RIP BILL WITHERS "QUIET MAN" OF SOUL

[Deleted User]ImajenMoon (deleted user)

At the risk of sounding rather heartless, I don't usually have much of a reaction to the news of a celebrity's passing. This one hit a nerve, though.

The soundtrack to some of the most romantic, exciting times of my life was always heavily loaded with this man's voice! With songs like "Just the Two of Us," "Lean on Me," and "Ain't No Sunshine," his words, voice, and music were always there... Thankfully, we still have his gift to enjoy. "Aw, just keep on usin' me.....Until you use me up!!!" Woooooooo..... heehee

RIP, Mr. Withers. You WILL be missed!

Imajen

Comments

• [Deleted User]outdoordude28 (deleted user)

• One of my favorite songs is lovely day. Im so sad. 😢 i just feel like it added on to the load of crap this world is going through. At least his legacy will live on through his music. Such a beautiful voice.

• @outdoordude28 I still have that 45 record/single.....somewhere

• [Deleted User]ImajenMoon (deleted user)

When I saw your screen name, for the first time, that was the song that came to mind! You're a great addition to the forum!

Thank you for honoring, and acknowledging the passing of, so great a Talent!

Imajen

• @ImajenMoon thanks so much for your kind words and recognition. It feels good to be back on CC for a lil bit while my life is at a slower pace. 😁 peace and light to you!

• I have a fond memory of seeing Bill Withers at Constitution Hall in DC. The man was a gifted storyteller. I hope that you have seen the documentary "Still Bill." Also the CD Bill Withers Live at Carnegie Hall is available, and a gem. Check out his acceptance speech being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2015. It is poignant and typical Bill.

• [Deleted User]ImajenMoon (deleted user)

Hey, @DreamSweet ~
    Wow---I'll bet that was amazing, seeing him perform! Totally understand why that might be a fond memory!
    I think I'd better stick with written materials about him, for now. To watch a recording of him, smiling and speaking wouldn't be a good idea, yet! lol

Thanks for the references, though. They'll be there for me when my mood's a little better, and when Life doesn't feel so very 'locked down'!
    Imajen

P.S., Peace and Light to you, too, LD!