Pros: Would you cuddle with somebody who you like cuddling with, but can no longer pay you?

[Deleted User]Robert87 (deleted user)

Let's say you cuddle with somebody for two or three times. Let's say at the end of the second or third visit the client says they can no longer afford to pay you your fees. Would you still cuddle with them or would you just never see them again since they can't afford to pay you?

Comments

• Well, despite a comment you made in another thread saying being a pro cuddler isn’t a job, it is to me. Your comments make me think there’s almost no point in answering you but to humour others who are curious, it is a job to me. A very enjoyable job but still a job. So I stay professional and keep a line. Anyone that books with me knows I’m happily married so keeping that professional line lets cuddlers know that I will not cuddle if I don’t get paid. Same as asking anyone to give you freebies for what they do for a living. Plus, the site only allows us to drop our price down to $40/hour so no, we couldn’t give freebies. I have become close friends with quite a few of my cuddlers. One I sing karaoke with. One I play pool with and almost all my cuddlers end up with free time with me having an awesome conversation outside of cuddling. I give this extra time for free. They all know well enough that I won’t cuddle during this free time but I genuinely love spending time with these cuddlers. I even have it on my profile that if price is an issue, we can figure something out to make it easier so they can still get some cuddles. And I always message back and I invest a lot of time into every single one.

You may have it in your mind that this isn’t an actual job but tell that to all of us. I can’t force you to change your mind and I won’t. Just because I absolutely love it doesn’t mean it isn’t a job, but it is not something I will do for free. My husband supports me and knows cuddling is a job but once I start giving out free hours of cuddles (which we aren’t allowed to do anyways based on site rules) it stops being a job and that’s not ok with myself and my husband. I keep my morals and I don’t cross that line.

If you have any other questions, I would love to answer them provided it’s asked respectfully.

• [Deleted User]Robert87 (deleted user)

Sorry, but cuddling isn't a job and it is not a way to make a living unless you do it to fully support yourself (I imagine you can't fully support yourself by cuddling). I imagine you're not making 30, 40, 50k, a year. It's like me saying it's a job to mow by elderly neighbor's lawn. She insists on giving me money and I take it to be nice, but it's definitely not a job to me.

The problem with your analogy to you comparing yourself to other lines of work is you don't sell anything. You won't lose anything if you cuddle with somebody for free. Nothing is being taken from you.

It's really awkward hearing you talk about "free time" with people. I can't imagine paying somebody to spend time with me because it is never a genuine relationship. I never realized women charge men to video chat with them in a platonic nature. What's even more awkward is it's timed.

What do you mean you're not allowed to cuddle for free? Of course you can cuddle for free. That's really sad you would lose out with a genuine cuddle session and it's all about money to you.

• It’s sad you’re so close minded. Just because I don’t make a certain salary yearly doesn’t take away the fact it’s a job but you have your opinions so have at it.

Like I said, I fully enjoy it so it’s not all about the money, but I certainly wouldn’t do it for free because of the reasons I stated clearly to you already. One goal in life is to have a job making money doing what you love and that’s what I have. Trash it all you like but just because you see no value in it doesn’t mean others can’t.

I’ll attach a pic of one of the rules here stating you can’t go lower than $40/hour (as in free). Take it how you want. I hope you can find an enthusiast that you’ll treat respectfully. It’s obvious I won’t receive that from you so I’ll assume any reply after this is trolling.

Good luck.

Nobody is forcing you to be a pro. That's why I said you can cuddle for free if you wanted to.

Again, it's very strange to ask people for money to spend time with you to go shopping, concert, etc. That's what sugar babies do. There's nothing wrong with being a sugar baby, but you do the same things they do. Of course you are going to deny that.

edited May 2020

So I assume you put cuddling on your résumé, LinkedIn, etc? I assume all your friends and family know you get paid to cuddle and get paid for video chatting and get paid to accompany people to a concert, etc?

"One goal in life is to have a job making money doing what you love and that’s what I have."

It's not a job unless you can fully support yourself. You have something that you do that makes extra money. You probably can't even afford a month of rent by cuddling. What do you tell people what your occupation is?

• Hi Robert, I'm not entirely sure why you're so concerned with how much money we make and whether or not it's 'a job'. What exactly are you trying to achieve by these repetitive posts?

You evidently don't like the concept of professional cuddling and that's fine. Go and find an enthusiast, nobody here is trying to make you book a professional.

• edited June 2020

Why should you feel entitled to convince someone that they should be not charging you for something in the first place ? Would you tell someone who sells crafts at a flea market that you love their art but can't afford it so they should instead give it to you because you are a swell person ? Or someone who does insert side hustle / hobby here for profit that because they enjoy what they do and get benefits from it as well that they shouldn't be charging a fee for it ? Come on, just cus you don't like that some women charge to cuddle people doesn't mean you should have expectations that they should be treating you as a charity case .

I agree with some sentiments I hear re unrealistic pricing , not doing it for the right reasons , etc that is a dead horse beaten to death ten times over . And nothing irritates me more than seeing some folks touting themselves as having magical healing powers and trying to convince desperate gullible people that they can cure them of whatever ails them through their hugs . On the flip side I respect their right to charge as they see fit since it's their time , energy , bodies , and safety . And there truly are some amazing pros on here too who certainly do take it seriously and it is a job for them . Just cus you may like your customer / client doesn't mean you shouldn't still be charging as it is still a job and means of income .

