Does the religion of your cuddle partner matter?

[Deleted User]SnuggleSymmetry (deleted user)
I don't see what part religion plays in cuddling. Maybe in a dating website it does. Religion and cuddling should be separated. Anyone agree?

Comments

• [Deleted User]SnuggleSymmetry (deleted user)
    In my opinion there should be no religion section in CC.
  • To me it matters only in the sense that we'd have one more important thing in common. Even in cuddling it's nice to have reasonable amount of rapport with your partner. It's not a deal breaker for me, but it might be for someone looking for a like-minded cuddle partner. There's the option to leave it blank. it would be nice if it didn't matter, ever.
  • I'm the devil and I think it should be removed so that I can convince all the religiously committed to cuddle and come over to the dark side.
  • [Deleted User]Sunflowerfield (deleted user)
    Personally I like people to be aware that I'm a Christian, because I have a conservative sexual ethic and I don't want people to push my boundaries for anything sexual. I think that people should respect each other's boundaries anyway when it comes to platonic cuddling - regardless of worldview - but it helps for people to see that it's important to me.
  • [Deleted User]CompanionAnne (deleted user)
    I come from a very alternative, very tolerant, spiritual background. I think that if someone is taking comfort in their religious beliefs, then that's okay. That's a good part of what religion and spirituality are there for. Being an adaptive cuddler means slipping into the role a little if someone needs that kind of comfort.  ||  Where I draw the line is someone expecting me to take those same, exact comforts. I don't tolerate people pushing their beliefs on me very well. I give tolerance, and I expect it in return.

• The question of religion may give you an idea of how much  of your upbringing you might share with your potential partner, But let me share a little secret, the need for touch is a human need that transcends religion.if you have the opportunity to hug someone of a different religion, you will find a commonness with someone with a different religion that you might not ever experience firsthand and upfront if you stick only with your people of your own religion. If you want all the world to start acting like were all brothers and sisters this is powerful first step.On the other hand, if you don't want this, stick with your own. If you want but find yourself struggling with the idea, would it be easier if you just don't know another person's religion before you contact them or they contact you?
  • The religion of anyone I meet doesn't concern me, obviously in some cases it may mean cuddle buddies have to cover up a specific area, for example hair or legs or whatever but I'll respect this so long as I get respect back. I'm not really religious myself but I'm open to any beliefs people may have so long as they don't lead to harming anyone. If you're not open to beliefs other than your own then I wouldn't advise meeting anyone from here of other religions, even if you're just meeting for cuddles there's a good chance you won't get along.
  • edited June 2016
    Religion doesn't matter to me in cuddling. The only thing that matters to me is that we can respect each other's boundaries. I have found that putting Christian as the religion does not prevent people from pushing boundaries for anything sexual, at least not here in the US. So, I would definitely communicate boundaries up front. It can help prevent frustration for everyone.
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    Doesn't matter with me . I'm Pedestrian.
    ( cuddle with those from all walks of life )
  • It doesn't matter to me. Everyone needs hugs and cuddling. 
  • Everyone needs some lovin' , so I would say religion doesn't matter at all ^-^. Just the person
  • [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)
    I'm with @Rei and @snuggle554321 - doesn't matter to me.  Same as race, age or height. Just gimme muh cuddlez!
  • No matter to me. We are all human and have a need to connect at an intimate level with others. It's when we as humans fail to do so when other things like anger, depression, sadness, rage and for some folks, even worse (psychotic and criminal behavior for example) may manifest itself.
  • It makes no difference to me, but I don't mind the religion field on the CC profile. It's a part of your identity, after all. What really bothers me is the Children section. Why? What does this have to do with anything?
  • [Deleted User]TFHK (deleted user)
    Nope. It's not like I'm here to date anyone. As long as it's not a Satanist, lol.
  • [Deleted User]Victoria92 (deleted user)
    I am also of the opinion that religion doesn't matter when cuddling. However, I would never cuddle a person who sides with the Thalmor.
  • @Victoria92 nice! Besides how can I mingle with such snobby Elven elitists!
    I spent an unhealthy amount of I time on that game...
    @rei is now my new best friend. Same on the unhealthy amount of time I've spent on that game. Do you play on pc or Xbox?
  • Does not matter at all. 
  • @Victoria92 By the Nine, I've spent far too long in Tamriel! Steam says 856 hours (and still counting) in Skyrim, and I know I spent nearly that much playing Oblivion. My favorite YouTuber, Many A True Nerd, has started a new, almost tutorial-like series on Skyrim recently that I've had to quit watching because of all the stuff that he either doesn't know or is horribly clumsy with.
  • [Deleted User]Alternis (deleted user)
    You haven't played skyrim until you have done an unarmed badass viking run.
    Dental appointments for everyone.
  • If you're going unarmed, go for Kajiit. Those claws will make your enemies' teeth the least of their worries. Cat people for the win!

@Mailleweaver @Alternis I love you guys!
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    I don't discriminate against anyone against anyone in any aspect of my life so no the religion of my cuddle partner does not matter to me.
  • Jeez @Mailleweavor! That is Insanity! But then again, I played on console for 400 hours and omigosh on PC, God only knows how long. I got lost in the modding world for a little bit there lol xD. Mods make the game way too addicting..that and making them too.
  • I dont see anything wrong with religion being mentioned on a profile. Like Murphy Said, just one more thing in common, or conversation starter. But honestly nobody has ever talked religion with me during a cuddle sesh xP
  • [Deleted User]CuddleBandit (deleted user)
    Then in that case we should add politics as well ^^ One more thing in common or a conversation starter. You see, we should strive to erase the dating website image from CC. There are a lot of people that think CC is a dating website. 
  • [Deleted User]navyvet76 (deleted user)
    Yeah, while i agree it is not a dating site there has to be some rapport between both parties involved. No conversation would be pretty boring to me.
  • I dont think It shouldnt be avoided as a topic.Just like everything else in cuddling, Its all preference. If you don't want to talk about it, just say so. :)

I'm a very spiritual person, so even if I don't talk religion, I offer tarot cards, and oracle card readings, and would like to know what not to say, obviously if a christian was doing the oracle cards, I wouldn't talk about reincarnation like its a huge thing. I respect everyone's religion. <3 I think its a beautiful thing to be religious, it just gets warped by people, and beliefs. but most religions are just trying to be "not shitty" its all subjective to each own religion because everyone has a different outlook. So I think its kinda cool to know, but again. All preference.

• Race, religion, politics, nothing matters when I'm cuddling with a nice lady.  I'm more interested in what she will wear when we cuddle. Smile.