Auto blocking and identification of pros; feature request which should be a requirement.

edited April 2020 in General

All of the messages I've received since I joined this site looking for cuddle buddies are from pros trolling for bookings. I'm sick of it. I can't see if someone is a pro unless I view their profile. There should be some sort of identifier if someone is a pro where I don't have to view their profile. Ideally an auto blocking option where pros can't see your profile if you don't want a pro. I can search for non-pros. I'm a retired IT pro. It's trivial code to add this to the site.

I'm not interested in pros. I know what I can get here. I joined this site for social networking that may result in having cuddle buddies.

I want a prescreening and auto blocking feature for pros. This probably won't happen because of the revenue this site generates from having a pro network.

MOD Edit: Your particular reason for not wanting to deal with professional cuddlers does not need to be seen, at least on the forum. [SoulcuddlerZ]

Comments

• Them is fighting words. Beware of the wrath you just incurred.

• Whether you add the word nonsexual before the word prostitution or not, using the word prostitution is an insult. I’m all for decriminalizing sex work everywhere but it doesn’t mean that pros like to be compared to that line of work. I’m sorry that some pros are being ignorant to your feelings and are throwing themselves at you, but I’d rather you not hurt the collective with those words. Wrote it in your profile and that should curb some, but not all. Either get used to it or leave. Plus, if you find out they are pros, what’s wrong with letting them know you are just here to make friends. Myself and other pros have so many people on this site that we love to just chat with whether a session comes out of it or not...say what you have to say without “dem fightin words”.

• Yeah it's called "hide pros"
    It's available in your search criteria towards the bottom. 🥱🥱🥱👌

• edited April 2020

@LVLouisCyphre Like others said you can filter results. But if they do pop up in your search there's a pink P in their picture to indicate them. I know " cold calls " as I call them are annoying but I would be careful throwing around the prostitute word.

• I voted yes, even though I'm a pro. If you are that adamantly against professionals, I'm completely fine with you hiding yourself from my view. 😇 That being said, I get your position, but you should know that "pros" here vary a great amount. I have heard enough stories from my clients to know that there are a plethora of ones here just trolling for money. I get it. But there are also some here who genuinely care and charging money allows them to focus their life on it. If I didn't charge, I would have to get another job or start a different business and would simply not have the time to be support and connection for as many people as I do now. It would just be physically and emotionally impossible. But I get the struggle.

• edited April 2020

@hugonehugall They are saying they can see the paid part once the profile is viewed... But not say in the message list, etc.

And yeah, slightly offended by the prostitute bit ;) I don't think they get a huge hug after a session, telling them "Thank you so much, that meant the world to me". However, some on here just do it for the cash. Some do it to help people... and that sucks if you're just getting a whole bunch of the first type messaging you =/

I do message some random people I see in the new users, however I do it to let them know I'm here to answer questions about the site, etc. (I've also had people thank me for messaging them, because they told me they were too shy to message... although that's generally for people who've looked at my profile).

I'm not sure about the blocking portion... however. That "P" that shows up in the search... could show up anywhere your small icon is.

• @hugonehugall I'm not seeing a pink P anywhere. I wonder if it depends on whether online logging into website from computer vs mobile app? But regarding the "hide pros", nope, it doesn't keep a pro from sending you a message which is what the OP is asking for a remedy for. I personally do not mind hearing from pros, as I know I can simply ignore, or say no thanks, or, in some cases, I might say yes if I like her enough. But I get what OP is saying and for that reason I voted yes. I think it would be nice to see a P or some indication on the main profile pic. But if that's an option on my laptop I'm afraid I'm unaware of it.

• @LVLouisCyphre you could have gotten your main point across without the hint at prostitution and happy ending jab. All that really does is insult people and takes away from your point . And it is an insult to equate the pros on here to prostitutes . But I'm sure you know that already, which I'm sure is the reason that you said it , right ?

• @pmvines I think he knew the insult he was making. If that wasn’t in his post, I could have empathized a bit more but when people throw jabs like that not caring how it hurts others, it’s hard to care for their feelings too. So rude...

