Easter meal

edited April 2020 in General

Everyone has a preference when it comes to a holiday meal but the main 2 meats that seem to be the go-to for the special dinner is either turkey or ham. We’re doing a big ham today. What’s your preference between the two if you are a meat eater?

If you have something different you make, I’d love to know!! (Maybe even see some recipes?) lol

1. What’s your go-to holiday dinner meat?9 votes
    1. Ham
      77.78%
    2. Turkey
      22.22%

Comments

• Im not a meat eater anymore but growing up we would do lamb or a pot roast. Thanksgiving was turkey and christmas was ham 😁 #memories

• Oh yea I never thought about lamb. I’ve never had lamb for holidays but I remember a lot of people telling me that was their go-to!

I could go for a good prime rib roast.
    @lovelyday43 so what’s your go-to main dish for holidays now?

• I had a toasted bagel with cheddar cheese.

• @UKGuy I actually love eating cinnamon raisin bagels toasted with butter and cheddar cheese. So good 😊

• edited April 2020

I had left over spaghetti !! Me and my mom usually go out to dinner for Easter obviously not this year :anguished:

• For lunch had chicken biryani and beef samosas . For dinner had egg foo young and steamed dumplings . Luckily we still have some takeout joints open

• Threw a small ham in the oven. Made a honey, orange, cinnamon glaze for it. Green beans sautéed in butter, garlic and Asian spice. Garlic mashed potatoes.

• Haven’t had spaghetti in a while! Man, all this sounds awesome! 😋😋😋

• @Sheena123 made it myself & everything 😛😛 🍝

• Ham and devil eggs on Easter always.

• Oh my god I love devilled eggs. Lol wanna have one with me @hugonehugall ? Lol

• Lamb over here 🥳🥳
    I am a little Greek after all.
    Smoked it then baked. 🐣

• Ham sandwiches.

Bought the bread. Bought the ham. Both were already sliced.

The only personal input I supplied, was the appetite.

• I made Toast from France and some venison sausage. Pretty great. Might be a new Easter tradition, minus the quarantine-

• @Sheena123 I'll pass 😬 on the deviled egg but thanks

• @Sheena123 im a huge side dish girl so no need for a main dish but gardein makes a vegan roast which is amazing. Im usually filling up on collard greens, mashed potatoes, mac and "cheese" or yeez, corn pudding l, and stuffing. rubs belly lol

• I love stuffing so much! Sometimes I’ll feel like an absolute dejected pig and I’ll cook up a whole box of stuffing and eat it all! Lol

• I didn't know they were called devilled eggs, but my mother used to often make them for parties or afternoon tea. A sprinkle of paprika was usual.

They are like egg mayonnaise, with an edible spoon. 😀