did a virus spillage end up in Wuhan, without affecting thousands of people along the way ? It can only live a few days outside a human body ; and inside a human body, it causes obvious symptoms.

I am reminded of the UK newspaper headline : "World War 2 Bomber Found On The Moon" followed a few days later by "World War 2 Bomber Disappears From The Moon".

• There are covid-19 positive with no symptoms, or only get mild symptoms

• @alphares
    To get to Wuhan, thousands of people would be affected by a "contained spillage" ; and the data says a significant proportion of them, would have severe symptoms.
    I think the data says that it is those with severe symptoms, or who go on to develop severe symptoms, who are the most infectious ; if their body isn't making more virus, and they aren't coughing or sneezing, they won't be passing it on very effectively.

The medical profession is very under-stating ; a patient is described as "comfortable" if they are in manageable pain. "Mild symptoms" are those that most of us would wish to avoid, and we'd probably take a day off sick regardless of the 7-day rule.

I think we are in danger of following Richard Dawkins, who said it is impossible to prove there are no invisible unicorns. The burden of proof must surely lie, with those who contend they exist.

During WW2, many secrets were well kept : The Manhattan Project, and Bletchley Park. In peacetime, it is rather more difficult.

• edited April 2020

Deleted.

• Oh yay, conspiracy theories to accompany growing hysteria. Just what we all need