• edited June 2020

@Robert87 .....one out of ten pros on this site will take the money out of the cuddling . But they’ll have to like you first

• [Deleted User]SanFranResident (deleted user)

@Robert87 , you're not coming across very well here.

"The problem with your analogy to you comparing yourself to other lines of work is you don't sell anything. You won't lose anything if you cuddle with somebody for free. Nothing is being taken from you."

How about their time? If I go do my job for free (which doesn't involve selling anything), what am I "losing" other than my time? Same thing.

"It's like me saying it's a job to mow by elderly neighbor's lawn."

What if you mow a whole bunch of lawns, and advertise and take calls to book more lawn-mowings, and report your income to the IRS? At what point would you admit that this is indeed a job? Moreover, if a stranger called you out of the blue and asked you to mow his lawn for free, would you do it?

Look, it's very transparent that your posts are an expression of your frustration and not a rational argument. Maybe take a step back for a bit.

It's funny that I asked one question and you all feel the need to defend yourselves. I am not against women being paid to cuddle, but it's laughable that some consider it a job and think that they can support themselves 100% just by cuddling.

"What if you mow a whole bunch of lawns, and advertise and take calls to book more lawn-mowings, and report your income to the IRS? At what point would you admit that this is indeed a job? Moreover, if a stranger called you out of the blue and asked you to mow his lawn for free, would you do it?"

If I make 30, 40, 50k a year then it is definitely a job.

I have mowed many lawns for free.

• Since you’re repeating on both the general forum and here in the professional forum, I’ll repeat on both sides as well:

@Robert87
    I sustain myself with cuddling alone. I’m proof you’re wrong. And I personally know a few others. It’s a job. Through and through. An enjoyable one, but a job nonetheless.

@Sheena123 So you make 30, 40, 50k a year just by cuddling?

• @Robert87 it is bordering on harassment , the way you are obsessively going after people with your Inquisition about their income and whether or not you can call cuddling an actual job . It is getting pretty weird .....

Asking a question is harassment? LOL You're funny.

Some people like to live in la la land and believe everything they read.

• If I believe everything I read then I would REALLY think you are obsessed as well as a bit loony

@pmvines You're more than welcome to think that. You have every right to have an opinion about me.

• Hey Robert,

I provide a service that makes money and I pay taxes on = a job.
    I don't live off it as I have a day job also. Hope that's cool with you?

Have a great day! X

@EllexxBelle Perfect! Thanks for confirming that you can't JUST cuddle and you cuddle for extra money.

edited June 2020

It's unfortunate that the other thread on the General Forum, which contained some genuine posts in addition to @Robert87 's nonsense, is the one that was closed, while this one, which exists only to support @Robert87 's inane attacks on pro cuddlers, remains open.

• @Robert87 I choose to do it as a source of income, yes.

You sound very bitter. Like I've said previously, nobody is forcing you to pay to cuddle. There are plenty of enthusiasts here. Go find one and get all this negativity out of your system.

Much love x

@SanFranResident I never attacked anybody. I asked a simple question. Stop making things up.

@EllexxBelle Bitter about what? I have two friends I cuddle with.

edited June 2020

@EllexxBelle , I fully endorse your opinion that @Robert87 is bitter, and I will add onto that my opinion that he's acting like a complete jerk.

However, I'd like to make a correction to something you said. You wrote, "There are plenty of enthusiasts here." The problem is, that's not true. In most areas, there are around 10 times or more as many enthusiast men as women. You can verify this using the search function on the site. Consequently, it's extremely difficult for most men on this site to find enthusiast women to cuddle with - almost all messages to enthusiast women are ignored. It is common for men to be on this site for 3+ years and be unable to find any enthusiast woman to cuddle with.

It's actually similar to the dichotomy that many people find in dating - where women are often wondering "how do I sort through all the men who want to date me?" and men are often wondering "how do I get women to want to date me?" - but even stronger.

So, while I understand your annoyance with the way @Robert87 expresses his frustration and the specific things he says, I'd ask for your sympathy in just the bare fact that men are frustrated, that it feels to many men like finding affection from the opposite sex is very easy for women but very difficult for men. I hope you can see now that telling @Robert87 to "Go find one and get all this negativity out of your system" is actually very counterproductive - messaging enthusiast women on this site can be a very disheartening and depressing endeavor.

• @SanFranResident that's fair enough, I retract that statement! I assumed there would be more in the US than here in the UK. 💕

@Robert87 I'm not sure what you're bitter about. You are not coming across well in any of these threads, in fact you are being incredibly antagonistic and tbh, a total ass. Plus your strange fixation on what we earn?! I apologise if you're frustrated over the lack of enthusiasts here, however that is no reason to attack pros.

@EllexxBelle Again, I'm not bitter and frustrated because I already have women to cuddle. All I asked was a simple question.

• @Robert87 and has that question been answered?

@EllexxBelle Nope. What is your answer?

This discussion has been locked.