Group cuddle session stories

Ive always been intrigued by group cuddle sessions. Ive never engaged in one because i always felt it would be too much sensory overload for me. There was this one time where me and my coworkers all piled on the breakroom couch and had a quick nap session. That was pretty cool 😁

Anyways, has anybody been to cuddle parties or group cuddle sessions? Any good stories or advice for someone who might want to try it in the future?

Comments

• [Deleted User]ImajenMoon (deleted user)

Family pile ups probably don't count, here, but I'm looking forward to trying this, myself! I've heard that there were some being held, regularly, in a city nearby. When this lock down blows over, I'm DEFINITELY trying it!

Until then, however.... options are probably scarce...

• edited April 2020

I've gone to three of them. It was a nice way to get some cuddles when I didn't have enough money to spend on my favorite professional. Since the dynamic is different from one-on-one, I've found it to be an experience in self-discovery. The things that are practiced in the group have application in my everyday life. For example, I'm learning to say yes only when I mean it, and no when that is the honest answer. I'm also learning to ask for things that I want, even though I don't know in advance what the answer will be. I never expected it to be such a fertile place for learning to set and communicate my boundaries.

In addition, it's been nice to meet new people and to spend time cuddling with some of them.

• We had a cuddle party in Orlando a few months ago and it was really great! I enjoyed meeting new people and we all got some great hugs and cuddling in. :)

• [Deleted User]ImajenMoon (deleted user)

@ILikeWarmHugs ~ You look like you'd be one heck of a cuddler! lol I'll bet that was a total blast! @JoyfulHeart~ It's good when our experiences help us find out more about ourselves, isn't it? :)
    @lovelyday43 ~ I hope you get to go to SOME, and get mashed, and squeezed, tickled, and cuddled until you SHINE! Well, as soon as this mess blows over, I mean! I know I certainly plan to! :)

Imajen

• OMGOSH!!!! What a fantastic profile you have @lovelyday43 !!!! You sound absolutely fabulous!!! :) Pancake lover. <3

Goofy, passionate, pancake lover. Love sports, TED talks, and deep conversations. Advocate of spreading healthy affection world wide. Massage therapist with a friendly vibe. Free hugs for life.

It's so fun to see a fellow enthusiast pop-up so that we all know there is beauty around us. Thank you for such an starting such an intriguing post and discussion/questions that follow. :)

I have to agree with @JoyfulHeart I went to my first cuddle party expecting something entirely different than I experienced!! It was so freaking enjoyable on so many levels! It was fun to cuddle with different people and experience all that follows but the self discovery was absolutely amazing and unexpected. Depending on your facilitator of course. Every single party or meetup has a different vibe of course based on the desire of the people there and the person who is coordinating.... but WOW!!! I think I would have to say it was A-MA-ZING!!! Learning about yourself and why we do what we do. Priceless.

• Every cuddle party 🎉 I have ever attended has been awesome! It feels great to connect with many types of people, bond and form new friendships!

• I love that you all piled on the couch and took a nap! I'd say that is a form of cuddling!

And I have been to several and facilitated cuddling for 4 years!

My first one I was nervous to go to as I really didnt know if I'd uphold my boundaries and if I'd feel pressure to do something.

It turned out amazing! I loved it. The 2nd one I was in was filmed for a documentary and within a month I was teaching. As I had such a amazing experience. And I had taught cuddling in some of my classes before. But the difference was in a cuddle you teach a lot about boundaries...how to ask for what you want and say no. For me cuddling is an empowerment practice!

It is scary and intimidating at first and then after the first time or 2 you start to relax into it. And witnessing is participation. So you dont actually have to DO anything. It is all about honoring yourself.

Truth is..cuddling change my life. When people would say no to me on something instead if taking it personally I realized they were taking care of themselves. I learned how to ask for what I want..and leave a cuddle when I was done. It is powerful!

If it feels right to you I'd say try one out. Talk to the teacher beforehand if you are nervous..see if it feels like the right fit! Just honor you! It is a magical practice if it is something you resonate with!
    Bliss!