Does the religion of your cuddle partner matter?

2»

Comments

• At the end of the day, religion is all about faith and belief, and people are entitled to believe whatever they like so long as they don't harm others or persecute you for differing beliefs in the process. So why should religion matter when it comes to this on that basis? Well, I'd prefer not to cuddle someone who has to have literally every part of their skin covered for religious reasons but that's not to say I wouldn't ever try it.
  • Dear All, no no no if you love people, religion has no place in human contact.
    The exchange of life source is universal, a persons belief's  are there own and should never be questioned.
    Enjoy the contact, try to understand and never try to change someone.
    Love John, Auckland NZ
  • No, I don't think religion matters when it come to platonic cuddling and I don't mind letting people know that I am a Christian. However, it's being comfortable enough with mutual respect and trust for each other in order to cuddle is the difficult part.
  • [Deleted User]CuddleBandit (deleted user)
    ^^ So is this guy banned or what!? Why is he still commenting? 
  • @Mark Is there a glitch that allows people to post in the forum despite being banned from the main site?
  • [Deleted User]CuddleBandit (deleted user)
    His comment is now gone. I didn't mean you Angela10 darling (: 
  • edited April 2017
    Yes, there was a bug he discovered that allowed him to re-create his deleted forum account while being banned. This should be fixed now. He seems a really strange one and has declared it his mission to get around the ban. 
  • No it shouldn't . I can be friends with and share experiences with people of all religious and spiritual beliefs. Matters to me no more than a persons hair color, or what type of pizza they like. I know that as an atheist I am usually in the minority, though there are surely more of us then are willing to admit it, to others and to ourselves. So no, it doesn't matter to me.
  • [Deleted User]clumsycuddler (deleted user)
    It doesn't bother me, provided the other person doesn't try to convert me or act negatively towards me afterward. If I sneeze and they throw out a, "God bless you," (I'm referring to any and all beliefs, that's just an example) I'll be fine with it. I might even thank them. It is polite since that example is more of a societal formality I s'pose.
  • [Deleted User]tuttouomo (deleted user)
    edited June 2017
    As we evolve we shed the need for identification and become more concerned with interdependence and acceptance.

To some who haven't evolved yet it matters, to others who only see beauty and spirit vs the dogma passed down for millenniums, it's of no consequence.  

Religion was never intended to separate us, it simply was intended to give us choices on paths towards more acceptance, compassion, and kindness. 

It is our ego and need to feel special, and narcissism that makes it a big deal. 

Everyone on this planet should see the movie "The Shack". 

Kindness and love is all that matters in my book. The rest are just paths towards learning how. 
  • [Deleted User]sudoCuddle (deleted user)
    A person's religion does not concern me, and faith is a topic that I do not talk about with strangers. I understand that a number of people feel more comfortable cuddling with people who share the same faith. This, to me, is the same as preferring to cuddle with people of a certain age, body type, social clique, or gender.
  • edited July 2017
    I don't care about the other persons religion just as long as they don't try and bring it up/talk about/discuss it in any way. Also, if possible, I'd much prefer not to walk into any overly religious scene.

I think we should keep all the sections as they are here on CC because while it may not be that big a deal to some.. Others may not feel comfortable with someone that contradicts their lifestyle. It's also about compatibility. Gotta have stuff to talk about ya know.
  • To me, it's less a matter of what the person's religion is and more a matter of knowing how they describe themselves. I literally have a degree in religious studies. And philosophy. So a person's religious background gives me a starting point to understanding who the person is and why the person developed into that who.

I've had really great conversations with people who've shared a religious journey similar to mine, and also with those whose journey has been very different. Rarely, however, have I been able to connect well with people who reject spirituality in favor of strict rationality.

• Opinion:
    I like seeing all the religions listed in profiles, the more info the better you get to know a person!!!!!

• [Deleted User]James_inmedford (deleted user)

I am way more interested in the comfort factor than religion. I was surprised to see it in the profile section.

• It'd be nice if Wiccan or Pagan was included. "Other" doesn't quite cut it.

• Wait, Pagan/Wiccan isn't included? I didn't fill out anything because I'm sort of a mix of a few religions at this point, but I'm surprised that such a significant religious inclination isn't included. I have quite a few pagan friends.

• Never talk or bring it into conversation .. someone bound to get upset

• @twinkletoes That may be true of religious extremists, but I seriously doubt that it is true in general. I've talked with a lot of people about religion without anyone getting upset.
    ♥ Jim

• If I'm looking for a potential mate then I want someone that is somewhat like minded. When cuddling with someone in a platonic setting, I don't care what their differences are. I can enjoy this person for the beauty of their mind , their spirit and their contact with me. It's very pure.

• [Deleted User]VIPirate (deleted user)

No, but I've never been super religious. Besides, along with politics, it's one of those topics I find better left alone. ;)

• [Deleted User]StarFlower (deleted user)

@Sideon @JT1980 Bit of a surprise, yeah. Might be best either not to have the tab or just have it fill-in-the-blank. My response would be: Californian.

As for bringing it up during cuddling, I'll give a response a la Lana Kane from Archer: NOOOOOOPE!