Clowns?

Do you like clowns? Are they frowned upon?

Comments

• Are you talking figuratively like the President or literally?

• [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)
    edited April 2020

• Scary or funny i like clowns 💗

• @Bles I think he's referring to actual circus clowns ... Funny makeup , big shoes , & colorful wigs and what not ...

edited April 2020

• can't remember the last time I stimulated my brain with a good book. Thank you, I needed that.

• edited April 2020

I think people think it’s cool to be “terrified “ of clowns . Like it’s some hipster right of passage. While I think some people may genuinely be afraid , the majority say it to say it.

• Stephen King's "It" has a lot to answer for. Like the shower scene in Psycho, or so many similar movies ; "It" took something ordinary, and made it scary.

In my day, it was the Child Catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, who I believe in the movie used an ice-cream van.

• Interesting timing for this thread as last night I rewatched The Dark Knight, first time since it came out in 2008. Man, Heath was great in that. He wasn't a clown, but still....wanna know how I got these scars? : o

• edited April 2020

I like Krusty the Clown and Side Show Bob.

• Nope.
    That's a hard pass for me. 🙃

• Clowns can be entertaining when they engage in fun little magic tricks or sketch shows. I've had seen some perform and put on smiles in children's faces... however, I think most people are put off by their make up and over the top foolish behavior.

• Mr. Noodle is pretty awesome, imo.

edited April 2020

"****"

• I was really drunk when I posted this thread lol. I was in the middle of replacing a fuel pump and did not successfully finish the installation of the new fuel pump lol. I'm a very cuddly clown and nice. Don't be afraid of clowns : (

• Replacing a fuel pump while drinking? Be careful you don't wind up with petrol spraying on your windshield!

• edited April 2020

The dang fuel pump is inside the tank itself and the only way to access it, is to drop the tank. I'm going to use a transfer pump in the morning to remove remaining gas so it's easier to lower the tank on my hydraulic jack

• @creek12
    When I changed a gas tank, I had nowhere to put 10 gallons, so went house to house giving it away.

• edited April 2020

We should have a Clown tournament with brackets like March Madness:

John Gacy vs Emmett Kelly
    Pennywise vs Bozo
    And so on....

• @creek12 - That's one up side to trucks. It's easier to take the bed off than to drop the gas tank. The down side is that it is usually all one piece for the fuel pump and fuel gauge sensor. Crazy expensive. Good luck getting it going-

• My 15 year old Discovery 2 had an access plate in the rear compartment. This was very useful when the fuel pump failed on the morning of January 31st one year ; with all garages closing at noon for the holiday, and me needing to use it on New Year night.

• Yeah my 95 honda civic has a panel underneath the seat which is very convenient. I'm working on my grandfather's 98 ford taurus and only way to get to it is to drop the tank :(. It's kinda cold this morning and it looks like it might rain

• Yeah my Volvo has a panel called a door that I access and inside that door is a mechanic that fixes my car. Lol

• I have 2 Ford's broken down in my driveway. Does that tell you something LOL! My roommates ford focus doesn't crank and I believe it's the ignition switch.

• Gugugaga, I'm not sure.

• I almost want to cuddle with it