Spoonr app (cuddlr)

[Deleted User]SnuggleSymmetry (deleted user)
Have any of you ever heard of the Spoonr app? If yes then what are your thoughts or experience?

Comments

• Have it, seems to work, no responses.
  • [Deleted User]Stark_t (deleted user)
    Never received one response. Finally Uninstalled. At least can make some real connections over time here.
  • [Deleted User]SnuggleSymmetry (deleted user)
    It's confusing. It could sure use some improvement. It would be cool if CC had its own app.
  • It would be cool, but no more effective.Honing up  on social skills probably is a better use of time.
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    Cuddlr was apparently a legitimate app, but I strongly suspect that Spoonr is fake. Every single profile picture looks like an airbrushed professional photo shoot. I tried a reverse image search on a few of them and they came up as stock photos. It seems like it's just a scam to get you to try their non-free alternative to Tinder.
  • i tried the app, and i do wonder if some of the profiles are fake. I noticed some profiles are duplicated. Either the woman set up two profiles, or there are some space fillers. I have send out a few requests, but no responses. I did actually get a man send a request in the beginning, but I am straight. Its a technically interesting app, just very quiet.
    After three weeks with the app I finally had my invite accepted by a cute girl. She gave me her number. Hope that it works out.
  • [Deleted User]Sunflowerfield (deleted user)
    I got in touch with someone through Spoonr. We haven't met yet, but I hope we do soon. I think it's a legit app and can be very effective for meeting local platonic cuddlers.
  • I used the app a few months ago and talked to a few men, had one bad experience and never went back. It made me think that people just see it as a hookup site. 

I just checked it out again right now and it seems that there isn't a single person using the site within 100 miles of me, which I don't understand. It has potential, but I don't feel like enough was put into it. 
    @MN0312 tell us about it. Curious (:
  • [Deleted User]CptFalkon (deleted user)
    The spoonr app stinks, no one is active, and there are almost no new people. Besides that being the main issue, having to send a cuddle request to someone and have it accepted to message them just doesn't seem like the greatest idea. As far as my experience goes with that app, it doesn't work at all.
  • Thanks for the heads up. I was able to find spoonr, but based on these reviews I will stay away from it. I was unable to find cuddl. I have an android. Anyone able to direct me to a link?
    @Xenith Spoonr used to be Cuddlr ):
    The app could be better but who ever is in charge sucks at running it. Mostly inactive profiles.
  • Its funny, I just downloaded it yesterday and made my first contact tonight. I learned after a pretty fun *2 1/2 hour* chat session exactly how bad the lack of basic information in the profiles can lead to an incredible waste of time.
  • A "pretty fun" incredible waste of time, or so it seems from your post :) did the person turn out to be really far away?
  • No... thought I was much younger than I am. Profiles there don't include age.

Not my fault I look incredible for my age lol!
  • @Seamonkey  No... thought I was much younger than I am. Profiles there don't include age.
    Not my fault I look incredible for my age lol!

Looking incredible for your age is a problem many would like to have  :) I personally don't care about age, but some people do. My understanding is that the app creators wanted people to consider cuddling with people outside a narrow age range. I still don't think it would hurt to put age as an option. It's probably not going to bother the people who don't care about age to see a number. Those who do care will probably just ask about age anyway.
  • Agreed. Of course another good reason to include age is because a whole lot of users of that app appear to be minors.
  • [Deleted User]GAguy (deleted user)
    I tried using the app but it's not that great. You can't message someone until after they accept your request and vice versa. And then it expires in an hour and you have to start the whole process over again. There were a handful of people on there I sent requests to, and only one accepted my request, but never answered my messages.
    I finally deleted that useless app. The owner should be sued for such a crap app!
  • So it sounds like Spoonr is a bust then? darn...
  • The one hour window is a real problem.  I've also found some... inconsistencies... with the profiles.

If I reduce my area down to 10 miles or less, i suddenly see a wide selection of gorgeous young ladies who never show up when my search radius is 20 miles or more...  These same gorgeous women seem to be available at that close radius no matter where I go... even hundreds of miles away.  I need to try contacting more of them. No response so far.
    The one hour window is crap.
  • I downloaded the app, and after trying for three weeks reaching out over 50 times with no response, I gave up and deleted the app.