• It's true, in the US (and I'd guess the UK as well) the majority have a very negative opinion of prostitution. Me, I have a worse opinion of the people who have hoarded respiratory masks and are selling them on ebay and craigslist for a huge profit. People are dying, shelves are bare, to me, that is not a time to be greedy and opportunistic, even in a capitalist society. Still, agree that was uncalled for by OP. On another note.....Nevada has legal prostitution? Is that real? Man, I'm out of touch! Just love these United States, the only time we're united is when we go bully another country.

• You're an IT professional. Try the "hide pros" option. You can also check "show only pros" and systematically block every single one in your state.
    You seem nice.
    I'm sure you will make many friends!

• One piece of advice is that many other folks on here have a hard time finding cuddle pals . Railing against a large portion of the site members in an angry way, whether you feel it's justified or not , will not make things easier for you .

• @AceCuddlerMike it's just one town or county in Nevada. It's great. Should be legalized nationally. A whole lot safer for everyone involved.

• I imagine business people are working on it. Lobbying congress reps, working on patents, trademarks. When our politicians and uber wealthy have everything in place the rest of us will get the news. Same probably goes for a covid19 vaccine, home testing equipment. I mean can we really hope to have these things before the people able to make them available have finalized their plan to best profit from this? Yes? No? Am I being too cynical or too honest? In any case, a subject for another thread.....sorry.

• @AceCuddlerMike The pink "P" only appears on the cuddlers list... (Not on the messages window, or viewers window, etc.) (See P on top right corner of my icon.) If you don't have "Show Pros" turned on there, you won't see anyone with it.

So, maybe if it appeared everywhere... rather than just in that list.
    Although maybe it's to treat everyone equality (in chat / viewers, forum, etc). They're a person before being a Pro (if that makes sense).

• Ok, so in search returns only, for now. Got it. Thank you for the screenshots!

• It would be nice if pros were identified in forum posts with a little 'P' after their username. We shouldn't have to view their profile to find out. It's often necessary to know this to understand the motivation behind different viewpoints.

• @UKGuy that totally makes sense. I agree

• [Deleted User]DisneyPrincess (deleted user)
    edited April 2020

:#

• @UKGuy, one of the smartest comment I have read in the threads.

• Yeah then we could predict what an opinion will be kinda like watching the US congress voting on something

• @UKGuy and @AceCuddlerMike, Brilliantly put.

@pmvines What's wrong with a "happy ending"?

• In the UK, prostitution itself is legal, but many of the "peripheral activities" are not. For instance, It is illegal to "live off immoral earnings" i.e. pimping.
    The awkwardness is that when prostitutes pay tax ( unavoidably on purchases ) anyone paid by the government, including Members of Parliament, are living partly off those earnings.

The most compelling justification for legalisation, as far as I can see, is that it protects the rest of society from the effects of "unmet needs".

I repeatedly tell my co-workers that we should respect those who clean the toilets at work, because it means we don't have to. I believe that prostitutes similarly should be respected, for taking on a task that most of us couldn't stomach.

However, notwithstanding my personal respect for those who follow "the oldest profession" I recognise that some people would be insulted by that. They might like to be told they are attractive, but not with a financial measurement.

• @corona
    "a happy ending" is a euphemism for something that is against the site rules. Nothing wrong with it, if one is not interacting through the site.

In my day, if I partied with some girls and I got "a happy ending", it's because I was 6, and left their birthday celebration with a piece of cake.

The problem with euphemisms, is that when a euphemism becomes too public, that needs a second-generation euphemism, which is less understood ; and so ad infinitum. Eventually, every word and phrase is a euphemism for something rude.

• [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)

@geoff1000 haha. I must say your sense of humor is off the wall.

But it is so true that euphemisms are neat ways to soften often distasteful and unacceptable words and phrases. And like every thing else should never be overused.

And I totally agree that prostitution has served the unmet needs of many. Much acknowledgement should be given to the humanity of those who choose to serve such needs. At the very least show some respect and appreciation for the artistry behind it. That includes the natural beauty that lies within each soul.

• The site is fine the way it has been.

• edited April 2020

Here we go again. You have your reason for not wanting any contact from professional cuddlers - that's one thing. Referring to them as non-sexual prostitutes is where we draw the line. [SoulcuddlerZ]

• Now this has become very interesting 🤔

• [Deleted User]SoulcuddlerZ (deleted user)

TOO BAD!

Closed. 10 APR 2020 00:00 EDT

This discussion has been locked.