Will Cuddling Return to Normal?

2»

Comments

• just my own personal thought, I see a break from isolation coming as the weather warm up but possibly going back into isolation toward late fall until the vaccine gets approved. I am watching how New York handling their situation.

Platonic cuddling was already hard enough for these professionals concerning safety and now this.

• NO. Covid-19 will be with us forever like the seasonal flu.

• edited April 2020

And if it is with us forever things won't turn to normal unless there is a vaccine. They can talk all they want about treatments coming in the future but are most people really going to risk getting this terrible virus and then have to rely on treatment to hopefully be cured? Even though the majority who get infected from it won't die most people don't want to play Russian roulette.

• it depends how peoples immunity to the virus works, which is not yet clear. If you get it once, survive, then become immune long enough for the winter repeat, then cuddling will return to normal. Most people will catch it at some point. All isolation does is reduce current pressure on the health services.

• The danger to cuddling comes, if immunity does not last long enough for the winter repeat. Or if the virus mutates.

• @alexb2 Good point. Slowing the spread also allows them more time to figure out better treatments. I'm hoping by the time I get it, they've found a magic pill, lol. Seriously though, hopefully they'll at least find something that makes it a little less frightening. 😇

@snugbuddy Treatment options definitely make a difference. I think if they find better treatment options, the symptoms will hopefully be less awful, complications reduced, and death rate hopefully significantly lower (after all, there are currently lots of ways we can get sick and die, but we do t necessarily worry about most of those enough to stay clear of other people entirely). I have no choice but to hope the situation seems less dire at some point well before a vaccine is available. This is my entire life and work. I have a hard enough time not working or seeing my clients for this time period. I can't even fathom it for an entire year... Can you imagine finally finding your life's purpose at 35, but have to completely drop it at 37? I struggled with depression my whole childhood, early adulthood was ok, but since a close friend passed away in 2012, I had really been working towards a more fulfilling "no regrets" life. I finally made the big leap in 2017 and it's been the life since then. Especially the past seven months since buying my RV. I have been entirely happy more than ever in my life before. I definitely want to get back to my life as normal... I am not ready to even start thinking about what else I would do or where I would go... 😞

• *It would also be really helpful if testing were easily available, like @Melancholy mentioned. That would be huge. A dream would be if everyone could be tested, since so many are asymptomatic. And if they discover once you have antibodies, you're mostly good, then if the test shows that, you have much less to worry about...

• A negative test result only means you were negative at the time of the test. You may not be negative the day after.

• @UKGuy
    They are referring to an antibody teat, where a "positive" result means you have had it, so are protected from it.

A test for appendicitis, won't say you didn't just catch it ; but a test for appendix removal, says you can't get it.

• It will take time, but I believe that one day things will return to normal. No pandemic in history has lasted forever, no matter how severe.

I have also heard discussion of a possible "immunity passport" or "immunity certificate" where those who have contracted the virus and recovered can show that they have the antibodies and are safe to go out into society. Of course we will need to be absolutely sure that those people are in fact immune and not still capable of passing it on.

• edited April 2020

Yes; coronavirus has been around for like 10 years, just this version is particularly bad... it could evolve into meaninglessness or hit back in waves, or even return worse, but there'll be more treatments and cures and innoculations over time. Cuddling in person will return, but our social standards will be impacted for a while, and our habits may change a bit ultimately.

• I really hope that things return to normal, but I’m mentally preparing for the opposite, as there is a reasonable probability that Covid19 becomes endemic.

As the saying goes: “Plan for the worst, hope for the best.”

• Well sex workers are seeing clients still regardless of the virus
    So I assume cuddlers follow the same standards

• @Handyandy1994 I’ll tell you right now pro cuddlers that actually care to follow the rules of the site do not follow the same standards as sex workers. A lot of us have stated that we will not be physically cuddling while this is happening. Please don’t throw us in the same category as sex workers. I know that some pros are still cuddling but the majority of the ones I talk to on this site are steering clear of cuddling. We are not sex workers, do not compare us to them. If some are offering you sex, you need to report them or get off this site...

• @Sheena123
    That might be the wrong "handyandy", though they could be aliases.

I wonder how @handyandy3001 knows that sex workers are still seeing clients.

I also wonder if their "rules of engagement" are still the same ; some very non-platonic activity can occur, even when the parties are physically separated.

• [Deleted User]SoulcuddlerZ (deleted user)

To address this comment: the bad actor behind @handyandy3001 is known to create accounts just to troll the site and its members. Once it became clear who he was, this comment was no surprise to me.

• Lol I knew it was the same person 😹

• [Deleted User]Softsupport (deleted user)

Of course it will return back to normal. Nothing can replace touch. Except for those that can’t touch for whatever reason. At least they have an outlet through virtual cuddling. Where they can get some healthy interaction whereas they might have had none.

• Luckily in my town we have had very few COVID cases, but in other parts of Australia we are having a second wave. I think that cuddling will return to normal faster in my area than in other parts of the nation. I can imagine that the situation may be different in other countries due to a higher number of cases, so I can't speak on that.